langko

(MOC) Pagani Huayra 1:8 (Instructions Available!)

14 hours ago, JesseNight said:

This is a truly amazing model! Not sure if I can ever make it but one can hope :) 

I'm just wondering which wheels were used on the above pic of @langko's model, that I also see on @LvdH's white one? They look a lot like the Bugatti ones but can't find a model that had these in black, are they a custom paint job? I really love this color combination!

Thankyou, I hope you can make it one day!

@LvdH is right, I bought them from brickvisions.com they have lots of different colour variations of the standard lego rims. These are indeed black Bugatti ones. Although I recently did customise some spare centenario rims I had lying around for this model... I felt like the black rims blended in a bit too much, so now there is a pop of silver to match the rest of the silver accents.

800x450.JPG

Ohhhh that looks very good too! 

1 hour ago, langko said:

Thankyou, I hope you can make it one day!

It's like being a kid again and looking at that big set that's out of reach :grin:

Haven't been building since classic Technics of the early to mid 1990s so I'd have to get about every part. And with such a high quantity of parts that's gonna be quite some work figuring out what to get where and if I can even get everything to begin with.

5 hours ago, JesseNight said:

Haven't been building since classic Technics of the early to mid 1990s so I'd have to get about every part. And with such a high quantity of parts that's gonna be quite some work figuring out what to get where and if I can even get everything to begin with.

I feel ya. It took me 4 years to figure this out and build the parts collection. My last set as a teen was 8880 Supercar in 1994, then after 25 years of drought, my first modern set was 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator which I bought in 2019 -- to the surprise of both myself and my better half -- at a local supermarket clearance sale. (Her surprise quickly turned to joy as she helped me build the behemoth!) Over the past 4 years I've bought only a few official sets, always as parts packs -- more money has gone to countless BrickLink orders to stock up on useful connectors and panels. During covid I've also figured out how to make virtual models and building instructions. 

:pir-huzzah2:

Ohhh, I'm looking at 8880 Supercar right now, it was my second last set and it always had a place on a shelf ever since, but if I get into this again, I gotta get a closed display case bc it bugs me that I never get all the dust from all the corners. My last set was the 8480 Space Shuttle, think it was from 1996. Beautiful set but I remain a bit biased towards cars :grin:

I'm looking into figuring out Bricklink ordering now, still a few things that confuse me or that seem off but I don't wanna highjack this topic to get deep into that. It's keeping me hesitant a bit, I guess I'm still looking for a good place to start.

It looks amazing. Both from the technical and visual perspective. I would love to built it as an official set, but i'm affraid what lego might charge for it. Maybe something is in the works with some independent manufacturer?

Anyway, apart from it beeing an amazing brick version of a real car, you probably have created an ultimate supercar chassis. Due to the nature of the real car (clamshell design and gullwing doors) all the strenght and structural rigidity must come from the chassis itself, which makes it an ideal base for every mid-engined car there is. Pair it up with super-cool functions like flaps and working fans, throw in adjustable suspension and all the new cool parts (shocks, diff etc.) and you have a complete recipe.

Amazing work, congratulations. I hope, some day i'll be able to share my photos of the built.