Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

The code gets emailed within 24 hours, but a month or so ago they blocked it from use on Lego and as far as I know that hasn't changed :(

Hmm, OK, thanks for the info. This was a few weeks back and I didn't get a code. Lego items were listed as qualifying at the time but if that's no more then no loss.

I wonder if I missed the code because of my marketing email preferences, they were emailing me irrelevant stuff every other day and I got tired of it.

Oh well. I just tallied up the ABS percentage on my credit card statement so its probably a good thing I didn't buy any more anyway. -doh-

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Interesting. I hadn't thought of doing that before.

The prices are much worse than I'd thought they were going to be. Actually, the inflation is about as bad as with Star Wars sets recently.

Looks like I'm going to have to cut a lot of my Pirates budget, particularly because I want almost all of the new Star Wars sets. :sceptic:

By the way, is there any news on Mace Windu's Starfighter?

By the way, is there any news on Mace Windu's Starfighter?

Possibly a Big W exclusive for mid-year sales, like Luke's Landspeeder.

Edited by Brickus

When do those collector minifigure thingys come out, I want to get my mum one of those beef eaters.

Edited by DarthSion

When do those collector minifigure thingys come out, I want to get my mum one of those beef eaters.

beef eaters?

If you're referring to the Royal Guard (with the Busby - different from a Beefeater) They're in Series 5. Series 4 has only been out a couple of weeks, Series 5 is due in August. They'll have teal packs.

250px-Grenadiergaurd.png

Edited by Cadder

If that's the case, then S@H's Aussie prices should be a lot cheaper than the shops. They're not. In fact, in a lot of cases, they're more expensive.

AND they double-dip by charging a fortune for freight.

No the S@H prices are the same as RRP negotiated in each region with the retailers, though some retailers discount and sell below RRP. Retailers won't stock LEGO if they know TLG will try to undercut them on S@H. I agree about the double dipping on freight prices though, TLG could absorb them given they are getting the full retail price.

PS: I still want a big Lego head.

Haven't seen them in Canberra, anyone spotted them in Sydney?

Not so long ago I saw a couple of them at Kmart Bateman's Bay - maybe a little closer to you?

cheers

chrism

If you're referring to the Royal Guard (with the Busby - different from a Beefeater) They're in Series 5. Series 4 has only been out a couple of weeks, Series 5 is due in August. They'll have teal packs.

250px-Grenadiergaurd.png

Yeah them pommy guards I think my mum being a pom will get a kick out of it, thanks for the info.

Not so long ago I saw a couple of them at Kmart Bateman's Bay - maybe a little closer to you?

cheers

chrism

Thanks for the tip.

Haven't been there since I moved to Canberra, maybe it's time for a day trip.

Hi,

just following up the POTC pricing from previous, www.mrtoys-games.com.au have all the sets listed - looks like RRP, same cost as per toysrus -they are listed as being available from 15/5, but previous dates have been much earlier than online

Also note, they have the CARS 2 sets listed as being avail 15/5 - too many there to list them all

I think that link is a bit out of date, says Oct 15-17 2010!

Fixed! lol my bad...

Big score today at Myer Robina with their extra 10% off toys..

#10197 Fire Brigade mark down to $220 then a further 50% off because they are on clearance and then an extra 10% off on top of that.... $98 roughly.... I bought all 3!

Big score today at Myer Robina with their extra 10% off toys..

#10197 Fire Brigade mark down to $220 then a further 50% off because they are on clearance and then an extra 10% off on top of that.... $98 roughly.... I bought all 3!

WOW well done that is brilliant!! If anyone sees this deal in SA PLEASE let me know!! I only want 1!

Or lostdriveway I will buy one from you for $150 :P

Edited by ang911

Myer tomorrow (Saturday) has a "3rd toy free when you buy 2 toys" sale. PDF

Assuming you wanted three $100 items, that means you could pay $200 for $300 worth of stuff, which is effectively a 33.3% discount.

Now if only the Maersk Train, Queen Anne's Revenge, Scorpion Pyramid, or any of the POTC and other high priced lines were actually out in Myer / Australia.

That's awesome, lostdriveway.

Great pick up.

Not so great for anyone who was also after one. Why do people feel they have to hoard sale items?

Not so great for anyone who was also after one. Why do people feel they have to hoard sale items?

Hey, im certainly up for sharing and offering sets to other members, but the way I look at it for sale items is: first in, first served!

Why would anyone leave a Lego bargain in any store?

I'd be buying up all sale items also, because it's either me buy up now, or let the next guy that comes along to buy them and put them on E-Bay.

Personally, I'd rather it be me which gets a bargain for a change!

'Keep on finding those bargains'

I like to grab a bargain. I would grab a couple if finace allowes.

I understand grabbing 3.

Good job. Really wish I had of gone there on Wednesday now. I was at pacific fair and didn't check there either so hope I didn't miss anything.

Catch of the Day have the 8088 Star Wars ARC Fighter for $69.95 for anyone interested

WTF? I checked CoTD yesterday, too. I didn't see any Lego then, nor can I see it now. I almost missed the Slave I/Atlantis ones too because they never showed up - I only found them from the link someone posted on here...

For the sake of the terminally thick, (ie, me) is there some part of the CoTD site I should be looking for Lego?

All I saw was the April Catchathon :look:

Edited by Cadder

WTF? I checked CoTD yesterday, too. I didn't see any Lego then, nor can I see it now. I almost missed the Slave I/Atlantis ones too because they never showed up - I only found them from the link someone posted on here...

For the sake of the terminally thick, (ie, me) is there some part of the CoTD site I should be looking for Lego?

All I saw was the April Catchathon :look:

EDIT: Found it, it was added via Facebook. Not that I can find it now on the COTD site now. On their facebook there is an addition where it says lego was added to their Catchathon, so I must have clicked on that.

Looking over that lot though and some of that stuff wasn't listed when I was looking either, otherwise my son's Christmas shopping would be finished already

BTW Fishpond have further dropped the Solar Sailor to $62.47

Edited by TheDarkness