Sign in to follow this  
mjjas13

[Concept Art] - AT-HE

So, here is my entry for the May the 4th contest. I used this as an excuse to finally build the AT-HE seen in the concept art photo below. It was supposed to be the walker that bridged the gap between the AT-TE and the AT-AT and it ended up looking like a mix between the two with some of the UT-AT mixed in. I had to build this digitally due to some time constraints so instead of phase 2 clone troopers I have what I am calling phase 2 clone scout troopers. I also decided to add some of the concept art's background in the mosaic style to try to capture the concept art feel. 

Reference Pic:

51228817395_ffc024f8b8_o.jpgLong-legged_AT-TE by mjjas13, on Flickr

MOC Pic:

51227961028_bbde6da22c_c.jpgAT-HE by mjjas13, on Flickr

Long-legged_AT-TE.jpg

51227961028_bbde6da22c_w.jpg

Edited by mjjas13

I remember reading the name of that walker in the original 2002 printing of the Attack of the Clones cross section book and not knowing what it looked like, or even if there was more to it than a throwaway name.  That mention has been retconned out of the 2020 printing of the Star Wars Complete Vehicles book. Now I know what it was supposed to look like all those years ago! Thanks. Nice blend of vehicles and the Art mosaic style to reproduce the complete piece of concept art, too.  Is there a "bridge" between the AT-TE and the AT-AT in the new canon?

I don't know of any. Other than the AT-AT seen in Rebels and Fallen Order but the only similarity that has to an AT-TE seems to be the rear facing cannon.

Imho that AT-HE always looked way to random for me, like it was designed just to have a middle between a AT-TE and an AT-AT.