Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok, I have to say - Scorpius Rex is a terrible name, in my opinion. Sorry if it’s off topic.....

Not at all! I think it is just another thing Universal can slap a trademark symbol on, like the Indominus and Indoraptor. Universal is turning into Disney!! :oh3:

3 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

OOPS!!! My mistake, I misread the search bar. It said CC S2 comes out in January. Do we know when CC S3 comes out? September...?

Around may. 

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Around may. 

So the $80 actually could have Scorpius-Rex (along with some other large dinosaur). That would be a bit disappointing, as I am sick of hybrids, but I guess it would be neat to see...:shrug_confused:

Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

So the $80 actually could have Scorpius-Rex (along with some other large dinosaur). That would be a bit disappointing, as I am sick of hybrids, but I guess it would be neat to see...:shrug_confused:

Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough

Unless LEGO does something weird the Scorpius Rex isn't coming in a set this year.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unless LEGO does something weird the Scorpius Rex isn't coming in a set this year.

Whew! I was getting a little worried there! If it's an inconvenience to Lego, they won't make it at all. Thank goodness!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Around may. 

Awesome!! :D

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Huh.. are the sets random then?

27 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Huh.. are the sets random then?

Can't say anything about it but I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can't say anything about it but I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion.

Well, you said something like 'unless Lego does something weird, we won't see Scorpius Rex', and before you sent that I assumed it would be like the 2020 sets with 3 random sets and 1 movie/show set. But because you ruled out Camp Cretaceous, I guess I just assumed it will be like the 2019 sets, random lol.

And now because you have said that I am interpreting that the sets are all random and you can't get in trouble because technically, you never said the sets are random, and I don't think anyone can get disappointed about not getting random sets haha. (Plus I don't think that counts as wishlisting so I should be in the clear lol)

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Well, you said something like 'unless Lego does something weird, we won't see Scorpius Rex', and before you sent that I assumed it would be like the 2020 sets with 3 random sets and 1 movie/show set. But because you ruled out Camp Cretaceous, I guess I just assumed it will be like the 2019 sets, random lol.

And now because you have said that I am interpreting that the sets are all random and you can't get in trouble because technically, you never said the sets are random, and I don't think anyone can get disappointed about not getting random sets haha. (Plus I don't think that counts as wishlisting so I should be in the clear lol)

I didn't say anything about the source material for these sets.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I didn't say anything about the source material for these sets.

I know :) 

I was just answering your previous question and then added some unplanned speculation type thing lol, maybe more of my train of thoughts :/ lol

I'm a little nervous about the dinosaurs this year. Lego is making so many budget cuts, and I'm worried that this year's dinosaurs are not going to be very detailed or look very accurate. My expectations are set very low, 'cause I honestly don't think Lego's going to go out of their way to improve JW.

Also, does anyone else think a new ceratopsian might be in 76941? The pieces count, the price, it really all adds up. Maybe it would be similar to 5885 back in 2012? But we'll ultimately have to wait and see.

4 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I'm a little nervous about the dinosaurs this year. Lego is making so many budget cuts, and I'm worried that this year's dinosaurs are not going to be very detailed or look very accurate. My expectations are set very low, 'cause I honestly don't think Lego's going to go out of their way to improve JW.

Also, does anyone else think a new ceratopsian might be in 76941? The pieces count, the price, it really all adds up. Maybe it would be similar to 5885 back in 2012? But we'll ultimately have to wait and see.

I mean this year was supposed to have a giant Dominion wave in Spring and a small non-Dominion wave in September - probably most of the men's budget went to Dominion sets, so I guess this year's sets will end up being disappointing. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean this year was supposed to have a giant Dominion wave in Spring and a small non-Dominion wave in September - probably most of the men's budget went to Dominion sets, so I guess this year's sets will end up being disappointing. 

Agreed. Unfortunately agreed. The biggest new dinosaur we'll get is probably Stegosaurus, if anything

I think we will be getting sets from the lego Double Trouble serie this year and maybe one our two jurassic world camp cretaceous sets.

3 hours ago, Bababricks said:

I think we will be getting sets from the lego Double Trouble serie this year and maybe one our two jurassic world camp cretaceous sets.

That would actually be neat to see. We haven't seen any sets for that yet, which I'm pretty surprised. I believe at least some of the sets will be CC inspired, as it would be a great marketing ploy. But because most of the JW budget went to Dominion wave, I wouldn't expect anything too great, just because Lego would have to liscence it from Lego, and only 4 sets for CC does NOT seem like a lot.  I'd still love to see 2 molded baby Indominus!

Speaking of Double Trouble....Have anyone ever watched that one? I haven’t gotten a chance and I have no idea where it is now.

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of Double Trouble....Have anyone ever watched that one? I haven’t gotten a chance and I have no idea where it is now.

It's release was very weird so I still haven't seen it.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's release was very weird so I still haven't seen it.

Kinda strange Lego would make such a merch-able episode like that without making sets, per-say... maybe these sets do include at least aspects from it? I'd love to see new baby Indoms!

2 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Kinda strange Lego would make such a merch-able episode like that without making sets, per-say... maybe these sets do include at least aspects from it? I'd love to see new baby Indoms!

I thought the Gallimimus and Pteranodon outbreak set was based on double trouble? (Also I have not found it either, same with the dinosaur adventures book)

30 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I thought the Gallimimus and Pteranodon outbreak set was based on double trouble? (Also I have not found it either, same with the dinosaur adventures book)

Yes you thought right. I remember seeing that image with I-rex babies. Like guyon2002, the release was really weird.... so we don’t know when we will watch it yet. 

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

THAT'S where that awful vehicle came from! I like the look of the set, but that Batmobile-esque vehicle has no place in JW saga. I personally like the look of it, but not in JW sets. Maybe we could see some more Double Trouble sets this year? I don't know what dinos were in it, so I'm completely in the dark here

7 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

THAT'S where that awful vehicle came from! I like the look of the set, but that Batmobile-esque vehicle has no place in JW saga. I personally like the look of it, but not in JW sets. Maybe we could see some more Double Trouble sets this year? I don't know what dinos were in it, so I'm completely in the dark here

Meh, I didn't mind it, maybe people would've liked it more if the price was lower :/ 

Yeah, thats probably what will happen. If you look at this wave (2021 and 2022) like covid never existed and the sets waves were merged back together, and you were the Lego group, why would you spend the budget on new molds for the sets that aren't related to the new movie that everyone is excited for, just doesn't make sense in a business POV, but who knows, we might get lucky :(

fingers crossed for something good!

20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I managed to finally find it streaming in the UK back in January. Managed to watch it wit a VPN. But yeah, its been the most difficult LEGO video for me to find ever! Its on DVD in the states,  but still no sign of a release date elsewhere!