Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Hey Shopforme

Some great prices being offered on your website which is making me think twice about ordering the Lego sets from overseas anymore.

I look forward to seeing the MF sale price coming up, although I am slightly disappointed the Imperial Shuttle is only 20% off now ;-)

But combined shipped certainly makes your sales appealing!

Thanks Clone Trooper, the Millennium Falcon price will be the best in Aus, coming up Friday.

Edit: Only have 1 Shuttle left.

Edited by shopforme

Some reports from Fremantle today.

MYER had nothing new at all on the shelves.

Target had the hillside house, lighthouse and some Star Wars.

Plenty of stock at Toyworld though including one remaining fire brigade for $199 plus plenty of Kingdoms and Winter sets. (no way are the 2 winter sets good value at those prices though)

As for the Tower Bridge, MYER putting its regular price at $20 ABOVE RRP is a rip-off.

Its bad enough our RRPs are so high but then to have a store price it even HIGHER...

I'm a little confused about the recent news, hoping someone could clarify something for me.

Are we expecting new stock of the Imperial Flagship at Myers?

And will it be on sale for the mid-year sale?

I'm a little confused about the recent news, hoping someone could clarify something for me.

Are we expecting new stock of the Imperial Flagship at Myers?

And will it be on sale for the mid-year sale?

That's what were saying !!!!

Yes, it will be on sale for a second year

As for the Tower Bridge, MYER putting its regular price at $20 ABOVE RRP is a rip-off.

Its bad enough our RRPs are so high but then to have a store price it even HIGHER...

Agreed. Myer seems to be transitioning to a perpetually-on-sale model (as this thread regularly reports, they're the most frequent sale holder) so it looks like they may be starting to put the price up so that a 20% discount brings it down without eating too much into their margin. It'll be $319 during the sale, instead of around $304 which it would've been if they'd priced it at the RRP of $379.99.

That said, Tower Bridge is a little "special". It's an exclusive, it's heavy (+5 Kg), and it won't sell in huge numbers - probably the same people will buy it that bought the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal, and the price is much the same as those were.

Judging by the Bricklink price on those, if you'd bought a few sets to put under the bed for a few years, you wouldn't care too much about the couple of extra dollars at sale time!

Agreed. Myer seems to be transitioning to a perpetually-on-sale model (as this thread regularly reports, they're the most frequent sale holder) so it looks like they may be starting to put the price up so that a 20% discount brings it down without eating too much into their margin. It'll be $319 during the sale, instead of around $304 which it would've been if they'd priced it at the RRP of $379.99.

That said, Tower Bridge is a little "special". It's an exclusive, it's heavy (+5 Kg), and it won't sell in huge numbers - probably the same people will buy it that bought the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal, and the price is much the same as those were.

Judging by the Bricklink price on those, if you'd bought a few sets to put under the bed for a few years, you wouldn't care too much about the couple of extra dollars at sale time!

Dotmike,

Your right about the comment that who ever purchased the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal will be buying this set also, but in

saying that, I do remember both those sets hanging around at Myer for a while after the big sale........

The bigger sets are obviously harder to move and usually sell to the dedicated collector.

Like Fitzgerald's/Harris Scarfe were. Sale every other week (that brought the price down to what everyone else was selling it at) then a couple of times a year they'd have a big (proper) sale. Highlight of my childhood: when they hosted the Lego World Show and sold all their Lego at 30-50% off... :moar:

Edited by Artanis I

Has the Grand Emporium been sold in any stores in Australia in the past?

Has the Grand Emporium been sold in any stores in Australia in the past?

It's in many larger David Jones right now, and at 20% off if you get it before their sale ends.

Don't bother looking for a Grand Emporium if you are in WA, there are none left. (one of the downsides to having only 2 DJs in the state that sell LEGO)

Myers at Warringah Mall (Sydney) had about 10 of the Tower Bridge sets out today. I am hoping they break out a buy 2, get 3rd free sale whilst they have stock!

I have noticed that there is a huge amount of Cars 2 stock on the shelves, I will wait until it is heavily marked down on clearance before I touch it.

I have noticed that there is a huge amount of Cars 2 stock on the shelves, I will wait until it is heavily marked down on clearance before I touch it.

