Sign in to follow this  
Commander Keller

Applying stickers...

I purchased some 501st clone decals for the torso. What do I apply to keep the edges from being able to be peeled off?

sorry for the double post..but do I apply anything beforehand? anyone have some tips for a newb?

keetong, keller asked WHERE he could find leg and arm decals as well as how to stop peeling. You replied with saying that you got 'them' from brickshelf. It would help of you said which question you were answering. Direct links to galleries of specifically 501st decals would have been better than saying 'I got them from brickshelf'. Please take time to think about what you are posting before posting it.

Commander Keller: for you first question- what can I do to stop decals from peeling? Well, the easiest method would be to simply trim the decals slightly inwards from the sides, so that no sides would dangle over the edge of the torso. You could also use acrylic sealant to seal the decals in, but this would be hard to remove if you're plannign to reuse the torso. For your second question: where do I get knee and shoulder decals? Fortunately I have some links to various builders on brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=184319

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=215155

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=wuzzupbob

Oh my, I'm starting to sound like a mod lately...

Hi, I've made some clone trooper decals. Here is the link to my decals:

My Bravenet Photo Gallery

I created the design from scratch using MCN's Complete Body decal. I've also created Photoshop files for easy customizing. Just give me a PM if you have any questions.

Commander Keller, you bought decals, am I right? There's a big difference. I'm currently writing a tutorial for decal application. I'll hopefully have it done this weekend. As far as your other questions go, make sure you're not piling too many different subjects into one topic. People who know where to buy clone decals might not find your request in a thread entitled "Applying stickers"

keetong, keller asked WHERE he could find leg a...

Oh my, I'm starting to sound like a mod lately...

I'm glad you noticed that. There's no reason for you to correct other member's behavior. If someone is doing something you think needs to be corrected, click the report button in the lower left hand corner of their post, located underneath their profile. In this case, keetong didn't require any correction and I'll thank you in advance not to attempt to correct other member's behavior in the future. Thanks :classic: