Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Man, February and March went by so fast... hope it's the same with April

I feel the same way - waiting is not fun at all... Summer/September, come here already! 

On 4/10/2021 at 3:07 AM, pancakecrocodile said:

Man, February and March went by so fast... hope it's the same with April

They reason time feels like it's going faster as you get older is because, the first year you are born is your whole life, an entire year. But when it's your second year as a person, you are only living half your life, then the third year you are living 1 third of your life, etc. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

So - since Spinosaurus won’t be in one of these 2021 sets - I’m assuming there is no “anniversary” set for Jurasic Park iII, right? 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

So - since Spinosaurus won’t be in one of these 2021 sets - I’m assuming there is no “anniversary” set for Jurasic Park iII, right? 

Probably not. We still have 76943, but I don't know if that will even be a set, or what it would look like- as far as we can tell, probably not. The biggest dinosaur I'd expect is a recolored Carnotaurus for the 4 main sets. But, you never can tell with Lego...

Edited by pancakecrocodile
Clarification

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nope.

Not related to Lego, but what are your thoughts about Elon Musks company saying they could create dinosaurs? It was something like that.

Personally I think as long as it is contained and extremely well maintained, I would love to see them create a dinosaur, our reality is getting a bit boring and depressing, this might change that haha.

4 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Not related to Lego, but what are your thoughts about Elon Musks company saying they could create dinosaurs? It was something like that.

You couldn‘t make this sh*t up :laugh_hard: Have we learned NOTHING from these films? Part of me hopes this happens, simply because the thought of Musk getting devoured by a particularly vicious dinosaur does put a smile on my face :devil_laugh: The guy is essentially a cartoony villain by this point

Edited by Lego-Freak

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You couldn‘t make this sh*t up :laugh_hard: Have we learned NOTHING from these films? Part of me hopes this happens, simply because the thought of Musk getting devoured by a particularly vicious dinosaur does put a smile on my face :devil_laugh: The guy is essentially a cartoony villain by this point

LOL! 

Also, there is Jack Horner worn his own research by turning a chicken into dinosaurida chicken known as “Chickensaurus”. He and his research team beleive it may be completed by 2025. 

Well, I have no absolute interest seeing robots with dinosaur disguises if Elon is planning to open the “real” Jurassic Park in a few years from now. 

Now back to Lego topic, please, everyone!

a lego jurassic world magazine has just leaked. We can see the dilophosaurus that appeared in 2018 in the colors of the 2015 dilophosaurus.

a lego jurassic world magazine has just leaked. We can see the dilophosaurus that appeared in 2018 in the colors of the 2015 dilophosaurus.

image.png.5da0627e892d487d336077198c54c974.png

Sorry but there was probably a problem with my computer writing.

57 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

image.png.5da0627e892d487d336077198c54c974.png

Sorry but there was probably a problem with my computer writing.

No problem! Is this a real leak for this year?

yes but I believe there is contempt. The Dilophosaurus is right on the cover. He may therefore be in the new sets.

18 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

yes but I believe there is contempt. The Dilophosaurus is right on the cover. He may therefore be in the new sets.

I see... but also in the comic was Brachiosaurus and Allosaurus, so that may be just a random item, or it could be a rejuvenation? I guess we have yet to see.

3 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I see... but also in the comic was Brachiosaurus and Allosaurus, so that may be just a random item, or it could be a rejuvenation? I guess we have yet to see.

Just about to say the same thing but with this: the 2018 Dilophosaurus colouring on the 2019 Dilophosaurus mold was originally from 2019, in Lego Jurassic World Legends of Isla Nublar bonus feature called Nedry's Tour. So it is just like the dinosaurs that are seen in the show that arent in the sets like, Allosaurus, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Compsognathus, Stegosaurus, Sinoceratops, the hybrids, etc.

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Yeah, i mean, Brachi is highly unlikely to make its an appearance in one of these sets this year. Allosaurus is fairly likely but well the comic portably doesn’t offer a hint. 

Ugh, I hate wiating! What a brutal torture Lego has done to us! 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ugh, I hate wiating! What a brutal torture Lego has done to us! 

Not intentionally at least :shrug_oh_well: Remember, if it weren‘t for the pandemic, the JWD sets would be released in less than a month :laugh: 

This isn't wishlisting, but I've narrowed any new dinosaur candidates down to 3 possibilities: Sinoceratops, Allosaurus, or Parasaurolophus.

• Sinoceratops would just have a new head mold on a Triceratops body, so it would be the most likely and easiest to produce.
  • Allosaurus would have a Baryonyx body, legs, and tail with T-rex arms (probably). The head would be similar to the Indoraptor's so it could fit the same jaw.
  • Parasaurolophus would most likely utilize a T-rex body, legs, and tail, with new arm and head molds.

Does that sound about right?

2 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

This isn't wishlisting, but I've narrowed any new dinosaur candidates down to 3 possibilities: Sinoceratops, Allosaurus, or Parasaurolophus.

• Sinoceratops would just have a new head mold on a Triceratops body, so it would be the most likely and easiest to produce.
  • Allosaurus would have a Baryonyx body, legs, and tail with T-rex arms (probably). The head would be similar to the Indoraptor's so it could fit the same jaw.
  • Parasaurolophus would most likely utilize a T-rex body, legs, and tail, with new arm and head molds.

Does that sound about right?

All I can say is: not this year.

49 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Do you know if there will be another Lego Jurassic World show this year? 

I don't think so.

We can still see that lego has put the package on the new harry potter molds (basil, elves, cerberus ...). The situation may not be so desperate for lego jurassic world.

27 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

We can still see that lego has put the package on the new harry potter molds (basil, elves, cerberus ...). The situation may not be so desperate for lego jurassic world.

You can't compare the two. Harry Potter has a full budget for these sets while these 4 Jurassic World sets are a very small part of the Dominion wave that can still be released this year. Most of the budget was put into to the Dominion sets and these 4 got the short end of the stick.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can't compare the two. Harry Potter has a full budget for these sets while these 4 Jurassic World sets are a very small part of the Dominion wave that can still be released this year. Most of the budget was put into to the Dominion sets and these 4 got the short end of the stick.

Good point.

Honestly, the biggest dinosaur I'm expecting this year is a re-colored Carnotaurus or T-Rex. We're probably only gonna get 2 new dinosaurs (one in 76941, and the other with an existing dinosaur in 76942) but they will not be the best things Lego makes. Trust me.