So I'm working on a LDD build based on Number 2's office from The Prisoner.

CSMKjle.jpg

The various minifigs and props I've built and have come out great, and I've gotten started on the room itself. I don't have a tremendous amount of experience building... er... buildings (as opposed to vehicles and props, etc), but building the walls of the room went alright until I got to the slopey bits at the bases of the walls/edge of the floor.

c1m1Iqz.png

As you can see, the current arrangement I've got for the slopey bits--4x8 plates flanked by 8x3 wedge tiles tilted "26.7" (I don't know if that's degrees or some other unit of measurement, but it's the number displayed in LDD's hinge tool)--doesn't fit at all, and trial and error hasn't been going great, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure that out. I have any specific requirements for how steep the slopey bits should be or how much room should be left for the flat part of the floor, but I want the edges of the wedges to be flush with one another so the bottom edges create a circle for the floor, and I'd prefer the slope be at an obtuse angle. There's probably math involved, but I'm at a loss as to the specifics. I don't math good.

There are twelve wall pieces, each with a footprint of 1x12, and the hinges between them are rotated 30 units (again, according to LDD's hinge tool). By a sheer stroke of luck, this turned out to be exactly the right size, so I'd like to not mess with that part too much (I'm probably gonna redesign the purple bits so they have the correct number of black lines later on, and to add a door and some sort of mounting arrangement for a viewscreen, though those things won't require and changes their dimensions).

The floor will probably be much easier, since there's only one axis of rotation and I already know what the angle is going to be for that, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Edited by BrokenEye

is it possible to remove one yellow piece from each section, so for example, leave the pieces on the left side (as you rotate round) and slightly widen the sections. It looks like one straight edge will line up to one angled piece

So I tried your suggestion with two adjacent slopey bits just to see how it works, and it's much closer, but still not quite. This is as close as they're gonna come.

n7Ilrbe.png

23 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

So I tried your suggestion with two adjacent slopey bits just to see how it works, and it's much closer, but still not quite. This is as close as they're gonna come.

n7Ilrbe.png

is it worth trying with the 2x3 wedge plates instead? Although you'd still end up with a gap at the top, although you could probably get away with one underneath... The 1x3 wedge has a slightly wider angle as it ends at 2 studs wide after only 3 studs down, instead of 4, as the wedge plate used above does. So, you'd use two 2x3 wedge plates lined up, with one underneath at the top

Although the bottom still wouldn't quite line up :s 

I'll definitely give that a shot. I'd have to put some more thought into the support structure below the plates, but then, the crude, flimsy supports I'm currently using was never intended to be anything more than a placeholder.

I've seen some creations with frigging flawless, seamless, perfectly rounded domes. I don't know how they do it, when even just the one little angled slope is this hard.

I think I've finally got it. I'm gonna keep this thread open in case someone comes up with a better way of doing this, but for now, this is what I'm going with.

OQiGVMu.png

Damn it, I think I'm gonna have to start over. The stud holes on the straight sections of the walls don't line up with one another.