Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

It was available on the B&N site yesterday, so I'm guessing there.

Well they still have the Hogwarts set at $149.95 US so I doubt it.

With all the pics and prices out now for the 10221 Super Star Destroyer, some will be devising strategies to buy it. At $399.99 US, we will most likely me looking at between $629.99 and $699.99, which was the range of the 10188 Death Star Playset when it first came out (started at $629.99 then jumped, ignoring the initial price error of below $350!)

The case now is, do we hope a retailer picks it up and get it at a discount when a sale is on, or will it disappear quick like the UCS Falcon did with stores getting a very limited supply? Of course Bricklink is an option, but you will likely get slugged with a $125 shipping fee, and I really doubt B&N will get it.

Is anyone doing any importing via another shipping company? There used to be a few people used, where you could send sets to and they would ship it forward? For the life of me I cannot remember who they are, but there are some interesting sales popping up in the US

I've used shipito once with OK results. It probably works best for a bunch of medium sized sets or if you are happy to have them remove the boxes and repack into standard size shipping boxes. I used it for a couple of modular buildings and a bunch of small stuff, and I saved a bit compared to Oz RRP but not a whole heap because of the cost of shipping the large boxes.

I've used shipito once with OK results. It probably works best for a bunch of medium sized sets or if you are happy to have them remove the boxes and repack into standard size shipping boxes. I used it for a couple of modular buildings and a bunch of small stuff, and I saved a bit compared to Oz RRP but not a whole heap because of the cost of shipping the large boxes.

Ah that's the group I was thinking of. Did they remove the boxes and repack your modular sets, or ship them whole? How much were they to ship?

With the strength of our dollar, and the sales that will undoubtedly emerge from the States, I just want to make sure that I may be able to participate :thumbup:

Well they still have the Hogwarts set at $149.95 US so I doubt it.

I'm not sure what the price of the castle has to do with it. The set, "Hogwarts" is $50 US on B&N.

I'm not sure what the price of the castle has to do with it. The set, "Hogwarts" is $50 US on B&N.

Oops my bad, I assumed it was the castle :hmpf_bad:

may i ask where you got the knight bus? Im pretty keen on the purple bricks :)

Bricklink. Just go to a site and see which one has them all. I ordered all the sets and de boxed them to cut down postage. They are still bagged but new. You have to order a bit to get value for money as you have to get over the postage barrier hurdle which is big. But the US is 50% cheaper on Lego than Oz so big orders is where you save .

Edited by cratra

Bricklink. Just go to a site and see which one has them all. I ordered all the sets and de boxed them to cut down postage. They are still bagged but new. You have to order a bit to get value for money as you have to get over the postage barrier hurdle which is big. But the US is 50% cheaper on Lego than Oz so big orders is where you save .

Cool thanks, although as someone pointed out I'll go with B&N, bit cheaper and I get to keep the box, albeit probably crushed.....hehehe

Ah that's the group I was thinking of. Did they remove the boxes and repack your modular sets, or ship them whole? How much were they to ship?

With the strength of our dollar, and the sales that will undoubtedly emerge from the States, I just want to make sure that I may be able to participate :thumbup:

I didn't ask them to remove the boxes, and if I remember correctly shipping was $105 US for two Fire Brigades, some train track, and a bunch of PF stuff.

Big W will have their catalogue (at least a sneek peek one) will be online at BigW.com.au tomorrow morning...well, it does say the 20th of June. :blush:

Did I miss out on the Myer sale or is it still on? I can't find any info about it on their website so I fear I'm too late to layby an Imperial Flagship. :(

Did I miss out on the Myer sale or is it still on? I can't find any info about it on their website so I fear I'm too late to layby an Imperial Flagship. :(

there was a 2 day sale a couple of weeks ago, but all quite now. Should be something in the next few weeks, I'm waiting to pick up the tower at 20% off so see how I go.

Myer toy sale starts on Thursday... I believe its 25% off....

