Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

With the free shipping I grabbed a Maersk train & the Pharaoh's pyramid. Who knows when we shall actually see either of them in Ausssyland. I'd been waiting on the Pharaoh quest stuff for ages; for my partners 21st I purchased her the complete Egyptian adventures collection many years ago.

I'm having a hard time finding any worthwhile purchases for free S@H shipping. Some of the exclusives/hard to get items I was interested in were the Architecture series. They seem very hard to find in Australia, but at $140 for Fallingwater vs $90 USD = $83 AUD from other sources (eg, B&N, Bricklink), the price difference can pay for a lot of non-free shipping.

However... if this suddenly popped up on the store in the next 20 hours, I'd place an order pronto!

5684487565_6349035fe3.jpg

Unlikely though, as it's officially to be released May 10.

For those desperate to get their hands on some of the PotC sets now, the Target prices are actually rounded down to the even dollar, or for Excel nerds, Target Price =int(RRP), so instead of $24.99 for the Captain's cabin you pay $24 (which by the way feels nicely solid in its very small box). Also I don't know if this was store specific to Adelaide but I saw little blue cards up around saying that for every $50 you spend today and tomorrow at Target you get a $5 voucher. None of the On Stranger Tides sets were present.

Has anyone that pre-ordered from B&N had the hassles start yet where they end up not honouring your pre-order? I ask because the sets have disappeared off their site, and this is like what I went through with Pharaoh's Quest. 1. They tell you there's a delay 2. They remove a set from your order (in my case the most expensive but leave rest of order open, making the whole order much worse value) 3. They don't allow you to now cancel this order because it's 'ready to ship' 4. They remove everything from your order. 5. They eventually get around to taking the charge off your credit card. 6. The sets appear on their site over the next month but they never have all sets from the theme available at once.

Target at Pacific Fair have the POTC sets plus the Duplo Cars gear - couldn't find any of the actual LEGO cars sets though

Has anyone that pre-ordered from B&N had the hassles start yet where they end up not honouring your pre-order? I ask because the sets have disappeared off their site, and this is like what I went through with Pharaoh's Quest. 1. They tell you there's a delay 2. They remove a set from your order (in my case the most expensive but leave rest of order open, making the whole order much worse value) 3. They don't allow you to now cancel this order because it's 'ready to ship' 4. They remove everything from your order. 5. They eventually get around to taking the charge off your credit card. 6. The sets appear on their site over the next month but they never have all sets from the theme available at once.

Hmm, not liking the sound of that. :sceptic: They have delayed my order of QAR, i'm crossing my fingers that they send it soon. We'll see i guess.

For Perth people, TRU Morley have a few of the POTC sets:

Fountain of Youth $39.99

Cannibal Escape $59.99

The Mill $79.99

London Escape $99.99

Despite the awesomeness of these sets I could not bring myself to pay those prices...

For Perth people, TRU Morley have a few of the POTC sets:

Fountain of Youth $39.99

Cannibal Escape $59.99

The Mill $79.99

London Escape $99.99

Despite the awesomeness of these sets I could not bring myself to pay those prices...

Blacklist those hideous prices........ hopefully no one will give them a look at those inflated prices and we’ll see huge clearance sales before Xmas.

Blacklist those hideous prices........ hopefully no one will give them a look at those inflated prices and we’ll see huge clearance sales before Xmas.

I think the boxes are down in size with these sets and you right in terms of prices being inflated. Apart from the Lego collectors I can't see mums and dads forking over this kind of money for a adult themed movie but you never know.

Has anyone that pre-ordered from B&N had the hassles start yet where they end up not honouring your pre-order?

Yep, not shipped and not completed on a QAR. No new ETA either (nor any follow up emails). Bit of a disappointment as the dollar has slipped a touch since the initial go day.

I have been told some interesting news today by one of my sources, but it's not good news....independent stores are waiting for even the paperwork let alone the stock for May releases which is Cars2 and POTC. :look:

Which means Target and some TRU's get the first of sales of POTC at those high prices ! :hmpf_bad:

On a different note I did see at least the shelf sticker for flexitrack pack at Gepps Cross TRU today.....of course as per usual NO boxes though ! :sceptic:

Damn, no Captains Cabin in Perth yet :( (the only POTC set I want)

As for independent stores, the person I spoke to at Toyworld regarding POTC basically said "its not in the catalog so we wont be getting it" (the retail catalog that is, not the wholesale dealer catalog)

Also, for future reference, if TRU doesn't have an item on the shelf, dont bother asking them for a release date or details because the TRU employees have no clue about that stuff (I think its a case of "we get whatever the warehouse puts on the truck")

Toyworld are getting POTC plus all of Cars2 sets, a store manager checked the list in front of me. :wink:

I'm going to check Castle Plaza today to comfirm Cars2 - they did tell me it would have been last Sunday those sets were going out ! :wink:

Target and TRU in Joondalup had POTC in stock.

