Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Hoping Snow White is able to be approved in the final stage.

It says the builder hasn't been able to "tick off all the boxes needed to move forward" so I don't know what that's code for. I didn't consider the minifigure limit but you can't really have the Seven Dwarfs cottage without all Seven Dwarfs. Perhaps Snow White could be cut if she was guaranteed a spot in a potential CMF Series 3 (alongside the Evil Queen or Witch).

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like we’re getting 3 sets based on Lightyear next year :thumbup: Didn’t expect that

I wonder if Evil Emperor Zurg will be in the movie / sets... he's the only fig from the 2010 Toy Story wave I don't have, and the only "tall fig" I wanted but never purchased!

(I would also love to have figs from the original TV show from the late '90's, but it's so neglected I know that won't happen. :hmpf_bad: )

15 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

I wonder if Evil Emperor Zurg will be in the movie / sets...

VERY unlikely, considering this is not directly set in the Toy Story universe. It’s the story of the astronaut that inspired the toy :classic:

I’m hoping that the Snow White Cottage needing further review does not mean that they’re gonna replace the minifigures that Hanwasyellowfirst intended there to be included with minidolls .. please Lego don’t ruin it by doing this. Also it’s the 85th anniversary next year wonder if that might be anything to do with it ? Not that it would come out next year .. I’m glad it wasn’t a no this time .. but it’ll be a day one purchase for me if it goes ahead 

I am interested in the Snow White set but if they replace the minifigs with minidolls, forget it.

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’m hoping that the Snow White Cottage needing further review does not mean that they’re gonna replace the minifigures that Hanwasyellowfirst intended there to be included with minidolls .. please Lego don’t ruin it by doing this. Also it’s the 85th anniversary next year wonder if that might be anything to do with it ? Not that it would come out next year .. I’m glad it wasn’t a no this time .. but it’ll be a day one purchase for me if it goes ahead 

Same. I'll lose interest if we get minidolls. The Frozen Castle having minidolls wasn't that bad because at least Elsa and Anna already had minifigures available and Olaf works either way. This is probably the only chance we'll get to see all seven dwarfs in minifigure format though.

With the recent news that Lego is going to stop marketing their products with boy/girl labels, I wonder what that means about the continued production of minidolls in general.

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

I am interested in the Snow White set but if they replace the minifigs with minidolls, forget it.

1) This is an Ideas set, so inserting minidolls would make little sense, considering they weren’t in the original submission either

2) How on Earth would they design minidolls based on the dwarves? :head_back:

If we’re lucky enough to get the Snow White Cottage set, would we get seven separate “head molds” for the dwarfs? Seems unlikely. I’m only basing this on the fact that several figs in the CMF series were not given “proper” head molds. I wonder if the set would include Snow White, the witch, Grumpy, and Dopey. They seem to be the most popular dwarfs.

37 minutes ago, BrickCity said:

If we’re lucky enough to get the Snow White Cottage set, would we get seven separate “head molds” for the dwarfs? Seems unlikely. I’m only basing this on the fact that several figs in the CMF series were not given “proper” head molds. I wonder if the set would include Snow White, the witch, Grumpy, and Dopey. They seem to be the most popular dwarfs.

I’ve thought about this too .. only my opinion but in the CMF’s the characters with moulded heads tend to non human .. Mickey, Donald etc .. but human ish  characters tend to be regular minifigs .. Ariel, Maleficent etc .. so I would hope they’d make the dwarfs exactly as they are in the creators design .. apart from one .. Dopey .. he definitely needs his ears .. made like the elf hats but with proper Dopey ears .. they were such a huge part of his character seeing as he didn’t talk. I’m also thinking they couldn’t make the set and only include a couple of them .. the only thing I can think of there is that I’m sure someone else designed a Diamond mine set so perhaps some Dwarfs could be included in this and the others in the cottage set 😁 

Edited by Jarreth2

If they make the cottage and only have a couple of Dwarfs, it will hurt their sales quite a bit. Right now, I want it, but if they only include 2 or 3 of the 7, forget it.

And they could do minidolls using the new "little kid" torsos. Fingers crossed they don't, as that is also a deal breaker for me.

….Snow White Cottage sets will have minidoll? Nah, I will abndaon it. I prefer minifigures anyways. 

