Sign in to follow this  
BrickPoor

Zombie Love...

In my town there is such a large problem with the walking dead that they have started a new social program "adopt a zombie". It's still in it's infancy so no word yet on it's success.

Here we have our new friendly citizens. They just want a hug.

4zombies.jpg

Here are some of the decals if you are so inclined to make your own.

I like to keep things simple. The old cartoon xx for eyes is just fine for me.

zombie01.png_thumb.jpg

zombie02.png_thumb.jpg

zombie03.png_thumb.jpg

zombie06.png_thumb.jpg

And here we have some cool cats looking for a poetry reading and a bit to eat.

zombieattack.jpg

Simple, yet very effective.

I like the comic-feeling that the x's bring.

Nice work :thumbup:

KimT[brains...brains....braaaaaaiiiins]

Very nice, and welcome to EB!

Decals, samples, and a comic. That's the way to do it.

About all I'd ask is if you could maybe resize future pictures? We really like to stay around 640x480 if possible, since most things look just fine at that size and won't kill people with slower connections.

Thanks again for sharing these, and I have to agree, the comic X eyes work perfectly. :skull: :thumbup:

I must make one for my town(Which is just one building but soon to be slightly expanded)!

I absolutely LOVE it! :wub: It's so simple, yet so charming and ingenious! :laugh: And.. Is that a chainsaw using a camera for a handle?? :oh: I have to steal that! :thumbup:

Bravo!

I forgot to ask some questions. :blush:

What head did you you use under the decal and how much would it cost on Bricklink?

What size must I resize these decals to in order to fit the head?

If you can answer, thanks!

What head did you you use under the decal and how much would it cost on Bricklink?

A couple of these bley no print heads and a couple of these heads from Mars Mission set 7694 that I had.

What size must I resize these decals to in order to fit the head?

In theory you shouldn't have to resize them since the DPI (dots per inch) is set in the file. BUT my experience is that the size of the print always changed with the program I used. So the best advice I can give is to do lots of test prints on plain paper till the face is spot on (center of x's line up with a minifigs eyes).

Edited by BrickPoor

A couple of these bley no print heads and a couple of these heads from Mars Mission set 7694 that I had.

In theory you shouldn't have to resize them since the DPI (dots per inch) is set in the file. BUT my experience is that the size of the print always changed with the program I used. So the best advice I can give is to do lots of test prints on plain paper till the face is spot on (center of x's line up with a minifigs eyes).

Those heads should be pretty easy to get at. Thanks for the info but the last head(Grey Balaclava) is actually Specs from Dino 2010(In US Dino Attack I think). Thanks!

EDIT:Okay I made some tests on plain paper but it always came out at a little over 20 times the size of a minifig head( :laugh: ). If some decal wiz out there could help I'd be very grateful!

Edited by Stony

Thanks for the info but the last head(Grey Balaclava) is actually Specs from Dino 2010(In US Dino Attack I think)

That head has been in several sets including dino sets but the last set it has been in is Mars Mission set 7694 (still on the shelves).

Okay I made some tests on plain paper but it always came out at a little over 20 times the size of a minifig head( default_laugh_new.gif ). If some decal wiz out there could help I'd be very grateful!

Well the key to getting a good answer is to ask a good question I guess.

I suggest you read this thread. you might find it very helpful.

and post some pictures when you get some made!

Edited by BrickPoor

That head has been in several sets including dino sets but the last set it has been in is Mars Mission set 7694 (still on the shelves).

Well the key to getting a good answer is to ask a good question I guess.

I suggest you read this thread. you might find it very helpful.

and post some pictures when you get some made!

I had no idea that head was still on shelves! Yeah I'll try to get pictures, but they might not be very clear seeing as I don't have a Brickshelf account or anything. Just a digital camera. :hmpf_bad:

EDIT: I went through that link you posted and got a headache. I don't really understand what they're talking about. Somebody here needs to read the computer manual to brush up on computer terms. :grin:

Edited by Stony