Sign in to follow this  
_shaddow_

[MOC] Power Suit Samus (Metroid Dread)

640x896.png

GALLERY

"The bounty for this mission does not seem appropriate. The risk clearly outweighs the reward. Treat our lost assets with care, Lady."

Samus as she appears at the beginning of Metroid Dread. With Dread being one of the best game I've played in a long time, it felt right to build Samus with her new Power Suit.

However, with the design being more smooth and curved than any other Power Suit apart from Fusion, it was a real challenge to get the shapes right without the model looking too blocky, but I think I managed to get most of the smooth shapes right. The visor is far from perfect, but at this scale while keeping the model purist, this was the best solution I could find.

Samus has 28 points of articulation, with the all the general articulation you find on an action figure, but also two joints in each shoulder to be able to grab her cannon with her left hand, and three joints in the abdomen for torso rotation and a bit of forward crunch.

I've also made some accessories, like a cannon shot, both regular and charged, a missile with appropriate cannon muzzle, but also another cannon, to represent her Omega Cannon, both in Omega Stream and Omega Blaster modes.

What do you think ?

Edited by _shaddow_

On 9/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, karmajay said:

That looks real cool, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy you like it !

Samus's armor has always been tough to pull off, and her Dread color scheme makes it even harder IMO. All that said, you've done a solid job at recreating it. The fact that it retains so many points of articulation is an achievement by itself. When it comes down to it, it's probably the best Samus that can be done at this scale, and I commend you for it.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:30 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Samus's armor has always been tough to pull off, and her Dread color scheme makes it even harder IMO. All that said, you've done a solid job at recreating it. The fact that it retains so many points of articulation is an achievement by itself. When it comes down to it, it's probably the best Samus that can be done at this scale, and I commend you for it.

Thank you very much! Articulation was really important to me since just having a nice looking model that couldn't recreate poses from the character would detract from its overall feel, so I'm happy to hear you say that!

On 9/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, Thena said:

It looks amazing! Can you do Raven Beak.

Thanks! I don't plan on working on Raven Beak for now, I do want to do an E.M.M.I. at some point but more important projects will take priority for the time being!