Sign in to follow this  
timura

Gray Colored Paradise Pony Figure

Hello,

I recently found and purchased this gray colored "paradisa" pony figure online.

When purchasing I'm well aware that this figure is most likely a knockoff or something like that, but since it looked so much like the original version and its low price I got it. 
And just because its gray colored i thought I could use it as a stone statue of a small horse.

I also included photos of my gray pony and the original brown pony side by side.

There are some differences on the ears, eye dept and legs.

Have you seen something like this before? If it belongs to a knock-off brand which one?

20210410_182206.jpg

WhatsApp_Image_2021-04-10_at_22.28.18.jp

WhatsApp_Image_2021-04-10_at_22.28.18_1.

WhatsApp_Image_2021-04-10_at_22.32.19.jpeg?width=678&height=551

Not sure to which brand it belongs to, but yes, it is fake. What indicates it, is said in the last picture - gap between legs and no logo. Where did you buy this pony?

After doing some research I couldn't find a grey pony on sale anywhere, which just indicates that it's a fake even further. I'm having my suspicion that it might be one of a kind made by a small manufacturer (possibly private). Good thing for you to have such thing, though in my personal experience they are made out of plastic that is from more toxic chemicals than Lego. Not a reason not to keep it though. 

(Just to clarify, officialy pony mold has only appeared in two Lego sets and in one color, which is brown, correct?)

Edited by Jack Sassy

The mold appears to be ever so slightly different (eye hole looks deeper on the brown one), but it’s a very good copy!

12 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Not sure to which brand it belongs to, but yes, it is fake. What indicates it, is said in the last picture - gap between legs and no logo. Where did you buy this pony?

After doing some research I couldn't find a grey pony on sale anywhere, which just indicates that it's a fake even further. I'm having my suspicion that it might be one of a kind made by a small manufacturer (possibly private). Good thing for you to have such thing, though in my personal experience they are made out of plastic that is from more toxic chemicals than Lego. Not a reason not to keep it though. 

(Just to clarify, officialy pony mold has only appeared in two Lego sets and in one color, which is brown, correct?)

I bought this from an online 2nd hand market in my country somethin like a local version of ebay where people sell its old stuff. Just looking to the other stuff the seller was offering I can tell that this is not a very recent toy most probably the seller is a parent who sells his/her childs old toys or the seller himself sells his childhood toys.

Most curious thing is that, why a knockoff brand would like to copy a rare figure from 1990s? It could be that even the knockoff gray pony is from early 2000s or 1990's which sounds also weird because I didn't know that there were knockoff brands back then.

Note: I have seen that people have white and black versions of the pony (possible test samples).

Edited by timura

8 hours ago, timura said:

I didn't know that there were knockoff brands back then.

*khem* Mega Bloks *khem*

8 hours ago, timura said:

Most curious thing is that, why a knockoff brand would like to copy a rare figure from 1990s?

I guess they copy from whatever set they have obtained. I for one have never seen a knockoff version of 70413.

On 4/13/2021 at 3:25 PM, timura said:

d0a1c_BLX_Farm_Ciftlik_Atlari_28302.png

Ah yes, the infamous Farm sub-theme by BLX, where Johnny Thunder's European brother feeds a concrete pony.:pir-grin:

(Phtoshop on this one is spot-on!)