Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, brickbride said:

I'm pretty sure you'll get your wish, but how does that reflect the results of the movie? The other day I saw the Spiderman No Way Home final battle for more than 35% off, and that movie's the third highest grossing in the MCU (and the only non-Avengers movie in the top five). Black Panther was well-received. The Black Panther bust was not. On the other hand, Thor 4 was hardly a fan favourite, but the Goat Boat seems to be.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that the popularity of a movie is 1-to-1 with the popularity of the set, but it's a factor.

Black Panther was well-recieved, but the set was such a weird choice (and didn't look all that good IMO), so it sold poorly.

Thor 4 was pretty hated, but the set was a good way to get every major character and a nice viking ship at a weirdly good price. It probably also benefitted from featuring fan-favorite villain Gorr and releasing before the movie butchered the god butcher.

The No Way Home battle is an outlier to me. I'd guess it's just that kids don't have $100 lying around for what is probably a boring-looking set for them, even if it's got the other spiders. (Also, all younger/more imaginative kids need is three different spidey variants. When I was young the 2012 spider-man with navy blue arms and legs was the Amazing Spider-Man.)

With the Hoopty, clearly the set was pretty poorly received before the movie came out. Meaning to avoid massive price reductions, the movie needed to be a hit, so people would swallow the price, lack of a villain, etc, to have a set based on a movie they loved. Since like 5 people liked the movie, the set's gonna hit some pretty massive discounts.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned the No Way Home set: It's a well-received set from a very high-grossing movie.

Another weird entry is Rivendell, which someone has mentioned in this thread despite it not being Marvel. It's a well-received set based on a reaaaally popular and timeless property. AND it's more or less exclusive. AND they said upon its release that other LotR sets would depend on its success, and we're allegedly getting another one next year, so Rivendell ought to have hit its sales targets - yet it STILL ends up discounted! (Repeatedly, at least on Amazon.de).

Basically, my takeaway is this: These days even well-received sets based on popular movies should have no trouble hitting minus 35 percent or, in the case of exclusives like Rivendell, at least minus 20 percent. If either of those isn't true - if either the set or the movie isn't that popular -, well, let's see how quickly we get to those 50 percent.

Though in the case of something like the Hoopty, LEGO clearly have been stacking the deck to begin with: "We fear there might be backlash against the movie, so the set will have to go on clearance! I have an idea: Why don't we make it 50 percent more expensive than it should be, so we'll still make a tidy profit when it's sold on clearance? That way, everyone's happy!"

Edited by brickbride

4 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

apparently the January catalog is out there

Are you referring to the catalog because of the monkie kid set images?

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Are you referring to the catalog because of the monkie kid set images?

yes… they don't come from the catalogue, right? :-D

3 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

yes… they don't come from the catalogue, right? :-D

Nope they are not from a catalogue. They are from an instruction book

Edited by Falconfan1414

Proprio ora, Falconfan1414 ha detto:

No, non provengono da un catalogo. Sono da un libro di istruzioni

uh ok, thanks for the clarification! :-)

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Should'nt be too long though now, normally the January sets get revealed by December 1st.

The last days are the hardest to overcome :-D

57 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

The last days are the hardest to overcome :-D

-November 26

18 hours ago, PGBQW said:

-November 26

Thanks for helping me keep track! So, what can we expect in January?

The extra-MCU minifigures could all be new: War Machine and Venom certainly, also Goblin and Doc Ock, unless Lego has decided to "Venomize" only the accessories (but that would be strange), perhaps even Spider Man and Gwen, because we haven't seen them in 2023 and Lego may have used the pause to study a new design. As I already said, I'm curious to find out if War Machine will have some reference to Iron Patriot, to avoid having two Mechs that are too similar in color. Anyway all his minifigures have been great, I hope it continues like this...

We know half of the x-MEN, I think Magneto will get the old helmet (unless it's that purple version with the long hair), and Wolverine will probably just be a downgrade of the CMF, similar to the Mech 2023 (unless it has a completely different look, which would be much appreciated).

We know that in the No Way Home set there is "only" a new Lizard with a tail, and honestly I don't expect many details, given how the other villains of the film were handled. Buildable Sandman could be very cool like Clayface from Lego Batman Movie, or very mundane like the more recent Clayface. I don't remember the number of pieces, but expectations are quite low...

Warbird and buildable Rocket -for me- are just wasted Infinity Saga slots. I like Ronan but there isn't much to speculate about the rest...

Obviously the absence of new molds is the norm for Lego Marvel, and I don't expect a big budget for the rest of the year either :-/

Finally, if that bust that's true, there might be an Age of Ultron set out there somewhere…

43 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Thanks for helping me keep track! So, what can we expect in January?

He's referencing a meme about November. Don't google it, the general subject has been discussed enough in this forum since rogue's hair leaked.

44 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

The extra-MCU minifigures could all be new: War Machine and Venom certainly, also Goblin and Doc Ock, unless Lego has decided to "Venomize" only the accessories (but that would be strange), perhaps even Spider Man and Gwen, because we haven't seen them in 2023 and Lego may have used the pause to study a new design. As I already said, I'm curious to find out if War Machine will have some reference to Iron Patriot, to avoid having two Mechs that are too similar in color. Anyway all his minifigures have been great, I hope it continues like this...

