Wurger49

[MOD] Viking Longship Upgrade MOD from Two Sets of LEGO Creator 31132 Viking Ship and the Midgard Serpent

Another year of LEGO bringing back a classic theme on the large Creator 3-in-1 set, this time is the 31132 Viking Ship and the Midgard Serpent; I decided to upgrade the ship into a proper Longship using only parts from two 31132 sets.

The bow and stern of the ship remained the same, I loved the SNOT techniques that created the keel and the dragon figure head and tail.

The mid-section is lengthened to eight 1x4 Palisade bricks with one 1x2 Palisade brick in the middle for the mast. This allows for all 8 different shields onto hang on the side of the ship, the last shields are two studs closer to the ends of the ship compare to the original. The mast is made taller with the brick sail made wider to 13 alternating red and white stripes. The rigging using flexible hoses are a bit challenging to be taut with the spacings of the new lengthen, have to rig it on the opposite handle of the steering wheel.

The covered area has been extended to the back of the mast, providing covering for the dinning area and two cows.

I didn’t even open up the 7th bag for the serpent, and this upgrade MOD has many pieces left, I will hopefully have enough to build a blacksmith.

52124687177_93d77cb7b0_c.jpgLEGO Creator Viking Ship 31132 Upgrade to a Longship by Richard Yao, on Flickr

52125705831_51015c6064_c.jpgLEGO Creator Viking Ship 31132 Upgrade to a Longship by Richard Yao, on Flickr

52125739583_e172cbac50_c.jpgLEGO Creator Viking Ship 31132 Upgrade to a Longship by Richard Yao, on Flickr

52124687012_740e85a9f4_c.jpgLEGO Creator Viking Ship 31132 Upgrade to a Longship by Richard Yao, on Flickr

52125705171_f00b7879d5_c.jpgLEGO Creator Viking Ship 31132 Upgrade to a Longship by Richard Yao, on Flickr

Edited by Wurger49

That is a proper longship for raiding and trading. Nice to see that it can be easily built from two of the 31132 sets.

19 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

That is a proper longship for raiding and trading. Nice to see that it can be easily built from two of the 31132 sets.

17 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Pretty impressive! The bigger scale does a lot for it. 

thanks guys, the original LEGO set is very stubby, though the designer is bound by piece count and price; New Length is 55cm, width remained 15cm including shields, 13.5cm without shields.