Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

So has anyone received their Mindstorms Set from B&N with the 30% discount? I still can't get a straight answer from their customer service, nor have I received a refund.

In my experience Myer One members can get the extra 10% off all Lego items, not just the ones in the catalog - at least I managed to get it earlier this year off the Battle of Endor during a similar sale.

Actually all Lego is in the catalogue by virtue of the "20% off all Lego" statement, so the extra 10% will apply.

Actually all Lego is in the catalogue by virtue of the "20% off all Lego" statement, so the extra 10% will apply.

Yes this is how it has worked previously, 20% off cataloge is good enough to earn the extra 10% off too.

So has anyone received their Mindstorms Set from B&N with the 30% discount? I still can't get a straight answer from their customer service, nor have I received a refund.

Mine still has not arrived, they told me it should be here by the 15th, but to wait an extra working days.

I haven't had a refund either, but will wait until the 30th before I contact them.

Fingers crossed.

Mine still has not arrived, they told me it should be here by the 15th, but to wait an extra working days.

I haven't had a refund either, but will wait until the 30th before I contact them.

Fingers crossed.

You have more patience than me. Mine was supposed to arrive in the country no later than today, going through customs and getting posted via Australia post shouldn't take any more than 4 - 5 days, less in my opinion.

I contacted their customer service on Saturday, they had to get their warehouse to check it didn't come back & would email within 48 Business hours. Thats rediculous! Anyway, that should have been by now & still no answer.

I should add that other items ordered from overseas obviously have to go through customs & I can often have them here within a week, no more than 2, so Customs doesn't hold things up long.

Edited by Notorious Guf

You have more patience than me. Mine was supposed to arrive in the country no later than today, going through customs and getting posted via Australia post shouldn't take any more than 4 - 5 days, less in my opinion.

I contacted their customer service on Saturday, they had to get their warehouse to check it didn't come back & would email within 48 Business hours. Thats rediculous! Anyway, that should have been by now & still no answer.

I should add that other items ordered from overseas obviously have to go through customs & I can often have them here within a week, no more than 2, so Customs doesn't hold things up long.

4 weeks to the day for my first order to come in on the very basic level of shipping. My second (which is my Mindstorms set) I upgraded the shipping to the next level and still haven't seen it, though some posters here have said that there is no real difference in their times between the two. I had three orders arrive today

B&N - States - 4 weeks after shipping

Bricklink - States - 3 days to Australian customs, 8 further to me

Bricklink - Korea - 3 days from shipping to my door, express

4 weeks to the day for my first order to come in on the very basic level of shipping. My second (which is my Mindstorms set) I upgraded the shipping to the next level and still haven't seen it, though some posters here have said that there is no real difference in their times between the two. I had three orders arrive today

B&N - States - 4 weeks after shipping

Bricklink - States - 3 days to Australian customs, 8 further to me

Bricklink - Korea - 3 days from shipping to my door, express

Wow, I have never had anything held up that long. How do you know when it arrives at Customs, or how long it has been there?

What date did your Mindstorms set get sent from B&N?

Wow, I have never had anything held up that long. How do you know when it arrives at Customs, or how long it has been there?

What date did your Mindstorms set get sent from B&N?

I only knew how long it has been due to getting parcel tracking when I paid for shipping and checking the updates.

My Mindstorms set shipped 23 days ago, so maybe in the next few days or early next week. Really dreading seeing a smashed up box :(

The shuttle looks interesting but other than that, everything else at the K-Mart sale is pretty ordinary.

Pitty there is no sign of any Alien Conquest at the sales, that's the theme I am most waiting for :(

"Official" launch date of Alien Conquest is September, but no doubt someone would have scored themselves an early exclusive somewhere...

Out of interest, to those that bought the Mindstorms from B&N how much was it in AUS$ after discounts before shipping?

Out of interest, to those that bought the Mindstorms from B&N how much was it in AUS$ after discounts before shipping?

About $190 I believe

Just put my Lego Shuttle Expedition on layby at KMart online for $129.

All I have to do is drop into a store in the next 3 weeks and confirm it by putting down a deposit.

Such a great service.

I don't have a Kmart near me but really wanted the shuttle so this online system takes the stress out of it all.