LEGO have gone all out with Cars 2 with up to 14 LEGO sets plus up to another 10 DUPLO sets all essentially released at once. It's no surprise that shelves are looking mighty full at the moment! The movie is not out for another week, and no doubt that will spark more interest.

Toys R Us and Myer at Pacific Fair have the MFalcon in stock... $249

Also Myer have the Sort and Store heads in stock for $49.

Edited by lostdriveway

Is anyone doing any importing via another shipping company? There used to be a few people used, where you could send sets to and they would ship it forward? For the life of me I cannot remember who they are, but there are some interesting sales popping up in the US

I use shipito, they are great for consolidating multiple packages into one and they will also debox sets and pack them into smaller boxes on request. Their main warehouse is in CA though so you have to pay sales tax on purchases sent to them.

I also use HopShopGo sometimes but only when they have a deal going waiving the expensive first kilogram charge they have. They will not debox sets or consolidate several packages into one package but they are located in Oregon which means no sales tax.

I use shipito, they are great for consolidating multiple packages into one and they will also debox sets and pack them into smaller boxes on request. Their main warehouse is in CA though so you have to pay sales tax on purchases sent to them.

I also use HopShopGo sometimes but only when they have a deal going waiving the expensive first kilogram charge they have. They will not debox sets or consolidate several packages into one package but they are located in Oregon which means no sales tax.

Thanks for that. The main reason I am considering it, is because Toys R Us has a Buy 1 get 2nd 50% off with their Lego.

Can you tell me a bit more about it?

EDIT: Actually not much point. After looking last night, the site has been pillaged, with alot of stock now only able to be purchased in store :(

Edited by TheDarkness

that X-wing set currently at Toys'R'Us has been on the market since 2006. That means that particular set has a 5 year and still counting life span !!

Anyone else notice big w are now taping up their new star wars sets, the box its taped all round with BIG W tape that's hard to get off. Hopefully others don't follow their lead as I' having enough trouble removing the myer magnetic stickers from the box.

I'm a bit fussy with my boxes :tongue:

Myer (Adelaide store) had heaps of new stock in. The whole new Star Wars range, lots of Imperial Flagships, the large exclusive Technic set, heaps of PotC (oh wait that was old stock that hasn't moved). However I couldn't find the Tower Bridge, so either I missed seeing this giant set, they didn't get any in, they've sold what they've got, or some people have begged them to put them on hold until the sale starts.

Also for those looking to import some sets, I investigated the options Ang911 mentioned a little, and both those shipping businesses look like good options, especially for big sets. Means we can shop at Amazon or USA shop at home.

Edited by hewman

Anyone else notice big w are now taping up their new star wars sets, the box its taped all round with BIG W tape that's hard to get off.

I've seen that and I've also seen the reason why: a couple of times over the last month there have been ripped open boxes near the shelves, sometimes patched back up with a store "clearance" sticker marking down the price, other times looking newly violated.

Big W is also the main place I've seen collectable minifig packets ripped open. Hopefully the security cameras caught these idiots, and I can understand why they're protecting their larger stock.

having enough trouble removing the myer magnetic stickers from the box.

Have you tried aiming a hairdryer close to the sticker for about 20 seconds, then peeling it off?

It's on old trick for getting off aggressive adhesive: the heat is hot enough to melt the glue but not hot enough to set fire to the cardboard (which, as all us Ray Bradbury readers know, happens at Fahrenheit 451).

I'm a bit fussy with my boxes :tongue:

Me too: I never use the thumb push areas, instead I slide a thin sharp knife inside the folds at both ends, and gently pry the ends apart. I then collapse the box and store it flat. The box could be reconstituted in a few years and look almost new.

Virtually all my larger set boxes are as pristine as an open box can be - there's a scale for box condition on Bricklink somewhere.

Now going back into hibernation until the sales start!

Have you tried aiming a hairdryer close to the sticker for about 20 seconds, then peeling it off?

It's on old trick for getting off aggressive adhesive: the heat is hot enough to melt the glue but not hot enough to set fire to the cardboard (which, as all us Ray Bradbury readers know, happens at Fahrenheit 451).

Thanks for the great tip, Its not every day you learn something new. :thumbup:

I'm guess the excavator with PF and or the supercar.... same as myer pacific fair

That's the one, massive yellow bulldozer PF set.