Sign in to follow this  
ExeSandbox

MOC: Container House II

お久しぶりです Eurobricks 🙇

It's been so long since I've shared any new MOCs over here. Life got in the way for a while, and I haven't had much opportunities for personal LEGO projects.

But today I have something that hearkens back to an old MOC of mine that I posted here during the end of 2018 (gosh it feels kinda nostalgic already :cry_sad:)

Container House II

A follow-up to it's predecessor, but with fully legal construction and much less fun to look at! Gone are all the cool angles and playful colors, instead I have opted for rigid shapes, a monotone black and white color scheme and a heavy emphasis on realism. Almost representative of transitioning from a high and optimistic TFOL  to an  A F O L  too bogged down with the "realities" of life...:iamded_lol:

pics are worth a thousand words etc etc so I won't bother you all with more text lol. enjoy the pics :)

52726473096_d7b2b96cc1_b.jpg

52726730644_f5e3df4d2c_b.jpg

52726887335_3ca932200c_b.jpg

52726953618_d048fef20c_b.jpg

52726730199_849d08f7b8_b.jpg

52726953318_c206ca6866_b.jpg

52726886825_664a272a5c_b.jpg

Back to more text!!! 

As a sort of post-mortem, here is a pic of the older and younger container house siblings. I love them both in their own aspects and have put a lot of thought and care into designing them. But I can't shake the feeling that despite the latter being a more successful and better executed LEGO model, the core idea is inherently weaker than it's predecessor IMO. Not to mention the amount of ideas that were copy-pasted from the former model. (very apparent when you view the interior of both models.) I came into this build hoping to completely outdo myself from the past, but it seems that the 4 year old model will still remain as one of my landmark models. 

As a footnote, I should add that I built this second Container House for the Bricklink Designer Program Series 1. I don't feel good in commodifying my creations all the time (even though that's pretty much the case now). But if it weren't for the program I wouldn't have pushed myself to bring this model into existence and I'm just happy to have made something new. (Not because I NEED THE MONIES or anything.)  As well, though it may seem like the limited palette resulted in the restrained color scheme, that is not the case. It was a conscious decision of mine from the start that just happened to work well with the palette's availability.

Thank you very much for viewing. 🙇