Justus

Imperial C-PH Patrol Speeder [MOC]

Quite old, but I never posted this MOC:

52310005201_751cc49fe1_o.png

I never really liked the LEGO set (75207), so I built my own version - which turned out to be more difficult than expected because there is so little space inside the model. Anyway, it was a lot of fun to work on such a small but still detailed model and I am very happy with the result!

I will say that as far as battle pack builds go, I thought the TLG one did a pretty good job of replicating the one on-screen. Needless to say yours does a better job though!

Hi Justus, never knew about a 75207 set and didn't remember to see such kind of speeder in the movies, so thank you very much to help me discover it. I just took a look at Solo's movie to see this speeder in real condition but... if we can see it at the beginning, we clearly don't see anything so not easy to reproduce it from the movie pictures. Of course on internet there are many other versions more detailed. I must admit that I love all kind of speeders and this one interest me now. I think you did a real goo job as it is very difficult to realize compact vehicles with maximum details. Cockpit is really cool with a well inclined back. Could you provide us front and back pictures to take a look on reactor sides?

I have a proposal to upgrade it, but this morning I don't know how, because in the movie I think I saw that there were somethings more longer horizontally in black on sides of the speeder, where you decided to attach commands. Lego tried to reproduce it with saber handle

Thanks again and may the force be with you

@Vouatch:

No, I am sorry, I only took one photo. But I made instructions! If you are interested, I can upload them to rebrickable.com, post a link here and you could even have a look inside the model. Although I have to warn you: it is the most unstable model I have ever built! You should propably not try to build it physically, it might be frustrating :wink:.

For reference, I used the main photo from the Wookipedia page. The photo/rendering (?) was quite good for that!

15 hours ago, Justus said:

@Vouatch:

No, I am sorry, I only took one photo. But I made instructions! If you are interested, I can upload them to rebrickable.com, post a link here and you could even have a look inside the model. Although I have to warn you: it is the most unstable model I have ever built! You should propably not try to build it physically, it might be frustrating :wink:.

For reference, I used the main photo from the Wookipedia page. The photo/rendering (?) was quite good for that!

Hi Justus, I didn't expected it was rendering picture! I've never done that whereas I'm a good user of stud.io. Would you share instructions or may be stud.io file free? If yes, well I would be interested to built it and share with you result and upgrades. May be we can exchange by email the files because I don't have any rebrickable account. If not free (of cours I would understand), I will work on my side for an eventual MOC. Thanks again to let me discover this sympathic speeder

Oh no, that one was a photo of course... which is how I found out that this thing is so unstable. For the instructions, just send me your email via PM and I will send you the files for free :classic:.

oh ok, sorry, seems that my english taduction was a little bit confused. I'll send you my email, and will work on it... but only in 15days (I will not be near my lego for 2 weeks) Thanks and see you soon with a first result!

Edited by Vouatch

Hi Justus, so I began to realise your MOC when I received a bricklink order for the Bracket 1 x 1 - 1 x 2 Inverted (part I never had). And it's really difficult to connect all big parts together. I don't have big time to work on it now, but I will let my feedbacks of course.

My difficulty at this moment is to engage the front because I tried to strenghtened the lateral plate and there is now a contact that let me issue to insert the front element...

20220927_184931

If I win to realize it completely (and I will lol), I think first work would be connexion under the seat which is really unstable and brittle.

Thanks again to permit me to produce this speeder

ohhhh I didn't talk about the black screwdriver... what a price in my country, around 9€... waiting for a better opportunity, I miss it

Edited by Vouatch