Sign in to follow this  
woodford86

[MOC] Ballista

I really like the new Hungarian Horntail set (still waiting for stock at my store though), so I'm brainstorming a scene with Black Falcons fighting the big dragon. So last night I free built this ballista - ran out of the right colors so had to render it in Studio but I'm pretty happy how it came out. Just need to decide on the arrows - personally I'm leaning towards the first one (rigid hose and the gold spike with fins) but open to any ideas. I especially wish there was a cleaner way to attach the arrow head to the rigid hose, maybe a 3/4 technic pin?

Source material was just this stock image.

This is literally my first MOC post-dark ages that I'm happy enough to post. Open to constructive feedback!

5BECzIU.pngoMR1D2F.pngg2Q7s1k.pngjAnJhAw.png

Edited by woodford86

I like it!  I might consider building something like this if it fits minifigure scale.  Great to have mounted on a castle tower to shoot down some massive foes!

Thanks! It's a bit big for mounting in a castle, I figure its more the kind that would be built on site during a siege. I'm working on getting the studio file uploaded to Rebrickable so will post back when its approved.

If you wanted something more tower friendly I ripped this one off of a picture I've had saved forever. Credit to an anonymous internet stranger, I've long lost track of who the builder was:

QbKglF4.pngc8YQlTh.pngDveHvBf.png

Edit: Rebrickable link https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-117672/woodford86/siege-ballista/#details

Edited by woodford86