We know half of the x-MEN, I think Magneto will get the old helmet (unless it's that purple version with the long hair), and Wolverine will probably just be a downgrade of the CMF, similar to the Mech 2023 (unless it has a completely different look, which would be much appreciated).

Finally, if that bust that's true, there might be an Age of Ultron set out there somewhere…

I could see War Machine being gray with a trans-red accent and Venom being black and white, which would be different enough for lego I feel. I do agree that most of these characters will be new, we're due a new comic Spidey anyway.

My guess is wolveriene is either the mech one or the CMF one with plain arms and legs. Magneto's anyone's guess, that helmet mold might be gone by now, they might just give him hair and not make a new mold.

I feel pretty confident in that Quicksilver torso being real, so assumably he is coming. I suppose it's possible he was scrapped from the tower, but if they left him out to throw in one of the repeats I'll lose my mind.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He's referencing a meme about November. Don't google it, the general subject has been discussed enough in this forum since rogue's hair leaked.

hehe ok, it will remain one of the things I don't understand :-)

You're probably right about War Machine, I still trust that it will be a great minifigure! The helmet could be resurrected like Wolverine's hood, all the merchandise I see offers the same old Magneto...

23 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Should'nt be too long though now, normally the January sets get revealed by December 1st.

Looking back, it's actually normally December 2nd, which is a Saturday this year. Lego only does official reveals on business days, so I wonder if Lego will drop everything on December 1st or wait until Monday, December 4th. I think I know what everyone here wants.

I wonder if the Taxi promo will come back at some point? I missed out on this GWP - tower is not a priority purchase, and because I just moved, I spent a ton of money on furniture instead of Legos. LOL

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Buildable Sandman could be very cool like Clayface from Lego Batman Movie, or very mundane like the more recent Clayface. I don't remember the number of pieces, but expectations are quite low...

Sandman will use the face piece from the buildable figures (cap, ant man etc).

Fingers crossed for some Avengers Tower/AOU supporting sets...

1 hour ago, TandNbricks said:

Fingers crossed for some Avengers Tower/AOU supporting sets...

Time for a brick built face MOC, that's disappointing to hear. lego's shown they can do passable faces at that scale, and to hear we've wasted a print on what will almost certainly look terrible is unfortunate.

I know you leak stuff, so is this last one just your own personal hopes, or have you heard something about the validity of that quicksilver torso?

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

I wonder if the Taxi promo will come back at some point? I missed out on this GWP - tower is not a priority purchase, and because I just moved, I spent a ton of money on furniture instead of Legos. LOL

I'm 99% sure you can just bricklink the constituent parts and figs- I don't think there was anything particularly rare or unique.

1 hour ago, TandNbricks said:

Now here's the real question, is it the face plate with the nose (cap) or the one without (spiderman, Ant-Man)? If it's the nose plate, cursed sandman here we come!

If the new Venom is inspired by his Insomniac design like the 2021 Doc Ock that would go so hard

2 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

dhwzzzewmjb71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

But if you're in a generous hint giving mood...is there any chance of finally getting a symbiote Spider-Man next year? The possibility of Lego making minifigures from the Spider-Man 2 game like how they put Doc Ock and the classic red/blue suit from the 2018 game in the 2021/22 sets is the only thing stopping me from ordering a spare Venom torso along with a couple Anya Corazon Spider-Girl heads off of Bricklink and erasing the mouth.

Edited by TheBatstan

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

have you heard something about the validity of that quicksilver torso?

Haven't heard anything about quicksilver.

I haven't done any leaking in a while. My guess about that torso is that it's from a retailer exclusive if it is legit.

6 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

uh, thanks for the tip! He is always much appreciated

5 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

is it the face plate with the nose (cap) or the one without (spiderman, Ant-Man)?

Wow, I only just realized that Cap's "face" has a nose :-D

How many of you bought Avengers Tower this weekend? 

I haven't been able to bring myself to get it yet. I'm excited to buy it, but I already got the 2 GWPs last weekend, and the Black Panther Taxi set is so dull that that hasn't pushed me into the buy camp. I'll probably wait until the next double VIP weekend and some decent GWPs before picking it up. 

14 minuti fa, squiz18 ha detto:

Quanti di voi hanno comprato Avengers Tower questo fine settimana?

My first copy is on its way! I had a discount at the lego store for my birthday but I had to buy on the site precisely because of that damned GWP (which was not distributed in stores in Italy). I still think it's a terrible homage, but I had to have it for the collection……….

Ps. even the Castle freebie didn't arrive in the physical store 

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

How many of you bought Avengers Tower this weekend? 

I haven't been able to bring myself to get it yet. I'm excited to buy it, but I already got the 2 GWPs last weekend, and the Black Panther Taxi set is so dull that that hasn't pushed me into the buy camp. I'll probably wait until the next double VIP weekend and some decent GWPs before picking it up. 

I did.

Agree with you on the Taxi set, but I was able to sell it for a pretty good price on Bricklink.