krystkraft

Old Lego pieces without LEGO mark?

Hello,

I have lately some problem with my LEGO pieces. I ordered fences ( parts 3633 and 3185 ) in classic red and yellow colors and I was confused, because some of them have LEGO mark at the bottom of the piece, but most of them don't have LEGO mark. Instead, they have numbers on the left or right side at the bottom. Can someone tell me if LEGO company really produced these old parts without LEGO mark, or are those without a mark fake? I had this problem several times in the past and the problem was always associated with the red and yellow fences. I am really confused, because I'm not into fake bricks and I want to keep my LEGO collection free from fake pieces. Cheers!3185.png3633.png

Yes, LEGO produced many older parts without a LEGO logo.

You need to compare the shapes and colours with contemporary parts, although bear in mind some parts have small variations especially those that have been made for 50 years.

Then they are likely to be genuine. Especially if you bought them from a seller on bricklink or brickowl or similar site that has a decent amount of feedback for selling LEGO.

While parts may not have a LEGO logo on them, on the underside there is often printing that indicates the mould. It may take a while, but one can begin to tell the real LEGO font and sizing, but it helps me.

9 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

on the underside there is often printing that indicates the mould

I believe this really needs some experience, though. As I am also wandering the Dark Side of bricks, they have numbers on them - almost not discernible from LEGO bricks and pieces. The only thing that helps me is the missing LEGO print. With old pieces, i.e., before the Dark Side came into play (I am old), when they redo them, I could not tell the difference.

Best,
Thorsten

Yeah, but I only buy bricks in bulk amount on bricklink. It seems like these fences are genuine Lego parts.