GerritvdG

[MOC] 42136 John Deere 3200 Telehandler

800x600.JPG

This John Deere 3200 Telehandler is my alternate for the 42136-1 - John Deere 9620R 4WD Tractor, it uses 90% of the parts of the donor set.

640x400.png

The Telehandler features the following functions:
•    Rear wheel steering (with Ackermann Geometry).
•    Boom raising/lowering, the linkage locks in the highest position.
•    Fork tilting, operated with the upper boom.
•    Cabin with some details and door which can be opened/closed.

The tipper is a modified version of the original version:
•    With tailgate added.
•    An alternative linkage for tipping the load (because of part limitations).
•    And the same kind of walking beam suspension as the original tipper.

I started this MOC with the steering system because the original model doesn't have the typical parts for HOG-steering. Next I continued with the cabin, boom and the rest of the model, with the pieces left over I created the tipper and also a little pallet for playability.

600x800.JPG

It was a fun little project and I'm happy to deliver more functions with this MOC then the donor set!  Instructions are available for free at RB: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-119452/GerritvdG/42136-john-deere-3200-telehandler/#details

800x600.JPG

I also found more information about the John Deere Telehandlers, see spoiler below.

Spoiler

More about John Deere Telehandlers (from the Farmers weekly)

John Deere’s brief foray into the telehandler market lasted just six years and left a lot of customers scratching their heads, wondering why it pulled the plug on such a popular machine.

But although the Matbro-derived handlers had been successful in the UK, the maker said its decision to back out was based on a “detailed assessment of the worldwide market”, meaning it thought global demand wasn’t high enough at the time.

The first of the in-house-built 3000-series machines appeared in 2000 after John Deere purchased Matbro from parent company Powerscreen International, which had got into financial difficulty.

Up until that point, John Deere had had a marketing agreement to sell Matbro’s own machines in green.

Clearly the revamped loaders had plenty of the UK firm’s technology under the shell, but John Deere had redesigned the frame, boom, transmission and hydraulic system as well as adding its own engine and cab.

These were built at John Deere’s Zweibrucken factory, Germany – which, after telehandler production ceased in 2006, later concentrated on manufacturing combines and forage harvesters.

Edited by GerritvdG

10 hours ago, Philtech said:

Your Alternate looks great! I like the functions.

Glad you like it! The functions and playability got the most attention in this little project!