Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Hey everyone I just reading the paper that today only 20% off ALL Lego at Myer.....oh goodie....might just have a look ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Our paper doesnt show LEGo at 20% off, what part of the country are you in?

I am NSw near Sydney reading the Sydney Moring Herald

Help!!!

Ahh there it is at bottom inthe middle

Edited by BrettBrick

Our paper doesnt show LEGo at 20% off, what part of the country are you in?

I am NSw near Sydney reading the Sydney Moring Herald

Help!!!

Adelaide, usually it's every state at the same time, so I suggest a phone call to your nearest Myer store to check.

It was a full page ad for Saturday Only, the Lego piece was at the bottom.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I was at Gateways, someone had opened the last box of the Venator Cruiser and pilfered the minifigs! So I asked if there were any more in back, which there was. I asked if I asked if I could get a further reduction on the open box, they said no. Oh well.

I hope that the Venator Cruiser is worth it.

Man, I was there around four. I didn't see any and i didn't even think to ask if there were any more out the back..

Hey everyone I just reading the paper that today only 20% off ALL Lego at Myer.....oh goodie....might just have a look ! :grin:

Stop with all this useful info! I'm trying to cut back on my Lego spending (in order to buy Harry Potter and the Egyptian theme next year)and you're not helping :classic: . Did you check it out, it wasn't extra off top of sales prices or anything insane was it?

Stop with all this useful info! I'm trying to cut back on my Lego spending (in order to buy Harry Potter and the Egyptian theme next year)and you're not helping :classic: . Did you check it out, it wasn't extra off top of sales prices or anything insane was it?

Yep 10% off on top of the other 20% off with a myer one card. My daughter wanted the sunshine home so got that and horse jumping for her at $115.20.

Had every thing else I saw there though so didn't get any more.

Hey Hewman,

I hate to break it to you but it was 20% off the catalogue discounted price along with 10% added ontop for MyerOne members.

To put it in perspective, Slave 1 became $85.70, Passenger Train was $121, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Those price are hard to be repeated......

There are some cracking bargains at the bricklink shop of the Toy Corner owner. Get in real quick because they'll either sell, and if they don't it won't be long until the prices are back to normal.

[...]

bargains there be here

Wow, thanks for the tip! Picked up my titanium rig and a couple other sets this morning, best purchase in a long time. And what a friendly bunch they are, two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup: Hope I don't become a BrickLink addict now...

Well I went to Myer TTP and scored GG starfighter for 72 bucks there abouts after MyerOne 10% off - lucky there was only 2 left out the back of the storeroom.

Whew, only the City House and some Harry Potter to get then I'll start saving for 2011 SW and a couple city sets ! :classic:

Been a while since I had a look in stores, has the new AT-At come out in stores yet.

Yep, TRU and the few that I have seen have all disappeared within days......I would ring your local TRU and ask if they have any.

Oh yeah, footnote - Myer TTP have sold out of Battle Of Endor (which isn't a problem for me I brought mine 15 months ago :grin: ).

Hey Hewman,

I hate to break it to you but it was 20% off the catalogue discounted price along with 10% added ontop for MyerOne members.

To put it in perspective, Slave 1 became $85.70, Passenger Train was $121, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Those price are hard to be repeated......

No its not. I just rang and they said no. In the catalogue it says that advertised prices not to be used with any other offers. So, yeah.

No its not. I just rang and they said no. In the catalogue it says that advertised prices not to be used with any other offers. So, yeah.

Yes it is..............check my MYER RECEIPT!

They are offering all deals as I called before hand to confirm and then went down and stocked up big time.

Bargains for me, can't help it your local Myer is jack.........

And Lightningtigher, I got x2 GG Starfighters for $56, not $72, so you should have got the 20% extra also!!!!!

Seems like Myer varies all over the country. My Myer had big signs, "not to be used in conjunction with any other offers". And sure enough that's what they applied when I was there.

I have noticed that the Brisbane stores are real Nazis when it comes to combining deals, they won't let you, but Adelaide seems to add them all up.

Thankfully though I had a $10 off coupon and for some reason that's what the Atlantis HQ was rung up at, so in the end got a $80 kit for $10, not a bad deal.

Well done to those who got the combined deal.

Yep, TRU and the few that I have seen have all disappeared within days......I would ring your local TRU and ask if they have any.

Oh yeah, footnote - Myer TTP have sold out of Battle Of Endor (which isn't a problem for me I brought mine 15 months ago :grin: ).

/me bangs head on desk, its a damn TRU exclusive?.

For those in WA wanting Minifigures S2, Target in Fremantle and Victoria Park both have plenty (no sealed boxes but plenty of stock). Actually bumped into another member of the local LEGO club at the Fremantle store :)

Didn't see anything else worth buying (MYER in Fremantle didnt exactly have mountains of stock and none of what they had was worth buying at the prices they wanted for it IMO).

