Sign in to follow this  
Trudop561

The choice of a good pirate set

What are your criterias when you choose to buy a pirate set? Is it the amount of minifigures, the pieces, the number of canons, the number of jewels in the treasure chest, etc???

What are your criterias when you choose to buy a pirate set? Is it the amount of minifigures, the pieces, the number of canons, the number of jewels in the treasure chest, etc???

I don't think I've actually bought either of my two pirate sets myself, but I would definately say I'd buy one for the nice design, the cool minifigures and good pieces... :pir-wink:

May I ask, why is it that you want to know? :pir-classic:

:skull:

Basically it's a mixture of the things you mentioned. But mostly it is for the minifigs (especially if I have the set already)+ sometimes when there's really nice pieces in the set, like lattice windows, I would buy it partly for that as well. The other parts are mostly a nice and usefull extra. I don't often buy a set just for its design, since I mostly do not intend to keep them that way, but occasionaly I build a set (with a nice design, like BSB) for fun and inspiration.

Edited by Fluyt

I don't think I've actually bought either of my two pirate sets myself, but I would definately say I'd buy one for the nice design, the cool minifigures and good pieces... :pir-wink:

May I ask, why is it that you want to know? :pir-classic:

I never bought a pirate set of my life and if Lego re-release the pirate line in the next years I want to know which set buy.

I never bought a pirate set of my life and if Lego re-release the pirate line in the next years I want to know which set buy.

I'd say just go by your instincts. :thumbup::pir-classic:

I Usually choose by finding which ones would make be good in a MOC, or simply which ones have more useful parts.

Right now, i'd probably focus on sets containing Shakos cause i'm about 35 shakos short of 50 for my Constitution Marines if pirates were released.

Although in general, i'd go for sets that come with bricks that i'd like to get and as many desired figs possible. :pir-grin:

So it depends on what figs and bricks you'd like to get. :pir-wink: