Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

So in the Lego Club catalogue they confirm Myer is getting the Tower Bridge, Kmart is getting the revamped Shuttle Expedition in July and Target are getting HP Diagon Alley.

Thanks for the info, Ang. It looks like it was a smart move by you buying Diagon Alley for around $200 as I can't see it being better than 20% off ($216) at Target, plus it might be hard to find as they don't tend to get as much stock in as Myer. It's great news for those after the Tower Bridge though.

Good to know that Target is getting the Diagon Alley as that set is on my wishlist and ordering it from overseas isn't really an option for me.

Im so disappointed in Myers up and coming midyear Lego toy sale, that here it is folks (I haven't written all the sets

in the catalogue as I wasn't interested in the other sets)

News from Myers Catalogue is:

Tower Bridge - $319

SW Ewok Attack - $39.95

SW Frigate - $159

PoTC QAR - $149

Not a sale in my opinion, midas well wait for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

The only good news is that Myer is getting the Sort and Stack Lego Heads - Sale price of $29.95 (after sale $49.95)

Im so disappointed in Myers up and coming midyear Lego toy sale, that here it is folks (I haven't written all the sets

News from Myers Catalogue is:

Tower Bridge - $319

SW Ewok Attack - $39.95

SW Frigate - $159

PoTC QAR - $149

Not a sale in my opinion, midas well wait for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

The only good news is that Myer is getting the Sort and Stack Lego Heads - Sale price of $29.95 (after sale $49.95)

Thanks for that (disappointing) news. That discount on the Tower Bridge is only just over 15%, nothing like the discount on the Imperial Flagship last year.

So they didn't have any of the new themes like Alien Conquest?

Where did you see the catalogue?

$319 for the Tower Bridge is not too bad though because it is a heavy set to import. I got mine from Bricklink for $280 delivered but the seller later told me he misquoted the postage by $40 so if he had charged me the correct amount it would have been the same price.

FYI if it hasn't already been mentioned you will be able to preview the Kmart Toy sale catalogue online June 23rd, and the sale runs 30th June - 13th July (all 84 pages worth!).

Edited by ang911

Where did you see the catalogue?

Hey sideshow77,

The catalogue is from a contact at a Myer store, stores already have the catalogues so they can get ready for the sale.

I forgot to mention that Myer yet again has the Imperial Flagship (Pirate ship) and Cargo Train on sale this year, can't remember the

prices but they're the same one's from last years midyear toy sale.

Have there been any indication as to when Pet Shop will be arriving at all?

I'm tossed up between bricklinking it or waiting until it hits Myer/DJs

Have there been any indication as to when Pet Shop will be arriving at all?

I'm tossed up between bricklinking it or waiting until it hits Myer/DJs

Well the US rule on S@H exclusives is 6 months before they can be sold through other retailers, and generally the modular houses show up before Christmas at DJ's.

Does anyone know when the new HP sets will hit Aust stores.

4865 Forbidden Forest, 4866 The Knight Bus & 4867 Hogwarts will be released next month along with re-stocks of 4737 Quiddich Match, 4841 Hogwarts Express and 4842 Hogwarts Castle. All other HP releases this year are now discontinued (Hagrids Hut & The Burrow)

Hey sideshow77,

The catalogue is from a contact at a Myer store, stores already have the catalogues so they can get ready for the sale.

I forgot to mention that Myer yet again has the Imperial Flagship (Pirate ship) and Cargo Train on sale this year, can't remember the

prices but they're the same one's from last years midyear toy sale.

Imperial Flagship.. more stock coming into Myer of this then? Haven't seen it around anywhere lately. Will be happy if I can snag one from the Myer sale.

Well the US rule on S@H exclusives is 6 months before they can be sold through other retailers, and generally the modular houses show up before Christmas at DJ's.

Thanks for the heads up I guess I should just import it since after shipping fees are totaled it's still about the same as a 20% off sale at Myer or DJs without the long wait!

Toyworld catalogue just came up five minutes ago on their web site, Winter Toy Shop 109 and Winter Bakery 94.99 plus 30 bucks off 7938 train and 7498 police station.

Kingdom's sets same price as S@H.

Though not all the Toyworld's are doing the sale, so check the web site for stores involved in this promo.

Keep on shopping ! :grin:

Edit: just ignore anything I may have said about the MF being a target exclusive. Is there a shame icon?

Edited by hewman

My profound apologies (ok my small apology) if this has been mentioned before. I know there was talk of the Millennium Falcon being a target exclusive but I'm not sure it has been confirmed. Anyway, it's listed in the latest Aus catalogue with a green star (meaning it is a store exclusive), so it looks like Target is the only place to get one and the best price you'll most likely get is $199. I imagine Target paid a fair bit to get such an iconic ship as an exclusive.

The Falcon is not a target exclusive. We are having a Blitz on them this week, they will be under $199.

The Falcon is not a target exclusive.

Strange, I'm sure I saw the star next to it. Unless I was looking in poor lighting and it's actually a NZ exclusive or there's a catalogue mistake which does happen. I guess if Myer are getting them, there's a good chance of them being available next week for possibly $180 for Myer members.

The Falcon is not a target exclusive. We are having a Blitz on them this week, they will be under $199.

Hey Shopforme

Some great prices being offered on your website which is making me think twice about ordering the Lego sets from overseas anymore.

I look forward to seeing the MF sale price coming up, although I am slightly disappointed the Imperial Shuttle is only 20% off now ;-)

But combined shipped certainly makes your sales appealing!

Hello ya'll,

Just had the pleasure of talk to the QLD State LEGO Supervisor who was at Myer Pacific Fair setting up some new stock....

Here's what I could get from her - from the questions I remembered to ask - sorry if it has been covered before.

The new Kingdoms sets are at Toyworld and are exclusive for 2 months.

The Black Pearl will be released in November as a limited run to a few stores - don't expect to see it a KMart or BigW for example

The new Red Cargo Train will be released later this year - no exact date yet. Also she didn't know much more then I did - thought it would come the same as the current Cargo train with PF and Track, and would be the same price - but again, she wasn't 100% sure.

She also hasn't seen a release date yet for the modular Pet Shop so she expects either late this year or early next year.

Pharoh's Quest is a BigW exclusive

Emerald Night is done and done.

For the set-up she is doing at Myer - she had just put out the Tower Bridge ($399) and Imperial Flagship ($279) - as well as the Technic Excavator ($349), Creator Light House and Creator Hillside House.

She also was putting out some of the LEGO switch tracks for the train sets as well ($24.95)

I'll let you all know if I remember anything else!

myer.jpg

Edited by lostdriveway

Strange, I'm sure I saw the star next to it. Unless I was looking in poor lighting and it's actually a NZ exclusive or there's a catalogue mistake which does happen. I guess if Myer are getting them, there's a good chance of them being available next week for possibly $180 for Myer members.

I've picked up and held a Millennium Falcon at BigW. It was about $230 though, so my wife made me put it back down again. :sad:

It's the last of the really iconic Star Wars models I'd need to complete the set (I've got an X-Wing, TIE Fighter, AT-AT), so I'll probably end up getting one eventually.

I've picked up and held a Millennium Falcon at BigW. It was about $230 though, so my wife made me put it back down again. :sad:

It's the last of the really iconic Star Wars models I'd need to complete the set (I've got an X-Wing, TIE Fighter, AT-AT), so I'll probably end up getting one eventually.

Well that's pretty definitive. I might just delete my post above and hide in the corner for a while!

Lostdriveway, thanks for the great info. I guess Myer have marked up the Tower Bridge so they can claim to take 20% off. It's still very tempting, it'd be like having your own Legoland display in your home.

Target catalogue has a couple of the Cars2 sets listed as "Save $20" but the price is still the same as RRP, missprint or ripoff?

8486 Mack's Team Truck on Lasoo and here on S@H.

Well that's pretty definitive. I might just delete my post above and hide in the corner for a while!

I can confirm my local BigW (WA) had a dozen or more Falcons as of Monday. Waiting to see if the price drops in their upcoming toy sale.

Edited by craym0nk

Lostdriveway, thanks for the great info. I guess Myer have marked up the Tower Bridge so they can claim to take 20% off. It's still very tempting, it'd be like having your own Legoland display in your home.

No need to hide! :classic:

I don't really keep up with what's available and where - I just figured I had a bit of factual information to add to the conversation! This thread would be a lot less fun if people held back on posting anything until it had been 100% scientifically proven and verified... a big part of the fun has been the rumoured bargains - especially when they turn out to be accurate :tongue: .

Is anyone doing any importing via another shipping company? There used to be a few people used, where you could send sets to and they would ship it forward? For the life of me I cannot remember who they are, but there are some interesting sales popping up in the US

June releases are now in stock at Outer Rim Trading Co. including latest release Star Wars and Creator sets 20% under RRP. Here are the breakdowns:

Star Wars

7956 Ewok Attack $39.99

7957 Sith Nightspeeder $39.99

7959 Geonesian Starfighter $47.99

7961 Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator $99.99

7962 Anakin and Sebulas Podracer $119.99

7964 Republic Frigate $159.99

7965 Millennium Falcon $199.99

Creator

5770 Lighthouse Island $55.99

5771 Hillside House $79.99

5767 Cool Cruiser has unfortunately been delayed until October.

DUPLO

5695 Doctors Clinic $84.99

5696 Car Wash $35.99

5793 Nurse's Car $14.99

5794 Emergency Helicopter $27.99

Also in stock are the delayed Cars sets: 8638 Spy Jet Escape $74.99 and 8639 Big Bentley Bust Out $109.99, and in DUPLO: 5817 Agent Mater $20.99 and 5818 Luigi's Italian Place $29.99.

We're also now stocking 7895 Switch Tracks $19.99, 8293 Power Functions Motor Set $39.99 and Mindstorms NXT 2.0 $379.99

Flat rate shipping for all orders and free regular shipping for all orders over $100.

http://www.ORTCo.com.au