Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Bonus Build Event

From time to time we'll have bonus events where you can earn extra prizes. We'll announce them here so keep an eye on this topic!

To begin, for the month of Sept you can earn double XP for building a Postcard/Travel Flyer style MOC.

640x514.JPG

Rules: Build a poster shot from a travel destination. If you can use photo editing software to make it look like a post card or travel brochure great! If not, try to use bricks to get that effect. If you can't do either then write up a description that would fit a travel brochure convincing people to come visit.

Dates: Sept 5 - Sept 30. As long as it is Sept 30 somewhere in the world you can still enter to get double XP.

All normal rules apply.

EDIT: You may enter up to 3 MOCs for this bonus build event.

Okay great! Have already some ideas for editing, but need a moc first. I am so slow, i need weeks to think about it before i can start building :laugh:

16 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Okay great! Have already some ideas for editing, but need a moc first. I am so slow, i need weeks to think about it before i can start building :laugh:

As long as you build faster than we judge you'll be good to go :wink:

1 minute ago, Professor Thaum said:

this post card must depict an accessible planet for the team or it is free ?

You'll need to build on a planet accessible to your team to earn the XP.

Just added a rule that clarifies how many entries you're allowed for this month. (3)

On 9/6/2022 at 2:53 PM, MKJoshA said:

As long as you build faster than we judge you'll be good to go :wink:

Then i will be save since i am waiting for jugdement for the other moc for 3 months now :tongue::laugh:

I now know what i want to build for the contest. It is always hard to find a suitable planet, so i will stick to Nar Kreeta.

Btw, is it generally possible to build on a planet my faction has no access to for 0 XP?

On 9/10/2022 at 5:29 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Then i will be save since i am waiting for jugdement for the other moc for 3 months now :tongue::laugh:

I now know what i want to build for the contest. It is always hard to find a suitable planet, so i will stick to Nar Kreeta.

Btw, is it generally possible to build on a planet my faction has no access to for 0 XP?

You can certainly build on a different planet and get 0XP for it. Out of curiosity, do you want to build somewhere else for story purposes or because you really want to build on a specific planet?

17 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

You can certainly build on a different planet and get 0XP for it. Out of curiosity, do you want to build somewhere else for story purposes or because you really want to build on a specific planet?

I was looking for a suitable planet my faction has access to, using the galaxy map and wookieepedia. Maybe i have overlooked something but i found only one, Ajan Kloss. But i don't have the parts to build on a forest moon, so i thought i build on Tatooine or an other desert planet for 0 XP.

Since Nar Kreeta is also a arid planet with mountains, canyons and deserts, i will stick to this planet and continue with my story. I want to lay emphasis on the editing anyway, since i already have some ideas. Although i am not sure if i i am good enough to do it in Photoshop.

9 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I was looking for a suitable planet my faction has access to, using the galaxy map and wookieepedia. Maybe i have overlooked something but i found only one, Ajan Kloss. But i don't have the parts to build on a forest moon, so i thought i build on Tatooine or an other desert planet for 0 XP.

Since Nar Kreeta is also a arid planet with mountains, canyons and deserts, i will stick to this planet and continue with my story. I want to lay emphasis on the editing anyway, since i already have some ideas. Although i am not sure if i i am good enough to do it in Photoshop.

As a Merc you can build on any planet in K4, K5, K6, J5, L5 or T9, T10, T11, S10 and U10. If you're trying to help your team get to P10 then I'd suggest focusing on S10. But you're welcome to chose anywhere you want. If you want to build a planet with a desert biom then you can just pick a planet that has nothing specified on Wookiepedia and create your own backstory for the planet. For example, Sionia in S10 is only known for being a planet that produces master thieves. It would be totally fine for you to say that the planet is a desert planet that creates master thieves since it's not specified.