Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

13 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Precisely for this reason: it debuted in 2016 and has never returned. We're talking about Marvel obviously, I think 7 years is enough time to say it's been abandoned...

Why wouldn't you count other uses outside of Marvel??? Lego Marvel is not a seperate company from the other Lego themes.

Oh, also add the brickbuilt Ares from 76075 Wonder Woman Warrior Battle released in May 2017. 

Bigfigs aren't going away. Brickbuilt maxifigures aren't going away. They are both useful tools in Lego's tool kit.

My Avengers Tower arrived today, built the taxi promo and Leviathan, need to make space to put the Tower before I start it

As the taxi driver (Peter Lang/Maxwell Turner) has an alternate face, giving him the cap doesn't feel right for the display, so I decided instead to use the cap and spare shawarma piece to recreate the Chitauri Tourist from LEGO Marvel Avengers

On 11/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't want them to put enlarged characters in sets as brick-built minifigs. For something like Sandman from NWH, I'd prefer a display that looks more like the shifting mass of the movie character than a giant minifig. They're funny, but don't display well IMO.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:42 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I might not have said that right. I wasn't talking about this specific sandman, I was using him as an example for large figures I wouldn't want as brick-built minifigs like 2016's giant man. We know this specific one won't be that as it's got the buildible figure (recent style) head mold, but I also assume it won't be humanoid.

See, for the characters that need to be bigger, but don't have basic human proportions (Groot, Molten Man, Arishem, Kro), buildable figures are the way to go. While I could see Sandman use the same type of head as the brickbuilt minifigures, he's not usually all that humanoid in colossal form

But personally for the characters that are human (or humanlike) but are either capable of growing, or are just naturally larger (Giant Man, Goliath, Stature, Sentry 459) then the most natural way to adapt those would be as brick built minifigure. Sentinels could easily fit in either category for me

To best describe my reasoning, it would have to be that Quantumania Ant Man grew, and suddenly gets more articulation than he had at normal height (sure the brickfigs can swivel their arms, but otherwise they have the same movement as a normal figure)

Now that's just my opinion, didn't mean to cause whole thing over brickfigs or buildable figures, so I'll instigate a debate instead;

Galactus; brickfig or buildable?

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Agent Venom

The lack of Agent Venom never fails to amaze me with how much LEGO love to milk Venom

We've had 2 different versions of Venomized Iron Man before a mass release Symbiote Spidey or AV, and that fact should speak plenty about the LEGO Marvel theme

Edited by NXS7

7 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

are you serious?

Yes, I'm serious.  Lego Marvel is not a seperate company from the other Lego themes.

For the purposes of discussing the future stae of brickbuilt maxifigures: Why wouldn't you count other uses outside of Marvel?

52 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Brickfig - couple of decent ones on rebrickable. Surtur would be another good one for Marvel

Galactus and Surtur would both be amazing brickbuilt figures!

I'd love to see a brickbuilt Ego, too.

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

But personally for the characters that are human (or humanlike) but are either capable of growing, or are just naturally larger (Giant Man, Goliath, Stature, Sentry 459) then the most natural way to adapt those would be as brick built minifigure. Sentinels could easily fit in either category for me

To best describe my reasoning, it would have to be that Quantumania Ant Man grew, and suddenly gets more articulation than he had at normal height (sure the brickfigs can swivel their arms, but otherwise they have the same movement as a normal figure)

I feel the exact same way about the "bionicle" Ant-Man figure.

Lego has been dying to get back into the action figure market (a la Bionicle) but these look so strange!

43 minuti fa, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks ha detto:

Sì, sono serio. Lego Marvel non è un'azienda separata dagli altri temi Lego.

But the forum yes

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

But the forum yes

I understand that this forum is for Marvel sets, but other themes can inform the future of the Marvel theme.

They haven't used a green 2x2 brick in a Marvel set since 76020 Knowhere Escape Mission released June 2014.

By your logic you will assume they will never use a green 2x2 brick in a Lego Marvel set again, despite the fact that it's been released in 16 sets across 8 themes in 2023.

4 minuti fa, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks ha detto:

Capisco che questo forum è per i set Marvel, ma altri temi possono informare il futuro del tema Marvel

If you read the discussion better, I said that anything can happen in the future, but to say that something has been abandoned we have to look at the present and the past, not the future. And - I repeat - after 7/8 years of not seeing that type of construction, I feel I can say that the Marvel designers have abandoned it.

I think we've taken up too much space with an uninteresting discussion and I'm not interested in having the last word. If you want to understand well, otherwise that's fine too

11 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

after 7/8 years of not seeing that type of construction, I feel I can say that the Marvel designers have abandoned it.

The designers work for more than one theme, my friend. And we've seen this type of construction as recently as June 2023.

For example, the deisgner of the brickbuilt giant maxifigure from 75967: Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter also designed one of the best Lego Marvel sets ever - 76057: Spider-Man: Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle.

He also designs for the following themes: Monkie Kid, City, Ideas, Harry Potter, etc.

Have a great evening my friend!

11 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Arishem and Molten Man are even in a playset, it seems clear to me that when faced with the choice, Lego has always opted for non-maxifig solutions.

None of those figs are supposed to be the same size as Antman, tho?

11 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

At the moment however, given that we haven't seen any for 7/8 years

But we did see one 3 years ago in Harry Potter. 

