For the scissor link . I use a System that locks the vertical linkages in  place combined with the scisor link. From my expérience this last one alone isn't enough and generate vibrations at hig rpm

Edited by steph77

It occurred to me that Part 28974 might fit in the small gap between the turntable and the two Part 6632s, to help keep the 6632s from migrating away from the ball. Otherwise, maybe the Ring (11010) could be used somehow to get the exact right spacing, but I think the 6632s would then have to be removed.

32 minutes ago, Pattspatt said:

It occurred to me that Part 28974 might fit in the small gap between the turntable and the two Part 6632s, to help keep the 6632s from migrating away from the ball. Otherwise, maybe the Ring (11010) could be used somehow to get the exact right spacing, but I think the 6632s would then have to be removed.

The ball fits securely in the gap between the 6632s. There is no play. The ball can't be slipped into or out of place: either you have to assemble the ball and the 6632s and slip them in, or you have to turn the ball on its side and then rotate it into the gap.

13 hours ago, steph77 said:

For the scissor link . I use a System that locks the vertical linkages in  place combined with the scisor link. From my expérience this last one alone isn't enough and generate vibrations at hig rpm

Yes, I imagine the design for actual operation (high RPMs etc.) in LEGO will require different solutions. My aim was to mimic as closely as possible the principle of operation of the Bell 206 rigging.

Can these pieces be useful in a small functional rotor swashplate?

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-front-wheel-bearing-with-two-knuckles-11949

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-wheel-hub-46490

1 hour ago, roeltheworld said:

I saw those, but I think, since they have no through axle hole or an axle hole that will not allow the axle to tilt, they would not work.

I make use of them only for tail rotors,  as they allow only one straight travel along the axle.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, Pattspatt said:

The solution I used was restricting lateral movement of the links to the lower half

Exactly the solution I used at first. I found it unsatisfactory (ad hoc), but never thought about it until I saw the Bell 407 design and then found actual 206 pivot sleeve photos on ebay. Then I put 2 and 2 together.

This is the final model. I'll put this in a new thread with links to videos I have yet to make. And I need to finish the writeup, now that I know what is actually happening.

The stud.io file and instructions are already up here.

bell206-2022.03-3d.jpg