No sign of the City House anywhere at all (one Toyworld employee said "We cant find it on our computer, the only items not yet available that we are getting in are the Harry Potter sets, it must not be comming out in Australia this year"). I suspect there are quite a few Toyworld manager types currently yelling at LEGO Australia to try and find out why the stock (which was promised weeks ago) hasn't arrived...

Neat that the Court Jester has shown up at TRU but there is no way I will be able to find one (calling up TRU and asking wont help, there is no way the usual TRU employees would be able to find such a small set even if they DO have it)

Might have to put in a Shop @ Home order to get a Jester, a Family House and maybe some other stuff like a City Advent Calendar.

Hey everyone I just reading the paper that today only 20% off ALL Lego at Myer

Probably in knee-jerk response to David Jones having 20% off "All Full-Price Lego" this week - or at least DJ's do at Robina (Gold Coast, QLD)

Target Robina also had half a dozen boxes of S2 Minifigs (3 opened and rummaged through)

Probably in knee-jerk response to David Jones having 20% off "All Full-Price Lego" this week - or at least DJ's do at Robina (Gold Coast, QLD)

Target Robina also had half a dozen boxes of S2 Minifigs (3 opened and rummaged through)

Try.......Save 30% on a range of toys from Lego - quoted from the flyer off DJ's own website - according to the flyer sale ends 24th of October. :grin:

I will have try and visit a store a.s.a.p. ! :wink:

DJs here in Perth had nothing good as of Friday at any price.

And I doubt DJs will have anything worth buying until the Grand Emporium shows up :)

Yep 10% off on top of the other 20% off with a myer one card. My daughter wanted the sunshine home so got that and horse jumping for her at $115.20.

Had every thing else I saw there though so didn't get any more.

Hi BrettBrick. The Myer 1 card; that's their loyalty card, not their credit card? I signed up for their loyalty card today and the staff used my temp card in the transaction, but I didn't get the extra 10% off my purchases. I did get 20% off the train track service packs though, so I was happy!

Picked up the passenger train from Myer today, with special and myer one card came to just over $150 bargain!!

If the cargo train ever comes down to similar dollars I will certainly snap it up. Dunno what the chances are since it's full priced stickered at $299 as opposed to $229 for the passenger train at Myer. Any suggestions why they're priced so differently? At first glance the two kits look similar, just that the design of the passenger train is kind of boring imho.

I was at Gateways, someone had opened the last box of the Venator Cruiser and pilfered the minifigs! So I asked if there were any more in back, which there was. I asked if I asked if I could get a further reduction on the open box, they said no. Oh well.

I hope that the Venator Cruiser is worth it.

Bunch of savages in this town! Not the first time that's happened to the same set in the same store, a few months back there was a Ven with massive box damage all taped up & specialed off at about $100. Pretty sure someone was after the figs. I got my complete set for $90 ages ago so not interested.

Absolutely gutted I didn't check here yesterday (Saturday) and notice that surprise Myer 20+10% sale. Certainly would have been worth a shot to try and get the stacked discounts even though I'm sure they weren't supposed to do it that way.

The cargo train is larger than the passenger train.

The passenger train has 657 parts whilst the cargo train has 822 parts.

The cargo train includes more track (a pair of points and 8 straight tracks).

Hi BrettBrick. The Myer 1 card; that's their loyalty card, not their credit card? I signed up for their loyalty card today and the staff used my temp card in the transaction, but I didn't get the extra 10% off my purchases. I did get 20% off the train track service packs though, so I was happy!

That's correct the loyalty card. It seems it makes a difference store to store and sales assistant. They manually put in the discounts. I didn't try for a already discounted item but the assistant took 20% off then took 10% off for the full priced set. I am sure had I tried a discounted set this assistant would of taken off 20% then 10% off the discounted price but I saw it said no further discounts off already reduced items so i didnt even try.

Wish I did another passenger train for around $120 would of been great. Not much there I don't already have.

Brisbane cbd target has series 2 minifigs in stock, looked to be 5-6 fresh boxes there, all opened though sadly for those looking for a whole box.

I spent what felt like 30 mins scanning barcodes looking for a set for myself, plus an extra mariachi dude cause he looks awesome. There was another afol there trying to feel his way through the packets, I told him about the barcodes online and he replied "yeah but you have to pay to get a copy of them" WTF? Who is ripping people off selling the barcodes when you can get them for free?

Brisbane cbd target has series 2 minifigs in stock, looked to be 5-6 fresh boxes there, all opened though sadly for those looking for a whole box.

I spent what felt like 30 mins scanning barcodes looking for a set for myself, plus an extra mariachi dude cause he looks awesome. There was another afol there trying to feel his way through the packets, I told him about the barcodes online and he replied "yeah but you have to pay to get a copy of them" WTF? Who is ripping people off selling the barcodes when you can get them for free?

There are unscrupulous people selling them on ebay.

In shop at home news, there are a couple prices up for sets coming out on October 1. The tower bridge is $380 (could have been much worse) and the winter village baker is $95 (overpriced in my opinion but at least it's cheaper than the winter toy shop, as it should be). No sightings of Harry Potter on the Aus shop at home site, so still awaiting confirmation of RRPs.