Target had the fountain, captains cabin, mill, cannibal escape and isla de la muerta.

TRU had the London Escape.

No sign of Whitecap Bay or the QAR.

Bought the captain's cabin (only set worth buying at those prices, will wait for a sale before going for anything else such as the London Escape :)

Also spotted the new Cars Duplo in Target (but not the regular LEGO sets)

Oh, yeah.....some Cars 2 and ALL the POTC including the QAR at Hollywood Plaza Target S.A. !

Enjoy my reviews of Cars 2 everyone - first one tonight 8423 !

Brick On Race On ! :grin:

Oh, yeah.....some Cars 2 and ALL the POTC including the QAR at Hollywood Plaza Target S.A. !

Enjoy my reviews of Cars 2 everyone - first one tonight 8423 !

Brick On Race On ! :grin:

Obviously some store guy didnt read the "dont put on the shelf until x date" labels on some of that LEGO :)

Obviously some store guy didnt read the "dont put on the shelf until x date" labels on some of that LEGO :)

Ah, but Mattel told Toyworld to screw with the 15th of May, and put stuff out on the first of May. They (being Target) only had five sets of Cars 2 out - four of which I brought, three left for tomorrow to review ! :wink:

Target and TRU in Joondalup had POTC in stock.

Target had the fountain, captains cabin, mill, cannibal escape and isla de la muerta.

TRU had the London Escape.

No sign of Whitecap Bay or the QAR.

Bought the captain's cabin (only set worth buying at those prices, will wait for a sale before going for anything else such as the London Escape :)

Also spotted the new Cars Duplo in Target (but not the regular LEGO sets)

Target Melbourne has a few QAR, and whitecap now.

... and B&N have now cancelled my QAR order. Damn. :cry_sad: Last time i try a pre-order with them.

... and B&N have now cancelled my QAR order. Damn. :cry_sad: Last time i try a pre-order with them.

Yep, mine's also been cancelled...... I didn't believe the previous posts about those

that have had previous Lego pre-order sets cancelled, shame really.

I now am a believer and won't waste my time and money pre-ordering with them either.

Either they get the stock or they don't, surprising they haven't since the sets have even

landed here in Australia.

Sorry to hear that, but Target stores appearing everywhere with all the sets (well some stores anyway :blush: ). I was told of by Target.....may be a sale on these after 16th of May....fingers crossed for a 20% off sale again eh ? :grin:

Barnes and Noble (best to fully name them) have cancelled my POTC pre-order too.

Very annoying, spread the word.

Dr Rod

I think the boxes are down in size with these sets and you right in terms of prices being inflated.

Lego were starting to use smaller packaging to be more "environmental", this may be why the boxes seem "down in size". Go by weight, but you'll look dodgy carrying scales around :)

Dr Rod

Barnes and Noble (best to fully name them) have cancelled my POTC pre-order too.

Very annoying, spread the word.

Dr Rod

Lego were starting to use smaller packaging to be more "environmental", this may be why the boxes seem "down in size". Go by weight, but you'll look dodgy carrying scales around :)

Dr Rod

I had ordered 1 of every set, all cancelled too. Pipe up if anyone hasn't got a pre-order rejection...

I felt the box at TRU last night, its quite light and I realised there is a poster in everyone of them probably to bulk up the weight. Sorry Lego Australia, I will not buy these sets at RRP or 20% off or 33% off, it is daylight robbery and at least with this AFOL /closing his wallet

I will not buy these sets at RRP or 20% off or 33% off, it is daylight robbery and at least with this AFOL /closing his wallet

Im with you on that one!

Sorry to hear that, but Target stores appearing everywhere with all the sets (well some stores anyway :blush: ). I was told of by Target.....may be a sale on these after 16th of May....fingers crossed for a 20% off sale again eh ? :grin:

It'll have to be better than 20% for me to bite i'm afraid - the prices are just too steep. :hmpf_bad: I'll be waiting for B&N to get stock in.