canadianD

ideas for the new Soviets

Hey i just got some Russians from the new Soviets and i don't know what to do with them.Any ideas are great :classic:

I am confused at what you are saying here. Are the minifigs you're talking about from the Indy sets? If so, I had a comment for this. I was surprised that the Soviet minifigs for the Indy sets didn't have red stars on their hats. I understand why the Nazi minifigs didn't have the swasticas, but the Soviet minifigs. I do not understand that.

I guess you could use them as military soldiers for your layout, especially since they do not have specific markings. You could create your own decal and place them either on the minifig's hat or back. This is what I may end up doing with the minifigs I have. I hope this may give you an idea.

Model On!!

Hey i just got some Russians from the new Soviets and i don't know what to do with them.Any ideas are great :classic:

Hmmm... how about you send them to me, I'll give them a good home... PM me with and I'll send you my mailing adress

Hmmm... how about you send them to me, I'll give them a good home... PM me with and I'll send you my mailing adress

By the lack of smileys I get worried that you're actually serious... :tongue:

Use them to enter the Indiana Jones Movie Contest! :grin: Invent a nice Indy story involving Soviets and create a little scene with your figs! :wink: I would look forward to your entry! :sweet:

Also, it would be great if you could come up with a funny comic that your Soviet figs could star in! :laugh:

I am confused at what you are saying here. Are the minifigs you're talking about from the Indy sets? If so, I had a comment for this. I was surprised that the Soviet minifigs for the Indy sets didn't have red stars on their hats. I understand why the Nazi minifigs didn't have the swasticas, but the Soviet minifigs. I do not understand that.

I guess you could use them as military soldiers for your layout, especially since they do not have specific markings. You could create your own decal and place them either on the minifig's hat or back. This is what I may end up doing with the minifigs I have. I hope this may give you an idea.

Model On!!

Actually, it may be because of the fact that the Soviest have disbanded, and it would be rude to show it again. But they do have the gold stars, even though they should be red. I don't know. You could stick an American decal on the front. I made an American on Lego Indy with the German green shirt, and it looked just right. So basically combine a green german with the Soviet.

Model On!!

They don't have stars on thier hats, but they have stars on thier belts, so it still designates them as Soviets.

And speaking of the subject look at my name lol. (NO I'm not Russian, I just liked the Russian tanks)

Edited by sovietapc7

I am doing a little project; which I call "LEGO At War: Classic Combat" and involves the Indy Jones theme. The Germans form the Orange Army and the Soviets form the Purple Army and then they are supposed to wage war against each other. Small arms consists of BrickArms' arsenal (long live BrickArms! :wub: www.brickarms.com) The strange thing with this project is that it is only in my mind (I do not own one single Indy Jones set! :blush:) and it is free to take my ideas as long as you take some photos so I can see the result :wink:

Orange Army

Units

MC (from Motorcycle Chase): 1 "guard"

MC with side car (from Motorcycle Chase): 2 guards with Mk 48

Jeep (from Race for the Stolen Treasure): 2-3 guards with Mk 48 and RPG

Truck(from Race for the Stolen Treasure): 5 guards

Check Point (from Motorcycle Chase): 2 guards

Small arms

C96

SW500

MP40

M47

Mk48

PSG-1

RPG

M24

Maybe a modified G36 without the grip with integrated sight.

Purple Army

Units

Jeep (from Peril in Peru): 1-2 guards

Small Tracked Vehicle (from Temple of the Crystal Skull): 1 guard

Amphibious Vehicle (from River Chase): 2 guards with Mk 48

Tank or APC (modified Jungle Cutter) 2-6 guards

Riverine Patrol Boat (from River Chase): 1 guard with Mk 48

Sniper's Nest (from River Chase): 1 guard with PSG-1

Small arms

M1911

AK47

Mk48

PSG-1

RPG

M67

Headgear for the soldiers include the cap the guards wear, the CITY officer cap and the CITY prisoner knit/cap in matching colour, the Indy Jones MC helmet.

Some more vehicles such as the Flying Wing, a light helicopter and a howitzer would fit well into the plan.

A base or camp would also be good including the Indy Jones tent and a bunker. The German truck could have differnt "modules" on the truck bed like command vehicle (box with computers/radioes inside and antennas on top), engineer (crane), ambulance (red cross marking and a stretcher inside).

If come up with more ideas I will post them here.