Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People are going to love this, well at least I do anyway

Well my reaction was a bit mixed :tongue: Some great stuff and some more disappointing stuff as well.

Anyway you guys are in for it!

5 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Promobricks is premiering a YouTube video in 10 min for HP Summer 2021 👀

Thanks for the heads up :sweet:
If it is in German I may not understand much, but it should be translated soon enough :tongue:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the heads up :sweet:
If it is in German I may not understand much, but it should be translated soon enough :tongue:

Yeah I'm gonna watch it anyway hoping for some translations on screen lol

Just now, YetiZombie said:

They're making a new modular hogwarts that isn't compatible with the old one???

That is correct. 

They posted the article on their website. So Hogsmeade is onlt the $80 set? Interesting.

I'm kinda pumped for the modular! I'm not into the annual playset sets, and this could be the way we get a more detailed Hogwarts that's not microscale!

Edit: From their description though it doesn't seem too detailed, so maybe it's not for me after all. 

Edited by Modal

Promobricks just posted their article btw, so for English speakers, that's the place to look (with google translate)

So this basically confirms that the $250 set has to be Gringotts, yea?

These are some strange choices..why are they rebooting the Great Hall just 3 years after it came out? And apparently it has sand green roofs?

Got an extra bit of info for you guys: the unnamed teacher and student in the big Hogwarts set are professor Sinestra and Justin Finch-Fletchly :wink:

The minifigures in each set are fantastic. So many new and unique characters. But I'm bummed that they're abandoning the "old" modular hogwarts

Just now, YetiZombie said:

The minifigures in each set are fantastic. So many new and unique characters. But I'm bummed that they're abandoning the "old" modular hogwarts

This isn't based on any particular info but I have a feeling this is just for the anniversary wave: stackable modular sets with green roofs to mimick the old ones. I think in August they'll go back to normal. 

These all sound great, but I hope the remaining 5 are based on DH :tongue: So 3 modular sets and one stand-alone... Wait a minute, this is either a ridiculous coincidence or that random guy on IG was actually right :laugh_hard:

And I'm glad they took a page out of the Ninjago book by adding golden minifigs instead of classic ones with an anniversary logo on the back :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Really excited for these, and it’s Lego so it’s all compatible. All of it, you can mix and match anything. So rebooting the modular Hogwarts isn’t such a bad thing

Is anyone concerned though that the Great Hall seems to be less detailed than the 2018 model? It sounds like they're going back to the old Hogwarts sets, which are very unappealing to me personally.

I'm assuming it's done intentionally as an anniversary wave? Odd choice to me personally but I guess nostalgia brings in the $$

Most exciting sets are still the $199 and $249 ones.

Edited by Modal

1 minute ago, Modal said:

Is anyone concerned though that the Great Hall seems to be less detailed than the 2018 model? It sounds like they're going back to the old Hogwarts sets, which are very unappealing to me personally.

I wouldn't be worried too much:

1. It's just for these anniversary sets
  2. The techniques have improved significantly since then, so even if they want to invoke some nostalgia, they'll still fit in in with other modern models :classic:

So this wave basically includes (almost) everything people still wanted from the first three films: Fluffy, Crabbe & Goyle (albeit polyjuiced), Cat Hermione, a proper Basilisk, more random students, PS Griphook, and Hogsmeade :laugh: Well done. 

Wait hold up? They're remaking the Great Hall?! I was only joking about that just couple weeks ago now it's true,I should had kept my mouth shut :iamded_lol:

I’m really excited by this anniversary wave. I love the idea of the golden minifigures of the main 3, and I’m sure we can refit the sets to fit in existing ones too somehow!