Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Any word about the Dino theme sets? Last I heard they were Jan release too - or are we getting another Pharaoh's Quest shafting?

Might I suggest we are going to get the bad end of the stick again, my guess mid-year toy deal for either Target or BigW....perhaps a phone call to Lego and then wait a month of Sunday's for a reply eh ? :laugh:

Lots of new sets advertised at shop at home. Some startling prices. The Batman Funhouse Escape set is $90 (in USA it's $40), The Flying Dutchman (Spongebob) is $50, $25 in USA, I'm sure there are other examples and I don't want to turn this into a price rant, but I was just stunned. So if anyone is desperate for these sets, they are available.

Might I suggest we are going to get the bad end of the stick again, my guess mid-year toy deal for either Target or BigW....perhaps a phone call to Lego and then wait a month of Sunday's for a reply eh ? :laugh:

I knowwaht you mean, I want to ask Lego if there are any jobs going for customer service as Cromwell has been a bit slack latly. I left a message on the answering service to find out where the Naboo starfighter is being exlusivly released and he has not got back to me yet. I was asking months ago and still no rely. I may need to order this online (probaly get it at a much better price anyway) but it would be nice to pick up this set in store on sale.

Oh, and it gets better :sarcasm: ....TRU know nothing at all about any of the 2012 sets....not even on their computer system yet. :ugh:

Oh, and it gets better :sarcasm: ....TRU know nothing at all about any of the 2012 sets....not even on their computer system yet. :ugh:

Looks like we are going to get screwed on some sets and thems again :angry: .

Was just looking at those Super Heroes sets on S&H, what a scam, I won't be buying any of them unless I can get them on a big BIG discount, or for a bargain price from amazon.fr. I really hope this isn't just the start of a general price increase in Aus, if it is its going to kill the local retailers sales of Lego :thumbdown:

Maybe we should all chill out about the 2012 sets. Its still DECEMBER 2011 afterall. I'm sure they will show up in good time.

And if you can't wait, order from overseas - looks like pricing will be much better anyway.

Merry Christmas

For anyone near one, Costco have sales;

Alien Mothership 7065 $40 (List $100)

Hogwarts 4867 $50 (List $100)

Republic Frigate 7964 $100 (List $200)

Thanks Siegfried, I have a friend who regularly goes to Costco & said they had some LEGO, but he didn't know what sets! Looks like they may well have cheap sets regularly.

DJ's just sent an email stating 30% off all LEGO till 1/1/12, starting boxing day!

I knowwaht you mean, I want to ask Lego if there are any jobs going for customer service as Cromwell has been a bit slack latly. I left a message on the answering service to find out where the Naboo starfighter is being exlusivly released and he has not got back to me yet. I was asking months ago and still no rely. I may need to order this online (probaly get it at a much better price anyway) but it would be nice to pick up this set in store on sale.

Can you please take the time to read through your posts? They really are a garbled mess that can be fixed easily.

30%?! I already have a Pet Shop, but that's verrrry tempting to get another, even though I'm not sure what I'd do with it!

It now appears that Lego City 2012 sets are back in full on the Lego S@H site, pricing is okay I guess all the vehicle sets are the same price 29 bucks each....I'll wait for them to be in a 20% sale or something similar....maybe a 25% off at Myers.....one can hope right ? :laugh:

FYI - Grand Emporium is available on the David Jones website at 30% off (<$180), for those who are still in the market for one. No other modulars available online however (bizarrely).

Don't know how long it'll be in stock for though...

Do they have a website?

Do they have a website?

www.google.com lol. They don't sell online or list the products they sell. If they did, they would not have as many members.

btw www.costco.com.au is the real website, but google is a good place to find it.

www.google.com lol. They don't sell online or list the products they sell. If they did, they would not have as many members.

btw www.costco.com.au is the real website, but google is a good place to find it.

Yeah I tried costco.com.au, but as you said they don't list anything.

Hey All,

The Lego.com.au Sale has begun, 2 or 3 great real bargains but the rest is a crappy 20% off sale, not worth mentioning or worth buying

because Target offers the same 20% sales whilst other sellers offer better deals........

Some really disappointing sales items, where have the 50% off sales gone Lego??????

Hey All,

The Lego.com.au Sale has begun, 2 or 3 great real bargains but the rest is a crappy 20% off sale, not worth mentioning or worth buying

because Target offers the same 20% sales whilst other sellers offer better deals........

Some really disappointing sales items, where have the 50% off sales gone Lego??????

Do Target still have their 20% off sale? With the disappointing online sales, I have a few spare $s budgeted for Lego.

There really is very little on the shop at home sale, the winter post office is discounted, but the discount doesn't even come close to covering shipping, and I think it will have to be more widely available in the coming months.

Edited: To correct horrible typo of 'discounted'

Edited by hewman

Anyone seen the modular pet shop at any David Jones stores in Melbourne?

nop they were all out ever since the last lego sale. Though there are still couple of fire brigade left.

FYI - Grand Emporium is available on the David Jones website at 30% off (<$180), for those who are still in the market for one. No other modulars available online however (bizarrely).

Yes, that's odd. Maybe they've sent them all to the stores?

I was in Westfield Miranda this afternoon and David Jones there had just shy of a billion Pet Shops and Fire Brigades. By "billion" I of course mean about 15 of each, but I've never seen so many modulars together in that store. I'm not sure how many they'd sold, but you'd think 30% off $269.95 and $299.95 = $188.95 and $209.95 respectively would help.

Another odd thing: Myer in the same Westfield had virtually cleared its floor stock with its one day 30% off toys. Again, I've never seen Myer so deplete of LEGO!

Just one solitary and battered Tower Bridge ($399 - 30% = $279.30) and a handful of Ninjago, Duplo and tubs of bricks. Nothing else. Normally full racks were cleared.

"Bring on the 2012 stock," I imagine them saying!

Edited by dotmike

Go on the hunt at Kmart everyone......starters the city bank set only 49 bucks, blacksmith attack 12 bucks, plus found one space shuttle at 99.....of course, lack of money plus the fact I want a stack of 2012 city vehicle sets is stopping me for going Lego buying crazying. :blush:

Dam, so far no 2012 sets yet....fingers are crossed....please Lego hear my prayer. :blush:

Go on the hunt at Kmart everyone......starters the city bank set only 49 bucks, blacksmith attack 12 bucks, plus found one space shuttle at 99.....of course, lack of money plus the fact I want a stack of 2012 city vehicle sets is stopping me for going Lego buying crazying. :blush:

Was the space shuttle at Firle? I found it several aisles away from the Lego, scanned it and put it with the Lego, but resisted buying. Although I was bad and bought the big Ninjago set, for $99, I couldn't say no to half price and I haven't bought anything online for a while. Firle K-mart had plenty of half price (well half of their price) City advent calendars for $25. Also Pirates of the C. were heavily discounted too, 30-45% for the sets I saw today.

Edit: They also had the Mill Village Raid set for a rather respectable $69 I think.

Edited by hewman