JLiu15

Extending linear actuators in Stud.io

Hey guys, so I'm trying to use a mini linear actuator in a digital build that will be at its fully extended position. The mini linear actuator, however, is "stuck" at its fully retracted position in Stud.io. I've seen files others created with extendable linear actuators, but those are see-thru when collision is turned on (meaning there's an issue) and when I create instructions, it has you assemble the individual components of the actuator! :laugh:

I've read in another topic that you have to "break" them into their components/subparts. However, I'm not sure what this means. Is this done in Stud.io or PartDesigner? I've tried playing around with the features in PartDesigner on a miniLA, but so far had no luck extending the rod.

Any help from Stud.io experts will be appreciated :classic:

I have a parts pack containing LAs separated into components. You can get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xQTBbPcWl3zWQh60XOSxWvkOpqj2rqJI/view?usp=sharing To use it, unzip it and place its contents in your C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Stud.io . Spike Prime parts will then be available in Custom Parts palette of Studio.

On 1/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, JLiu15 said:

Any help from Stud.io experts will be appreciated :classic:

...and no, i'm not a Stud.io expert!

1 hour ago, Philo said:

I have a parts pack containing LAs separated into components. You can get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xQTBbPcWl3zWQh60XOSxWvkOpqj2rqJI/view?usp=sharing To use it, unzip it and place its contents in your C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Stud.io . Spike Prime parts will then be available in Custom Parts palette of Studio.

...and no, i'm not a Stud.io expert!

Thanks! I'll check it out :classic: