Sign in to follow this  
Legodt

How do you plan to display Eiffel Tower in your Town?

How do you plan to display Eiffel Tower in your Town?

WIP - I have installed a platform and layout in my Modular Town to include the new Eiffel Tower.  I built some trees and a monorail station for the 6399 Airport Monorail and added steps from the street level to reach the platform of the Eiffel Tower.  I also plan to remove the micro-sized lamp posts and some of the miniature foliage. I think this will help with make the minifigures seem more comfortable in this space, so they don't feel like Gulliver in Lilliput.  I also plan to shorten the TV/Media antenna, so that I can fit the Eiffel Tower on a table and in a room with a low basement ceiling.  Also, there is a Carousel very close to the real Eiffel Tower, so I plan to install the small Carousel from Winter Village Market (10235) near the Eiffel Tower display.  This will balance out the presence of the Airport Monorail station.

I would love to hear more about this subject:

-How do you plan to display the new Eiffel Tower (10307)?

-Will it be part of your LEGO Town or Modular Display?

-How do you plan to deal with the micro-sized lamp posts?

-Will you make modifications to lower the overall height, so that it will fit inside your house?

-What buildings do you plan to display nearby, if any?

By Ogelsbob, aka Legodt

IMG_6424

IMG_6425

IMG_6414

First, wow! Nice setup and collection you have there. Second, will the Eiffel Tower even fit? I'll be honest, I don't have the money or space for that monstrosity.

Have you thought about running the monorail track through the center of it? You could even put a tram station under there.

Edited by gotoAndLego

This sounds like a great idea, but I'm too far along to consider putting the monorail through the Eiffel Tower.  After Brickworld Chicago, I think I'll consider a new set up and it might work then.  Do you plan to building the new 10307 Eiffle Tower?