andromeda_girl

question for the community re bricklink

hey everyone, i am new here. been a lego fan since i was a child and trying to re-acquire all my lego i used to have that is long gone :(

i have been slowly planning wishlists on bricklink to get a number of my favourite sets i remember having, and i have other newer sets as well i want to get that are retired.

but after making my first wishlist; i spotted a strange thing--

i was trying to place an order using easy buy on bricklink when i suddenly spotted that the total per seller didn't add up right.

i was being overcharged by over £24, which is a significant figure. for some reason the total was being padded across some of the different shops.

am i missing something or are these sellers trying to get away with some dodgy buisiness?

i have somewhere around £130 of bricks in mind to get so i can build a big piece and if this takes place on that order i want to make, i can expect that possible cheating to escalate to a pretty high figure.

anybody ever see this before? what's going on?

thanks for any helpful comments.

BAD_MATH.PNG

These extra charges are only on your international orders. Check each one individually. Could be money exchange rates. I know it costs me more money to pay for Lego using Paypal here in the states. I stopped using Paypal. Sometimes the money itself has added fees. If there is a third party handling the money, they will get their cut.

13 hours ago, andromeda_girl said:

hey everyone, i am new here. been a lego fan since i was a child and trying to re-acquire all my lego i used to have that is long gone :(

i have been slowly planning wishlists on bricklink to get a number of my favourite sets i remember having, and i have other newer sets as well i want to get that are retired.

but after making my first wishlist; i spotted a strange thing--

i was trying to place an order using easy buy on bricklink when i suddenly spotted that the total per seller didn't add up right.

i was being overcharged by over £24, which is a significant figure. for some reason the total was being padded across some of the different shops.

am i missing something or are these sellers trying to get away with some dodgy buisiness?

i have somewhere around £130 of bricks in mind to get so i can build a big piece and if this takes place on that order i want to make, i can expect that possible cheating to escalate to a pretty high figure.

anybody ever see this before? what's going on?

thanks for any helpful comments.

Brexit absolutely wrecked any hope we in the UK have for reasonably priced goods from the EU. The tax is through the roof and will not get lower for the foreseeable future. I would honestly say, you have to stick to UK sellers, or try and get friends in the EU who can order and get it to you some way else.