10 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

However no problem, in my opinion the format is not used by Lego Marvel, in your opinion it is still widely used by Lego Marvel. I think we can both be happy

That's not at all what he's saying, you can't just "agree to disagree" when you're just factually wrong, mate

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm not interested in having the last word

Me when I drink the juice that makes me immune to Irony

Reminder of Janaury (and potential January) sets that we may see in the next day or so:

JANUARY 2024 (Total 9):

UNKNOWN 2024? (Total 4):

9 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Today is my birthday, wish me a happy birthday instead of saying the usual megablocks 

I'll throw you a happy birthday but honestly this maxifig argument is quite possibly the most nitpicky argument I've seen on the forum. We have no indication that they'll use them again soon, or that they've discontinued them. There's no pattern to draw from for either argument and it doesn't really matter since we don't have any leaks regarding things that could be maxifigs or more traditional large brick built figs anyway.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Reminder of Janaury (and potential January) sets that we may see in the next day or so:

The venom and dock ock set is one of the most intruiging ones to me because I we can't tell what it is. This wave is also very venom heavy and I'm wondering if we'll get a new design or potentially even finally symbiote spidey or agent venom.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'll throw you a happy birthday

Thank you!!! :-D my Tower has also arrived so I can get drunk and stop thinking about maxifigs (which is an absolutely abandoned form!!!! :-D). Not long until the new sets are revealed, I'm so excited ^___^

23 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Questa onda è anche molto pesante di veleno e mi chiedo se otterremo un nuovo design o potenzialmente anche finalmente simbionte spidey o veleno agente.

I bet a new design, same for the mech and the polybag. No symbiote and no Agent :-P

…and obviously no bigfig :-(((

44 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The venom and dock ock set is one of the most intruiging ones to me because I we can't tell what it is. This wave is also very venom heavy and I'm wondering if we'll get a new design or potentially even finally symbiote spidey or agent venom.

I would not be surprised if we got redesigns of multiple Spidey figs in January. To my knowledge (and this was mentioned elsewhere as well), we haven't gotten a Spidey design refresh in a bit, and I could see that happening with Ghost Spider, Ock, Goblin, and perhaps even Venom since all of them have been using their 2020 designs for the past 3 years in the few instances they have appeared (except Venom, as he's been in everything). The Bugle would really be the only "outdated" set with designs, and for that set it wouldn't hurt it, since none of the designs are bad (and that set reportedly retires December 2024 by current lists, so the old designs wouldn't be around that long in production anyway). 

But to be fair, that is all speculation. For all we know Venom will just have a different backpack or no changes at all. 

Interesting to see the Taxi GWP is still available (in the UK at least). Wonder if that can give any indication about sales. We're all used to seeing the GWPs fly off the shelves. 

4 minuti fa, squiz18 ha detto:

Interessante vedere che il Taxi GWP è ancora disponibile (almeno nel Regno Unito). Mi chiedo se questo possa dare qualche indicazione sulle vendite. Siamo tutti abituati a vedere i GWP volare via dagli scaffali.

I don't know about abroad, but in Italy it is an exclusive of the site, and many have bought in physical stores (also because it is a rather negligible gift)

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'll throw you a happy birthday but honestly this maxifig argument is quite possibly the most nitpicky argument I've seen on the forum. We have no indication that they'll use them again soon, or that they've discontinued them. There's no pattern to draw from for either argument and it doesn't really matter since we don't have any leaks regarding things that could be maxifigs or more traditional large brick built figs anyway.

I agree with you on both points. My position was that there's no evidence maxifigures have been discontinued. I never said they would be coming back soon.

Pictures of the spider-man helmet is out. I’ve seen it on the Lego marvel leaks subreddit but guess it’s elsewhere too.

Edited by Chris10

11 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

Pictures of the spider-man helmet is out. I’ve seen it on the Lego marvel leaks subreddit but guess it’s elsewhere too.

Thanks for sharing. Looks alright, though not sure about those big pieces. 

22 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

Looks better than I would have expected. But I had zero expectations for this.

Hopefully this means Blackbird pictures will leak soon.

Oof, that is... that is ROUGH. Some massive printed/stickered parts that really hurt this design. I don't think a spider-man mask works well here at all, but I think the best thing to do may have been just to attempt to use small part separations to imply the webbing without these large printed elements.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

And the first 2024 set is… drum roll…. a helmet ^______^

Followed by Spidey 4+ wave

Electro mask piece, but it's with green female hair

Our first Arnim Zola... egg

The Iron Man figure is really nice though (let's be honest, he'll still have the same face print) and I love this new Miles design

Edited by NXS7

Thoughts (Keep in mind while I do technically fit the demo of "above 4", these sets are obviously not meant for anyone who should be on this forum... or able to read at this level)

Electro set: My biggest takeaway here is SPIN? Miles is named SPIN? Kid Arachnid was fine, I personally still like Arachnid as his hero name, but SPIN? REALLY? Electro has no usable parts for standard comic electro but *chris evans voice* whatever

Goblin set: ...I mean, I guess spider-man does lack a water traversal method... Aside from them putting in a little extra work to give Ghost spider... bat wings? (I get what they were going for but don't think it works, we really need a dual-molded arm there to get across that it's webbing and not part of the arms), it's a wash.

Zola set: AGAIN? SPIN? REAAALLLLY? THIS IS THE BEST MARVEL CAN COME UP WITH? THE MOST POPULAR SUPERHERO COMPANY IN THE WORLD? SPIN? Anyway, the Zola set is fine. Obviously zola himself has no usable parts for a non-kiddie Zola, but the Iron Man fig is actually not half-bad. 

One thing I do like with this wave is the gold on the outfits, and I might have to bricklink Spidey and Miles for those heads and torsos. Maybe Iron Man too if he's cheap enough, that's a great suit.