Sign in to follow this  
Pirate_King_1982

Which Speed Champions are six studs wide?

Hi all, got back into LEGO about a year ago, started off with Pirates of Barracuda Bay and Medieval Blacksmith, but the offerings in both Pirate and Castle themes is pretty slim, and both of those two kits are actually fro the LEGO Ideas theme. I know there’s the 90th Anniversary Castle, but compared to the blacksmith I don’t like it too much as I find the scale a little off, also less detailed and TBH, a little toy like (yes I do realise LEGO produces toys, however some sets like the two I mentioned are definitely more directed at AFOLs like us). Anyway I’ve fallen in love with quite a few of the LEGO Creator Expert modular Buildings and plan on getting a few of the more recent sets. I plant on building display scenes on my shelves with the new Road plates in a MILS configuration and am just going to use various LEGO vehicles from the City theme to be set up travelling on my roads. To get to the point of this thread and actually ask my question, I was wondering if anyone could point me to a definitive lis either on Eurobricks or externally of whichSpeed Champions vehicles  are six stud and which are eight stud wide? Eight stud wide are too big for the road plates, and also make things like a fire engine or dump track form the City theme look tiny. I’ve found the Dodge Charger/Dodge Challenger two pack quite to my liking and was wondering which other vehicles come in the six stud scale? Thanks in advance for any help may be able to assist me with, I’ve done a Google search and searched Eurobricks but haven’t been successful at all.

2015-2019, six studs 

2020-2023, eight studs

1 hour ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

offerings in both Pirate and Castle themes is pretty slim

Yes, that is an issue, hoping for more in the future. :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a definitive lis either on Eurobricks or externally of whichSpeed Champions vehicles  are six stud and which are eight stud wide?

As @icm pointed out, all sets released from 2020 and onwards consist of 8-wide vehicles, here is a list of all Speed Champions sets on Brickset, ye can see the line where they stopped making 6-wide vehicles:

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Speed-Champions/page-1

If you want to obtain more 6-wide cars released recently, I suggest looking into City theme, as there seem to be some vehicles released independently:

60383-1.jpg?202212020638

60384-1.jpg?202212020638

60389-1.jpg?202212020642

That is just from this year alone, good luck with the city! :pir-thumb: