Sign in to follow this  
ngen33r

Help connecting a 3040 Slope to an axle through a beam

I am seeking the advice of some of you masters. I am working on a MOC and I need to connect a slope to an axle and have it go through a beam and be adjustable in and out. I also need the slope to be secured well to the axle. It seems that some new parts are out this year that would help, but I don't expect them to be available for quite some time. The beams must face holes up but a 90 degree twisted connection would work between t beams that are holes up.

Here is a link to one of the new beams 6321716 that would make life easier:

hss6r0qn1g561.png

Here is my initial concept, however the slope is not secure in place and could easily be knocked off and the assembly is quite clunky. The only requirements are that the beams remain rigid and the slope is adjustable

https://i.imgur.com/a/UGGSSOI

Open to any ideas that may use some parts I don't have yet.

Thank You

6 hours ago, ngen33r said:

Here is my initial concept,

Not really good. The slope would need to be locked in at the top, anyway. At one stuf wide only this is never ever going to have any devent stability to begin with. Whatever you have in mind will require a radically different approach, but since you haven't actually explained what you are trying to achieve, it's impossible to advise.

Mylenium

Does it have to be a 1x wide slope? As there are better technic bricks with axle holes that will hold the axle more securely plus you can use an axle with a stop end to stop it pulling out.

13 hours ago, Mylenium said:

Not really good. The slope would need to be locked in at the top, anyway. At one stuf wide only this is never ever going to have any devent stability to begin with. Whatever you have in mind will require a radically different approach, but since you haven't actually explained what you are trying to achieve, it's impossible to advise.

Mylenium

I kind of wanted to keep it top secret until I get it working (I understand this isn't beneficial), but it will be my entry for the GBC in Virginia this year.

I did eventually realize that #4 axle connectors also serve a similar purpose

The design must be 1 stud wide because a GBC ball runs perfectly using studded technic beams in a 3x4 configuration and it needs to fit inside the gaps on the sides. I will share some pictures, I promise let me get it running first.

https://imgur.com/a/FyQMjSr

Edited by ngen33r