SeaKing61

MOC: Edwardian Terraced House

This is a model I made of my parent's house that I grew up in. It is my first attempt at an accurate piece of architecture based on a real building. It is around double minifig scale; I based the scale on the construction of the bay windows. I also foreshortened the model so that it could be displayed more easily and so had to make the main roof much steeper. I'm most proud of the bay windows and the wizardry that was necessary to create the white and red arches on the first floor. I wasn't sure if Town is the right forum for it, but there seemed to be various scale buildings in here. Mods, please let me know if it should be elsewhere.

50979262458_e71906fff3_z.jpgEdwardian Terraced House by Laurie Bennett, on Flickr

50979964671_5d19c68d9f_z.jpgEdwardian Terraced House by Laurie Bennett, on Flickr

50979262118_4477d08f61_z.jpgEdwardian Terraced House by Laurie Bennett, on Flickr

50980074032_95c31da6d0_z.jpgEdwardian Terraced House by Laurie Bennett, on Flickr

50979261603_fdc0110733_z.jpgEdwardian Terraced House by Laurie Bennett, on Flickr

50979965571_38f95e2443_z.jpgEdwardian Terraced House by Laurie Bennett, on Flickr

Thank you for looking,

Laurie

Great one! You've captured all the details perfectly. :thumbup:

This is fantastic!  The scale is deceptive at first glance, and you've made great use of it.  Wonderful job capturing so many of the details and design elements, and you've kept the look even with the foreshortening.  Would love to see the entire facade done this way!  :classic:

Ah very nice!  I'm very familiar with these type houses, as they're all over the UK, and you've captured it perfectly!  And though I'm not a mod, I can tell you this is the right forum for your MOC!