Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Now here's an odd one - BigW TTP had only new set, the CTT but it's at $194 - thats 35 bucks under R.R.P. !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Now here's an odd one - BigW TTP had only new set, the CTT but it's at $194 - thats 35 bucks under R.R.P. !

Thats almost cheaper than the Target SALE price :)

Thats almost cheaper than the Target SALE price :)

With my staff discount it is. Pity I don't want the ctt, cad bane's a good fig but I'll wait for his speeder.

some SP3 sets may still be on BigW shelves btw. Found 4 of the truck chases on friday, staff had previously told me they had none left in that store, and that they were not receiving any more shipments. (The line is on clearance, so any SP3 set is a real bargain at bigW atm)

G'day everyone, just a quick word......Kmart's online toy shop is listing a huge range of Hero Factory and Lego Games - they also stated 'available in store' too !

Spotted the SW CTT and Palpy's Shuttle in K-Mart Chatswood yesterday.

Popped into TRU and had a good chuckle at the Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck set marked up to $111.99 :wacko::laugh:

Went to local toyworld and put on layby passenger train and train station, while i was there I asked the lady about a previous catalogue where if you purchased a toy story set you got a promo set with the green alien

She said yeah they still had some and people were forgetting to give them out so she had a few, she then asked how many kids i have , i said 4 so she gave me 4 sets for free!!

They also have a $10 voucher if you layby more than $200 of lego in one hit, so i said she can keep the voucher if i could get some more of the promo sets, she says sure how many would you like, not wanting to sound greedy I said whatever you fell comfortable giving me, so she gave me another 4 sets!!

WOO and HOO

Went to local toyworld and put on layby passenger train and train station, while i was there I asked the lady about a previous catalogue where if you purchased a toy story set you got a promo set with the green alien

She said yeah they still had some and people were forgetting to give them out so she had a few, she then asked how many kids i have , i said 4 so she gave me 4 sets for free!!

They also have a $10 voucher if you layby more than $200 of lego in one hit, so i said she can keep the voucher if i could get some more of the promo sets, she says sure how many would you like, not wanting to sound greedy I said whatever you fell comfortable giving me, so she gave me another 4 sets!!

WOO and HOO

Very cool. Which store is that? I am also from Brisbane area.

Very cool. Which store is that? I am also from Brisbane area.

Browns Plains on the southside of Brissie

The lady was so nice too, I asked about the series2 minifigs as well and she said she would call when they come in

Browns Plains on the southside of Brissie

The lady was so nice too, I asked about the series2 minifigs as well and she said she would call when they come in

I'll keep that store in mind. I'm only about 30 mins away from there.

No its mine :)

You stay away

hehehe

haha. I usually get my sets from BigW or KMart. Toyworld & ToysRUs are too over priced for me unless they are having a sale.

Went to several Toyworld stores today.

Toyworld Whitfords is now gone

Nothing interesting in Toyworld Midland.

But Toyworld Balcatta had new stock including the Yellow LEGO Truck plus the Hero Factory sets (both the bionicle-type figures and some of the vehicle sets).

They also confirmed what others have heard regarding availability of Minifigures series 2 (at least at Toyworld) giving me a date of "September" and repeating the claim that each store will only get one box.

No sign of the Farmer or Kingdoms impulses (I am inclined to believe the reports that all 3 wont be making it to Australia) or the City house yet.

The Yellow LEGO Truck will set you back one yellow note ($50) :)

Edited by jonwil

Yep you can a dollar change back from a fifty dollar note for 3221 truck - COOL build !

Farmer and Kingdoms impulses are only available through indepedents who import !

Popped into TRU and had a good chuckle at the Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck set marked up to $111.99 :wacko::laugh:

I noticed the same thing today, and had the same reaction..... Laughter !!!

Was in Kmart today and the toy attendant started talking to me, anyway he brought out the Slave 1. It scanned at $144, he then told me Kmart had the best pricing and was the exclusive distributor for new SW kits (first 3 months). I was about to argue with him on the pricing (and exclusivity, since he was holding the CTT and I'd just bought one from Target), but decided not to bother, I told him I'd get the Slave 1 closer to Christmas (I'm sure Myer will have a $160 price point, then have a 20% off, if not more) he said I'd be lucky to get it then, as it will sell out and they probably arent getting anymore in!!! What a joker !!!

Given that I saw the Slave 1 (and others) in several retailers today (including but not limited to K-Mart) that K-Mart employee was either lying or (more likely) mis-informed by his bosses.

Maybe Kmart staff are brainwashed ! :devil:

Only joking ! :laugh:

It's interesting to note that I visited a Target yesterday.....CTT gone, smaller World Racers selling well, larger not so !

Goodness I hope some August stuff comes out on their shelves before the sale is over.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

For those willing to pay the premium, I saw the following in Kidstuff, Camperdown (Sydney)

Grievous $120

Wampa Cave $100

Yellow Truck $60

For those willing to pay the premium, I saw the following in Kidstuff, Camperdown (Sydney)

Grievous $120

Wampa Cave $100

Yellow Truck $60

WTF ?

60 bucks for the 3221 - oh dear some shops trying to turn a profit !

I say shop at Toyworld or else where !

MY GOD! iqtoys are selling the Straight and Cross road plate pack for $22.99. How appalling! The RRP is $14.99 and they are ripping everyone off by an extra 8 bucks.

Maybe they wrap them up in gold foil or something for the extra $$ ???

Maybe. I'll ask next time. But as far as I'm aware, they're the only store in Sydney that has them on the shelves.

Anyone that pays more than RRP for any current LEGO set is stupid IMO (the exception being exclusives where you have to pay what the store charges)

Hey guys,

Target Melbourne City has got Passenger Trains, Cargo Trains, Train Stations, Slave 1, General Grevious, Emperor's Shuttle, etc.

Plenty of stock - just went in then and made a purchase.

Good luck!

Sammyboy.