Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

There is no possibility that the “Baryonyx Boat Attack” has been mistranslated from “Spinosaurus Boat Attack.” There is no evidence whatsoever to support this - to say there is “not a lot of evidence” implies there is some evidence. There is none. And a random Jurassic Park 3 20th Anniversary set makes zero sense. Again, this is not even a remote possibility based on any evidence or logic. This is another wishlist item. Please do not mislead people or get their hopes up for a Spinosaurus that we will not be getting. 

Plus didn't Guyon already deconfirm this?

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

In that new 'everyone is awesome' set, the darker blue figure has hair that looks similar to Kenjis lol...

You might be onto something. A leaker (no idea who) has said that the hairpiece appears in another set this year, and there aren’t that many options left (Star Wars, Marvel, Mario, Seinfeld, and Home Alone can be savely ruled out, leaving only Monkie Kid and Jurassic World) :classic:

8 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Plus didn't Guyon already deconfirm this?

i really hope so. I think the spino is like the most wanted lego dinosaur, and also camp creataceous does have a spinosaur, doesn't it? but again, it also has baryonyx. i'm still a bit confused as to how people got this info on the sets. As for the other sets, seems like there isn't any thing much that will be new... however, possibly a new molding.

Edited by JLR

One thing i'm hoping with the rumored carnotourus set- i'm thinking lego might make a slight new molding with the head piece, as the one from 2018 was a little on the big side. Do you guys think these sets will be based off of Camp Creataceous, or just off something more random?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You might be onto something. A leaker (no idea who) has said that the hairpiece appears in another set this year, and there aren’t that many options left (Star Wars, Marvel, Mario, Seinfeld, and Home Alone can be savely ruled out, leaving only Monkie Kid and Jurassic World) :classic:

Well that sounds awesome lol! :D

I think the only other possible set it could go to is for Seinfeld, but even then, it doesn't really fit, so I would bet it goes to Jurassic World!

Edit: We forgot about Stranger Things...

1 hour ago, JLR said:

Do you guys think these sets will be based off of Camp Creataceous, or just off something more random?

The dinosaurs in the set names are off 'main' dinosaurs in the show, so it would make sense right?

But it is possible and likely for a mixture of random and movies/show.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

6 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

The dinosaurs in the set names are off 'main' dinosaurs in the show, so it would make sense right?

But it is possible and likely for a mixture of random and movies/show.

I agree - 

and we have Bump mold in Lab Breakout which it’s kinda random. And I-rex vs Ankylosaurus is only the set of 2020 wave that is based off the movie. 

I’m pretty sure we will have another a mix it urge of make-up and movie/tv show for 2021 wave. And I am okay with it as long as dinosaurs are cool!

16 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

And a random Jurassic Park 3 20th Anniversary set makes zero sense. 

To be honest, I agree with you. I mean, it doens’t make sense fi they do Jurasic Park 3 anniveary set if there is NO Lost World anniveary set. Of course, everyone here are aware that Guyon did deconfirm that there is no Spinosaurus or anniveary set this year. That’s all I wanted to say. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7

7 hours ago, JLR said:

One thing i'm hoping with the rumored carnotourus set- i'm thinking lego might make a slight new molding with the head piece, as the one from 2018 was a little on the big side. Do you guys think these sets will be based off of Camp Creataceous, or just off something more random?

I hope we can see a new (smaller) body, jaw, head, leg, and tail mold  for the Carno that can be used for a potential Allo, Cerato, etc in the future. It makes sense we would get a smaller mold at some point anyway, but who knows?

