Sign in to follow this  
Natant16

Best paints?

Hello. I was wondering what paints would be best to use with lego pieces? And if I use paint on minidoll hair pieces, will their rubbery nature cause any issues? (Dissolving, melting, etc...) (While I'm at it, does anyone have any good matches for Lego's lavender?)

It is a matter of belief with the paints. I use revell because they are cheap and are easy to get. When I need special colours I use Citatel paint, which is really nice as they have a huge palette.

I had no issues with rubbery parts yes. The only problem it that the rubber bends and the paint cannot move the same way so it will crack. After having painted a flexible piece, you will have to be careful with handling it.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:15 AM, Wardancer said:

It is a matter of belief with the paints. I use revell because they are cheap and are easy to get. When I need special colours I use Citatel paint, which is really nice as they have a huge palette.

I had no issues with rubbery parts yes. The only problem it that the rubber bends and the paint cannot move the same way so it will crack. After having painted a flexible piece, you will have to be careful with handling it.

Ok, thanks!

I had to paint a dragon's tooth that came badly scratched straight out of the box. Used Humbrol satin. The match is so good, I can no longer tell where it was!