Well, I’m glad that someone is interested in that set.

29 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

….Snow White Cottage sets will have minidoll? Nah, I will abndaon it. I prefer minifigures anyways. 

Who or where has said so? I haven't seen any information besides that they're reviewing it further.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Who or where has said so? I haven't seen any information besides that they're reviewing it further.

Oh! Sorry for my own misunderstanding. I thought it was confirmed but now you mentioend “review futher”. 

Now we are on the same page. 

On 10/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like we’re getting 3 sets based on Lightyear next year :thumbup: Didn’t expect that

That's very interesting- usually movies tend to get one or two sets so I wonder if it has a lot of characters similar to Eternals or if there's just a ton of potential ideas for sets in the movie.

I mean, Lightyear for all intents and purposes is going to be a Toy Story movie so that might be factoring into the decision to budget three separate sets for it.

13 hours ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

That's very interesting- usually movies tend to get one or two sets so I wonder if it has a lot of characters similar to Eternals or if there's just a ton of potential ideas for sets in the movie.

I bet it'll be a 4+ wave given recent trends, and those have gotten more than two sets in the past. Thinking Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2. It's generally only the MCU that sometimes gets just one or two sets for certain films.

There are also rumoured to be three Encanto sets, which is expected enough, but two are some sort of books.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:30 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

VERY unlikely, considering this is not directly set in the Toy Story universe. It’s the story of the astronaut that inspired the toy :classic:

Ah man, I didn’t realize the synopsis of the movie was based on the astronaut that inspired the toy. That kind of bums me out. I was really hoping for some Lightyear vs Zurg clashing in the movie. :sad:

The first trailer for Lightyear just dropped :thumbup: It‘s not as grounded as previously thought, but looks exciting nonetheless :classic: It‘s just weird to think that aliens exist in the Toy Story universe… then again, we‘re talking about a universe with living toys as its protagonists :laugh_hard:

On 10/23/2021 at 4:28 AM, Moon_Knight said:

Ah man, I didn’t realize the synopsis of the movie was based on the astronaut that inspired the toy. That kind of bums me out. I was really hoping for some Lightyear vs Zurg clashing in the movie. :sad:

Looks like this may happen after all :grin:

That is one toyetic starfighter.  I want it at the $80 price point like an X-wing.  Since this is a Pixar movie, though, we'll be lucky to get a $20 Juniors version.

Edit, Instagram says 76832, $49.99, April 2022, not a 4+ set.  If we get Buzz's spaceship as a $50 set like the $50 X-wing, that'll be great too.

Edited by icm

That trailer looks infinitastic!:grin_wub: Can't wait!

On 10/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

That's great news! I was wondering if that would be the case as soon as I saw the trailer, especially with MacLane directing. As everyone says, they'll likely be 4+ sets :hmpf: but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully Buzz will at least have that awesome detailed suit instead of just reusing the toy version. My sigfig could use an upgrade. :grin:

On 10/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, Moon_Knight said:

I don't see why Zurg couldn't be in the movie. As mentioned before, it's not as grounded as you might think, so anything could happen. I'm hoping for him too, even though I already have the fig.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection of the trailer, those are almost definitely Zurg bots in one of the scenes, so I wouldn't be surprised if the evil emperor himself makes an appearance in some form. :classic:

On 10/15/2021 at 1:11 PM, Murdoch17 said:

(I would also love to have figs from the original TV show from the late '90's, but it's so neglected I know that won't happen. :hmpf_bad: )

You and me both. :cry_sad:

The Lightyear trailer was great, and I'm excited to see what the sets look like! Really curious to see how they redesign Zurg (and maybe the little green men?) for this movie.

I'm confused that people thought it was going to be "grounded" though? Pixar, when they first announced this movie, said they had always thought that the Buzz Lightyear action figures/video games in Toy Story 1 and 2 probably had a big blockbuster movie to go with them in-universe. Like Andy saw a Buzz Lightyear movie and then wanted the merchandise/toys that came out with it. And Pixar just decided to actually make that Buzz Lightyear movie. So in that sense 2022's Lightyear is based on the "real" Buzz Lightyear...the Space Ranger who was stationed in the Gamma Quadrant of Sector 4 and fought the Evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance.

Just like his packaging says. :) I'm curious to see how much that box description has influenced this movie's story.