Edited by pancakecrocodile

The official Jurassic World account just shared a sneak peek of an upcoming Target exclusive toy set by Mattel featuring (finally!) the iconic Jurassic Park Ford Explorer along with Rexy and Tim. This is incredibly exciting news because, if I’m not mistaken, the reason we never got the JP Ford Explorer as a LEGO set was because Ford hadn’t released toy rights for this vehicle. It looks like Ford has released the toy rights now, so we could have a JP Ford Explorer set in LEGO form soon! If anyone has more info about the JP vehicles, please share.

awesome! that would be super cool! We have never gotten a JP jeep in Lego before, so this would be super if lego did make something similar. We don't have target here in Canada, so i won't be getting this unfortunately lol.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

The official Jurassic World account just shared a sneak peek of an upcoming Target exclusive toy set by Mattel featuring (finally!) the iconic Jurassic Park Ford Explorer along with Rexy and Tim. This is incredibly exciting news because, if I’m not mistaken, the reason we never got the JP Ford Explorer as a LEGO set was because Ford hadn’t released toy rights for this vehicle. It looks like Ford has released the toy rights now, so we could have a JP Ford Explorer set in LEGO form soon! If anyone has more info about the JP vehicles, please share.

Maybe we could see one in 76940...? Extremely unlikely, but a neat prospect!

9 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I think the issue for LEGO was more so that a deal with Ford either didn't work out or that they didn't have the leftover budget to get the Ford Explorer license. Matchbox (a subsidiary of Mattel) has produced several JP-themed Ford Explorers since 2018 and if I recall correctly Tomica released their first Explorer in 2019 so the toy rights have been around for a while, they're just making a big deal out of this reveal as the Legacy Collection has become one of Mattel's most popular lines. 

Besides that I also don't think LEGO has much of an interest in creating more Jurassic Park products as they only released 2 sets in the 4 years (I'm excluding the first wave of products here as we have no idea what the status of the license was in 2016-2017) they've had the license, one of which was a 25th anniversary set and the other a D2C that sold horribly as far as I know. 

Edited by lego_guyon02

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Thoughts on that hairpiece going to Kenji?

I highly doubt they'd make that new piece for just this Pride/Monochrome set so it's definitely possible. We just don't really know what these 2021 sets are based on, we can only guess.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I highly doubt they'd make that new piece for just this Pride/Monochrome set so it's definitely possible. We just don't really know what these 2021 sets are based on, we can only guess.

Yeah, I thought something similar before, that why would Lego make a new hairpiece when they could just use existing molds like literally all the other minifigures.

42 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

What colorations can we expect this year, or at least what's a good guess?

Could literally be anything lol. But a good guess, I reckon maybe Camp Cretaceous dinosaurs like Toro, or Grim/Limbo.

Seeing how the Monolophosaurus and Ouranosaurus Mattel toys are both in Camp Cretaceous packaging and in the show (same for species like, Gallimimus, Dimorphodon etc), it's possible that the black Stygimoloch Mattel toy could be the same colour scheme for the Stygimoloch Escape set

Edited by AxolotlPlays

lego tends to make their dinos a bit flashy, which in my opinion isn't the best... i prefer more natural tones. What about you guys?

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

What colorations can we expect this year, or at least what's a good guess?

Banana yellow! Saffron! Tunisia! Scarlet! Indigo! Lavender! Midnight blue! Forest green! Acid green! Hot pink! Vermillion! Pewter! Greenish gray! Chocolate brown! Electrical blue! 

What? These are not good guesses I make? Ok, ok, okay, sorry....

Now I will give you my good guesses. Stygimoloch would be either black or dark blue. Carnotarus and Baryonyx may be based off Camp Cretaceous so they may have same colors as the ones from tv show. I don’t think Lego would do any flamboyant colors tho but it won’t be impossible. 

25 minutes ago, JLR said:

lego tends to make their dinos a bit flashy, which in my opinion isn't the best... i prefer more natural tones. What about you guys?

Yeah, i dont’t think they will like to use any flamboyant colors but it won’t be impossible. If I remember correctly, there is a white stingray from Ninjago. 

haha. a blue stigimoloch would be interesting! I personally would like lego to make more realistic coloring for the dinos, but hey, we don't even know what dinos really looked like!

1 hour ago, JLR said:

haha. a blue stigimoloch would be interesting! I personally would like lego to make more realistic coloring for the dinos, but hey, we don't even know what dinos really looked like!

Blue Stiyglochoh should look interesting in my opinion! But yes, natural colors would be very nice. 

Scientists will find a way or another to analyze fossils to determine what colors dinosaurs would look like as I heard. Everyone, sorry if it’s off topic!