Thank you :) I wonder if there's an additional discount or offer for Myer One members. I hope there will be some Imperial Flagships left at Pacific Fair Myer, I'd love to try and build it into a HMS Endeavour to go alongside my Pirates of the Caribbean sets.

Oops my bad, I assumed it was the castle :hmpf_bad:

No prob, I blame Lego for not using the name we originally thought it would be, "Battle for Hogwarts", just "Hogwarts" is too generic, and misleading as we've discovered.

Myer toy sale starts on Thursday... I believe its 25% off....

Thanks for that news. If there's an extra 10% off for Myer One members for a couple days, that puts some of the overpriced sets into the acceptable price range.

Cammy, last year you could buy them online at Myer, so hopefully it's the same this year if it's not at your local store. It's a great ship which you won't regret buying.

Edited by hewman

Anyone in Perth know if Myers has new stock of the Imperial Flagship?

Definitely want to grab one for the 25% sale.

Last time I checked (couple of weeks ago), Garden City had a single set in stock; in terrible condition too.

I havent seen any new stock at MYER here in WA yet.

But I havent been to MYER for a while (last one I went to was Fremantle on Wednesday). Will probably be going out somewhere tomorrow though and will report back if I see anything new (at MYER or elsewhere)

Anyone in Perth know if Myers has new stock of the Imperial Flagship?

Definitely want to grab one for the 25% sale.

Last time I checked (couple of weeks ago), Garden City had a single set in stock; in terrible condition too.

Perth store doesn't have any flagships. I would have liked to have picked one up as well.

They have moved the lego near the escalators, for the toy sale I guess. They had the new creator house, lighthouse and the Motorised excavator ($350 :hmpf_bad:)

Oh, my goodness......it's BigW with the SW exclusives - Imp. Shuttle and Obi Wan's Star Fighter - TWO UCS sets ! *oh2*

I'm going to have a word to my source ! :angry::blush:

Apart from that PQ and a few other things not overly special.

Brick On Shop On ! :grin:

Oh, my goodness......it's BigW with the SW exclusives - Imp. Shuttle and Obi Wan's Star Fighter - TWO UCS sets ! *oh2*

Oh, that's a relief.

It might be inconvenient for you guys, but I'm personally not getting those sets, so that means Mace Windu's Starfighter will probably coming to Target then. :classic:

Maybe that means we can get them heavilly discounted later on in a clearance. I'm still happy I got the Shuttle at $270, but still...

So your saying your source is wrong, incorrect, unreliable........

Now we just have to wait for the price $$$$ waiting game!

Lets hope the UCS Shuttle hangs around till clearance/mark down day!

I doubt the shuttle will be $270, more like $400 with $50 dollars off and they'll promote

is as the exclusive of the year!!!

Edited by Clone-Trooper

more like $400 with $50 dollars off and they'll promote is as the exclusive of the year!!!

Sounds viable. I can see it selling more at $350 than the RRP of $449.99.

And it's easily within Big W's margin: the current Falcon is around 7.5% off its RRP ($249.99 down to $228) on the shelves right at the moment. 7.5% off the Shuttle would be $416.24, a bit steep for the big toy sale.

20% off, which most retailers seem to be able to do without blinking an eye, would be $359.99. Call it $350 and watch the rich kids' parents plonk down the plastic!

However, I'm sure many AFOLs will be trying to get it closer to its 259.99 USD ($245 AUD) retail price. $100 easily pays for freight forwarding, especially if free shipping on Star Wars at US S@H pops up again.

Edited by dotmike

Well Done to BigW on securing some exclusive sets :thumbup:

A really Big thumbs down on the price!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

(if anyone in Perth is chasing a Flagship 10210 I have one mint box, tape cut on one side ebay seller posted me this instead of a petshop $220)

edit: price

Edited by MinifigHQ

The Obi Wan's Star Fighter would be the biggest flop in terms of UCS, lego had a run out for around 110 a while ago.

Who ever gets the pet shop with a sale on top will get my money, reckon DJ for xmas.