Does anyone know if Target does this as well?

Would love to put a hold on a Diagon Alley if I could.

Cheers

Inger

Just put my Lego Shuttle Expedition on layby at KMart online for $129.

All I have to do is drop into a store in the next 3 weeks and confirm it by putting down a deposit.

Such a great service.

I don't have a Kmart near me but really wanted the shuttle so this online system takes the stress out of it all.

Does anyone know if Target does this as well?

Would love to put a hold on a Diagon Alley if I could.

Cheers

Inger

Is the advertised K-Mart Lego Shuttle the new one or the old one?

Is the advertised K-Mart Lego Shuttle the new one or the old one?

I just saw the boxes on a pallet and it is the.......NEW one ! :classic:

I'm assuming that's a good thing...

:look:

Anyway I wanted the shuttle regardless...

I am such a sap/geek when it comes to space flight stuff

Gonna be up at 2am or whatever it is on 8th July/9th July (have to sort that out before the time comes!) to watch the last shuttle launch on Nasa TV

Gonna get all teary :cry_happy:

Cheers

Inger

I'm assuming that's a good thing...

:look:

Anyway I wanted the shuttle regardless...

I am such a sap/geek when it comes to space flight stuff

Gonna be up at 2am or whatever it is on 8th July/9th July (have to sort that out before the time comes!) to watch the last shuttle launch on Nasa TV

Gonna get all teary :cry_happy:

Cheers

Inger

Yep, Geek :-)

The old one has been discontinued because it fell apart in some instances and there is now a Service Pack I believe to fix it. Lego have also changed it slightly to drop the build age because there is a lot of interest.

Mine (original) is still solid probably due to lack of swooshing :)

Success!

Grabbed the Imperial Flagship from Myers Cannignton for $197.

There are two more in stock; some slight shelf ware.

I was there bright and early at 8.00am and I think I saw another adult Lego fan scoot in and grab something large, not sure what it was though, perhaps the bridge set?

Good luck!

EDIT:

Don't forget your free Lego CLub ($20 value) membership!

They are also giving away free carry bags.

Edited by JasonV

In regards to my own question about whether Target will have the same pre-layby system as KMart, the answer is apparently yes.

They just sent me an email to say I can pre-order as of next Wednesday 29th June.

Same sort of system : pre-order online and then complete the layby process in store.

Diagon Alley here I come!

yay!

Edited by greenpaw

Well, Myer Miranda continues its reputation as one of the worst sources of LEGO: I popped in around 9:30 am and saw... no Imperial Flagships, no Tower Bridges, no Millennium Falcons, and at the register, no free membership vouchers.

Plenty of tables and racks stocked with all the humdrum stuff, boxes of bricks, etc, but it looks like the above hadn't arrived for the sale. Maybe later?

Oh well. Too sick to go anywhere else today so it may have made my mind up for the stuff I was ambivalent about.

Wishing everyone better luck at better Myers!

Well, Myer Miranda continues its reputation as one of the worst sources of LEGO: I popped in around 9:30 am and saw... no Imperial Flagships, no Tower Bridges, no Millennium Falcons, and at the register, no free membership vouchers.

Plenty of tables and racks stocked with all the humdrum stuff, boxes of bricks, etc, but it looks like the above hadn't arrived for the sale. Maybe later?

Oh well. Too sick to go anywhere else today so it may have made my mind up for the stuff I was ambivalent about.

Wishing everyone better luck at better Myers!

Anybody wanting Tower Bridges, Myer at Warringah mall (Sydney) has about 10 left still , and 3 Imperial Flagships!!

Matt

Some surprisingly good deals in the TRU catalog.

20% off LEGO CARS sets (including the TRU exclusive Tokyo Circuit set)

20% off LEGO Atlantis sets

20% off the City Public Transport (assuming any store anywhere in the country still has stock)

$10 off the TRU truck (still overpriced for what it is though :( )

Plus that half price deal on the World Racers power boat set is probably worth it for parts alone :)

Also, buy 2 get one free on Minifigures.

Got the sets I wanted at my local myer and the woman at the counter asked if i had a myer one card and when i replied 'no' she said 'you do now' and gave me the discount. Score!

Edited by Pennas2000