Sign in to follow this  
Angeli

Nocturnus - The Drow return

So much happiness. So much light. And bah, the green is everywhere - you become complacent while we were exiled. You brawl, but you don;t know the meaning of the word evil. You don;t know the darks of the underworld of Nocturnus

But you will remember

And dark of the Drow will mark you all. Drow rule supreme!

We were exiled. You can;t imagine the dangers and hardship of hellish lands we landed - but we managed to stand tall, and subdue. Our armies have multiplied tenfolds. Our armor is beter, our weapons sharper - and we are here to bring glory to the Nocturnus, the forgoten guild.
We have landed in the Porth Wrath in Butcher's Bay, or what is left of it, and we spread trough the country under the cover of darknes, rebuilding our fallen forteresses under the dark of the night.

Behold, the new tower of Elostirion:

m1.jpgm2.jpgm3.jpgm4.jpgm5.jpg

Well now, hello there :)
I am back, with ton of new reations :)
Tower of Elostirion (named as one of the towers in Middle Earth, Tolkien) is 2.1m tall, and all in black. It is massive and very detailed, but black is notoriously hard to take picture of :)
My boy (one year and four months) is helping with setup, and is also super for scale :)

The Drow are back, and will burn trough the GoH :)
And also some nice contests will be in the future )(remember the Drow Gladiator Games or Drow Beauty Contest?:) What do you say for 100 armor, 100 helmet, 100 swords and 100 shealds for your army? And many other prizes, once I handle real life obligations of moving into new place, we will get with the new contest, totally similar as previous two - you build a minifig from your guild and add a back story and I will write the story for contest, and pure fandomness (luck) will determine who will get the prize and who knows, maybe a badge, or title or color TV set - we will see :D

Joking aside, it has been so long since I took part in GoH, I could be considered a green Drow (nothing green is good, damn those Avalonians in their green tights and all that song and happines!)

The Drow army is ready to saw some conflict, 10.000 strong (in real life), pictures will come in April

m6.jpgm7.jpgm9.jpg

link to larger pictures (link) (when approved by moderators, if that is still a thing on brickshelf:)

That is a massive tower, nice use of your son for comparison.  Nice representation of Tolkien's work.  Really looking forward to seeing that Drow army.  Brings back memories of reading forgotten realms and other fantasy novels.  I remember reading tales of Bregan D'aerthe and Jarlaxle.  It will be nice to see how you have represented the Drow.  

Awesome tower!  I too have had issues photographing black buildings.  I turned up the ISO and left the shutter open a bunch to get more light on my last building - it worked ok to show detail but does make the building look brighter than it should (similar to your middle shot above).  I can see a decent amount of detail in that first shot of yours and the building still looks black.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:29 AM, zoth33 said:

That is a massive tower, nice use of your son for comparison.  Nice representation of Tolkien's work.  Really looking forward to seeing that Drow army.  Brings back memories of reading forgotten realms and other fantasy novels.  I remember reading tales of Bregan D'aerthe and Jarlaxle.  It will be nice to see how you have represented the Drow.  

thank you, go trough Goh, there are many of my old builds, although, from the start, book 1 :)

On 2/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, Angeli said:

thank you, go trough Goh, there are many of my old builds, although, from the start, book 1 :)

Thanks.  I've seen a lot of your builds over the years.  Very impressive and well thought out builds you have.  And I like a lot of your figs too.  Look forward to seeing more.