_R_R_

Bit of a dilemma regarding a purchase I made...

So I bought a minifig on Bricklink and it arrived today, only it wasn't the minifigure I ordered but a different one.

Here's my dillema, the minifigure I got is one I was also planning on getting and it even came with it's accessories and a base which I wasn't expecting (it's also more expensive than the one I ordered) so while I'm tempted to just keep it and gloss over the fact the seller sent me the wrong minifigure and avoid any after sales drama I also don't want to give the seller a fake positive rating cause this could probably happen to some other people seeing as the seller has some negative feedback.

What should I do?

Send a message  to the seller, telling him the mistake that was made and give him the opportunity to get you the minifig you wanted. I wouldn't give him a a less than positive rating.

If it were me, I'd send the seller a message letting them know, and perhaps purchase the other minifig as well and even-out the price between them to what it should have been for both (maybe with a small discount since they won't need to pay for return shipping as well as sending the correct minifig, and it was their mistake).  No extra hassle shipping the other one back to them if it's one you wanted anyway, and nobody is any worse off overall.

14 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

Send a message  to the seller, telling him the mistake that was made and give him the opportunity to get you the minifig you wanted. I wouldn't give him a a less than positive rating.

11 hours ago, deraven said:

If it were me, I'd send the seller a message letting them know, and perhaps purchase the other minifig as well and even-out the price between them to what it should have been for both (maybe with a small discount since they won't need to pay for return shipping as well as sending the correct minifig, and it was their mistake).  No extra hassle shipping the other one back to them if it's one you wanted anyway, and nobody is any worse off overall.

I've sent the seller a message, I also took another look at their shop and they don't have the minifigure I ordered, to be clear it was a minifigure of the same character (Jack Sparrow) and the Item No on the minifigure only has a difference of one number so I can see where the seller got confused.

Anyway I've decided I'll just keep the minifigure but I'm not sure if I give them a neutral or negative rating since in this case I can understand the mistake.