keineahnungbonzo

SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

Prepare yourself for some gritty space action waaay before a BSG reboot (featuring 90's hairdo and sometimes weird dialog)!

"Space: Above and beyond" (or Space: 2063 in german TV) was quite contrary to my beloved Star Trek. Nonetheless I liked it a lot back then. Most prominently of course, the iconic Hammerhead attack jet:

SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

Edited by keineahnungbonzo
360° view on YouTube available.

Hey, this is a great model, well done!

I love the use of the 1x1 tiles w/clip and the bars to form the hinge in the wings - very cool technique. :thumbup:

As one of the few other folks to have built an SA-43 for myself, I really appreciate seeing yours. Love it. :pir-love: 

On 12/12/2020 at 1:20 AM, manglegrat said:

Hey, this is a great model, well done!

I love the use of the 1x1 tiles w/clip and the bars to form the hinge in the wings - very cool technique. :thumbup:

As one of the few other folks to have built an SA-43 for myself, I really appreciate seeing yours. Love it. :pir-love: 

Thanks a lot! You are right, unfortunately there are far too few hammerhead-MOCs out there; always like to see different takes on the same model, like yours :thumbup:.

Was thinking about using plates for the wings as well. SNOT wings are pretty thick...

On 12/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, Professor Thaum said:

The technic for the wings is great (as said already)

:blush: Very nice of you! 

On 12/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, Professor Thaum said:

you achieved some cool angles on the hull.

Thanks to a X-wing canopy and a LOT of brackets... :pir-grin:

20 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Loocs amazing!

Thanks! :pir-laugh:

8 hours ago, keineahnungbonzo said:

Thanks a lot! You are right, unfortunately there are far too few hammerhead-MOCs out there; always like to see different takes on the same model, like yours :thumbup:.

Was thinking about using plates for the wings as well. SNOT wings are pretty thick...

Thanks back atcha, nippleneck! :wink:

Nice video, too. :sweet: I like the SNOT wings a lot - it's currently only a Stud.io digital build, I guess? Are you planning on building it for real? 

The older hinge type you used might have a bit more clutch on the bar/pipe than the newer variant, so I'd be curious how the wing hinge connection holds up to the weight of the bricks in real life! 

22 hours ago, manglegrat said:

Thanks back atcha, nippleneck! :wink:

Nice video, too. :sweet: I like the SNOT wings a lot - it's currently only a Stud.io digital build, I guess? Are you planning on building it for real? 

The older hinge type you used might have a bit more clutch on the bar/pipe than the newer variant, so I'd be curious how the wing hinge connection holds up to the weight of the bricks in real life! 

As you wish :poke: (it's a pretty mess of colours though)

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

I always do a test assembly, to see if it works (it's always embarrassing if not). Connections are not always as tight as expected :hmpf: I used the old-style clip mainly for style purpose, to smoothen the area a bit. As you can see, the new ones are working as well, through the sheer amount of clutch power I guess :snicker:

The model is pretty sturdy, even swooshable! :dhappy:

9 hours ago, keineahnungbonzo said:

As you wish :poke: (it's a pretty mess of colours though)

I always do a test assembly, to see if it works (it's always embarrassing if not). Connections are not always as tight as expected :hmpf: I used the old-style clip mainly for style purpose, to smoothen the area a bit. As you can see, the new ones are working as well, through the sheer amount of clutch power I guess :snicker:

The model is pretty sturdy, even swooshable! :dhappy:

Looks awesome so far! :pir-love:

I much prefer the style of the old clip variant, I'm sad they stopped producing them. I have my stocks of those under round the clock guard... :wink: