KimT

2008 Picture thread

Have you seen the YouTube video of the wings folding out? It looks so sweet! :cry_happy: It really makes you want that set badly! :cry_sad: I don't know how long I'll be able to resist the urge to buy it myself. :sceptic:

WHY DO YOU TORTURE OUR WALLETS SO, TLG?! :sing:

I'm not going to buy the twilight... it will help my wallet alot and I might not get the Magna Guard fighter... in 2008 :grin:

Any way I think my wallet has toooooo much in it :grin: it would like to be spent.... I don't know how much it can hold

well now I got high speed internet these pics look even better (somehow :hmpf: ) especially now I can look at them faster!!

also I think ashuka should be shorter cause in the trailer she's short.

--(:-)

Have you seen the YouTube video of the wings folding out? It looks so sweet! :cry_happy: It really makes you want that set badly! :cry_sad: I don't know how long I'll be able to resist the urge to buy it myself. :sceptic:

WHY DO YOU TORTURE OUR WALLETS SO, TLG?! :sing:

Oh yeah, I saw it. :sceptic: When I first saw it, I still didn't want to spend any money on it, but I wanted to at least get a hands on feel for the mechanism that controls the wings. But now that I watch the video again, it definitely feels like it should be a must-buy. Well, we'll see how the money situation is in about a month or so. :hmpf:

Im going likely get at least one of everything (i am definatly getting multiples of the gunship :tongue: ) the torrent does look sweet! :cry_happy:

Im going likely get at least one of everything (i am definatly getting multiples of the gunship :tongue: ) the torrent does look sweet! :cry_happy:

Agreed, that's excatly how I feel.

The RGS will be bought in multiples and at least one of each other set.

The DS might be a bit too harsh on my savings getting more than one of. :wacko:

KimT

Agreed, that's excatly how I feel.

The RGS will be bought in multiples and at least one of each other set.

The DS might be a bit too harsh on my savings getting more than one of. :wacko:

KimT

Geez, I'm glad you guys have that kinda cash. :sceptic: I'm getting one of most of the sets, primarily the Clone Wars ones. I would like to get the V-19 and Magnaguard fighter, but I've got to get the RGS and AT-TE first, which I will only be getting one of each because of their darn price tags. :hmpf_bad: If I have extra cash afterwards, I will at least get the V-19. I'm most excited for the TX-130 and DGS though, I've wanted an official set of both of those since I first layed eyes on the vehicles.

It might be tough but I'm determined to get one of each of all of the sets. None of them look really bad. The only problem is that I'll have to sacrifice getting the DS. But I guess I have to prioritize. :cry_sad:

It might be tough but I'm determined to get one of each of all of the sets. None of them look really bad. The only problem is that I'll have to sacrifice getting the DS. But I guess I have to prioritize. :cry_sad:

psst! get the LEGO sets! i have the DS and its not that great. only a few good games.

...aaannnyyywaaays, that wing feature on the torrent looks awesome! hopefully 2009 wont be too brutal, so i can get that one.

psst! get the LEGO sets! i have the DS and its not that great. only a few good games.

...aaannnyyywaaays, that wing feature on the torrent looks awesome! hopefully 2009 wont be too brutal, so i can get that one.

I think it's fairly safe to assume they meant DS as in Death Star, not the Nintendo DS. Though, I completely disagree with you on your view of the handheld gaming system. :grin:

Anyway, I agree with CommanderBly, none of the sets look bad at all. TLG seems to have spent alot of time into developing these sets, and they really show that. It's actually almost unfortunate how good the sets really are, since that doesn't leave much room for sacrificing a certain set to keep some cash in our already aching wallets... :sceptic:

Kimt

Please get hte new pics from svelte corps of the DS!!!!!!!!!!!

They are wow! :oh:

I've added the pics so people don't explode... :wink:

Kimt

Please get hte new pics from svelte corps of the DS!!!!!!!!!!!

They are wow! :oh:

LOL. You are aware that I live in Denmark and was fast asleep when You wrote that.

I do need sleep once in a while :tongue:

KimT

7676 will retailing at: 119,95 EUR? I calculated the Euro prizes for US: 76,70 EUR and UK: 99,50 EUR :wacko: do they think we are CraZy? I guess so. :sadnew: but I am sure a lot of us will find a way to get it much cheaper then 120 DURO'S!!!

Edited by Raptor

I dunno about you guys, but I'm really itchin' for some new pics of the second batch of sets. Shouldn't some new pics be surfacing around the end of this week on into next?

And I need to start puttin' some money away to help pay for the AT-TE and RGS. :sceptic:

7676 will retailing at: 119,95 EUR? I calculated the Euro prizes for US: 76,70 EUR and UK: 99,50 EUR :wacko: do they think we are CraZy? I guess so. :sadnew: but I am sure a lot of us will find a way to get it much cheaper then 120 DURO'S!!!

I gave it up to think about british or american prices.

1. The set is cool enough for paying 120.000.000ā‚¬ for it.

2. The americans are so "poor" and need cheaper prices.

3. UK rocks and should have the lowest price for everything.

4. ItĀ“s normal that a LEGO brick costs 10 cents. Is one set over this count itĀ“s REALLY expensive (see every 2008 Batman Set and the Scarecrow plane).

So, I can just hope for TLC that this Gunship has 1200 pieces or more.

And the only way to get this set cheaper is waiting for a sale or "take 3 pay 2" by TRU or to go in a Lego Store and buy it there with a payback-card (I donĀ“t know if this is just aviable for Germany...).

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Three of the sets are available for preorder on Amazon Germany! Somehow the RGS is missing. They state the release date for AT-TE, V-19 and Magnaguard-Fighter as the 24th of September 2008.

Prices are:

Magnaguard Fighter: 45,99 EURO (431pcs)

V-19: 64,99 EURO (no piececount on Amazon.de)

AT-TE: 94,99 EURO (800 pcs)

Here are links:

Magnaguard-Fighter: http://www.amazon.de/LEGO-7673-Star-MagnaG...514&sr=1-30

V-19: http://www.amazon.de/LEGO-7674-Star-Wars-T...514&sr=1-31

AT-TE: http://www.amazon.de/LEGO-7675-Star-AT-TE-...545&sr=1-24

Benny

Isnt the release date of the clone wars line July 26?

I thought so too!

Perhaps it's the extra Clone Wars sets which come out in September :wacko:

Isnt the release date of the clone wars line July 26?
I thought so too!

Perhaps it's the extra Clone Wars sets which come out in September :wacko:

I thought them to be released in July, too. But the links lead to the sets as said I found them browsing Amazon.de for LEGO.

What extra Clone Wars sets are you talking about Rancor?

26th July is the date for the release in ToysĀ“rĀ“us and Galeria Kaufhof in Germany. They always get the Star Wars sets earlier. The releasedate for the other stores is possibly the 24th September.

7676 Republic Gunship is an exclusive Kaufhof set like the 6211 Star destroyer and the MTT.

Ah ok, that helps me a lot. Thank you NT Fenson :classic:

I don't like exclusives - make LEGO available everywhere! :hmpf:

So wait, can someone give me a rundown of the release dates then? Are the sets being released at the end of June? Or is that just in specific locations? Also, does anyone know the US release date? Or is it the same?

We know just about releasedates for Germany (Lego Magazine and Amazon.de). They says that the sets will be aviable at Kaufhof and TRU during the end of July. Somewhere other I saw a page of a Customer-catalouge. This tells something about August.

I donĀ“t belive the sets will come out during this month, but I think you can get them at the beginning of August or end of July.

And if you want to know the exactly month click here and write a batzillion E-Mails.