Dursagon

Husky Eyes Art

I created an art piece that I call husky eyes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSVi-BJLkfk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I started with a pic and I reduced it to 8 bit grey scale. Once that was done, I got the idea of using the 1x1 round plates with the holes in them to create additional shades beyond the four basic grey scale colors of black, LBG, DBG and white. Because those plates make up 3 more colors, because I didn't use the black plates with holes in them, I still had one more color to use so I decided to use flat silver as a tone between the LBG and DBG.

Once those colors were were settled on, I then worked on the eyes. For them I knew I was going to use Dk Blue and Med Blue but didn't know what to use for the light color. By accident, I pulled out the Med Azure and tried it on the piece and it just made the eyes pop! After that, I just did the typical frame and added some gold greebling to make it more interesting looking.

One of my favorite reactions to this piece was from Dawn from Lego Masters who gave me a small placard made out of Lego that said, "This made my heart soar!" and it had a Lego heart with two 1x1 Quarter circles turned to that they looked like wings for the heart. She even signed it after she found out I was trying to find the person who left it by my piece because I thought they lost it by accident. Since then, I've treasured it and it just makes me feel good that someone appreciated my work like that. This piece was also put into an art museum for a display that featured art like mine for a year.