Sign in to follow this  
Tuskano

EVE Online Minmatar Reaper (blast from the past UCS build)

Hello!  It's been awhile.  But I am back at it again.  This time going back to a previous build to build it in real bricks.  I give you my SHIPtember(ish) progress (if years of no activity in a single build count LOL).  So far I have 90% of the stbd side complete.  It was more a matter of organizing all the 7000-something bricks I got for it.  My last point working on it was making the Warrior drones and one engine back in 2019.  Stopped as I got burnt out.  But near the end of August I started building again after buying 3 hardware organizing boxes.  Separated all I had into those and things sort of flowed together as I figured out how to use the instruction setting in Stud.io.  Enjoy!

EVE Online Lego UCS Reaper | Flickr

This was the original post for it started in 2012 to 2019.

[MOC] EVE Online UCS Reaper (update 2019) - LEGO Sci-Fi - Eurobricks Forums

And the Cuusoo page with a better write-up on it all after being motivated from Csar's Rifter..

LEGO IDEAS - EVE Online Ships - UCS Reaper

Edited by Tuskano

Oh dang, I'm a big, big fan of this. I love EVE and so many ships seem like they'd lend themselves well to Lego. Seeing the drones built really made the size of this build sink in. I love what you've done so far and can't wait to see more pictures.

8 hours ago, Geihlen said:

Oh dang, I'm a big, big fan of this. I love EVE and so many ships seem like they'd lend themselves well to Lego. Seeing the drones built really made the size of this build sink in. I love what you've done so far and can't wait to see more pictures.

Thank you!  I had really enjoyed building this one on LDD.  I used to play EVE alot.  Especially when I made this as I owned a Reaper I fit with a 10mm afterburner and missiles lol.

It was another guy who designed the drones and at the time made the files to build one public along with a bunch of other drones.  Really liked the warriors so I asked if I could mod one that can fold up and possibly fit with my Reaper.  

Moved onto the Portside with the cockpit.  Going to have to go through my control printed slopes as Stud.io just replaced what I had with black 2x2 slopes...

51478242746_6d2568a482_k.jpgPortside by Tuskano, on Flickr

And besides the guns and wing details, this is the stbd side mostly complete.  I think I already have put in duplicates of where the two connect on the port but I think I'll just find out when I get to that point.

51460517330_f19c0d41bd_k.jpgStbd 90% done with wing frame deployed by Tuskano, on Flickr

The rustbucket came out great! I'm super impressed with how this came out and I love the size of the build. It needs a proper photo shoot with a bunch of glamor shots, but given the size of, I imagine that's easier said than done.

1 hour ago, Geihlen said:

The rustbucket came out great! I'm super impressed with how this came out and I love the size of the build. It needs a proper photo shoot with a bunch of glamor shots, but given the size of, I imagine that's easier said than done.

I plan to take some this coming week for shiptember with a white backdrop and during the daylight.  So it should make the lineup.  But yes I am super excited for it... I still have to think of a place to put it after lol.