Sign in to follow this  
KevFett2011

[MOC] Star Wars THE MANDALORIAN - The mudhorn

Dear LEGO community,

Finally I can present to you my newest Star Wars THE MANDALORIAN creation, which shows the fight between Mando and the mudhorn from episode 2 of the successful Disney+ series. 
After several days and at least 3 complete different designs of the mudhorn which didn't turned out well for me I got an idea which I think is really cool: I used the body of the LEGO mammoth animal and designed an own head. I'm very happy with the result, so I hope you like it as well.

50277446193_a5cdbe5c32_z.jpgStar Wars THE MANDALORIAN - The Mudhorn by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

50277446168_d325fe140f_z.jpgStar Wars THE MANDALORIAN - The Mudhorn by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

Episode 2 from THE MANDALORIAN shows the battle between Mando and the mudhorn. My creation represent an area of the muddy bottom near the mudhorn cave. The mudhorn run towards Mando, he raises his knife but suddenly the mudhorn begins to fly...baby yoda, which is near the fight, uses the force raise the mudhorn. That's the opportunity for Mando to kill the beast. 

Hopefully you like my new creation, I think it turned out well and it is a scene I didn't see as a MOC before. 

Please let me know what you think about it :D

Greetings Kevin 

Here is a video of my creation I uploaded on my YouTube channel:

That mammoth piece works really well for the mudhorn, it seems to be the perfect scale as well. And the Child is very neat as well. Great MOC!

Excellent design and MOC for chapter two, the mud detail really looks great as a base and the mammoth as the base body works so incredibly well and there is some nice sculpting on the mudhorn head too!
I've been working on a Mandalorian build of the Blurgg's in a microfighter scale : 

In the style of the Star Wars Microfighters, This is my Blurrg MOC from The Mandalorian for an upcoming build, really pleased how this came together but involves some none traditional building to get the head and tail correct

Will u present instructions for the mudhorn ? Im going to build it, the lower jaw will be maybe a challenge to figure out but i will do it somehow. Just for the non-AFOL crowd who would like to build it to when i start to share it would be nice.

Wasnt able to quickly figure out the bottom jaw, but then i realized that your version can not tilt the head down and its straight (i assume) so i went wit a different solution and now i can tilt the head down and even to sides. But the head is now 1stud longer. And of course i did not purchased that set where those eyes were (at a discounted price) as i thought i dont need it. Well now my dianoga is without an eye and i can not finish this mudhorn

UPDATE: Good news, the eye was also in 2 other sets, and i definitely have that Elves one where it should be exactly 2pcs - one regular and one as extra - now the task will be to find it and hope that my daughters did not lost this small piece :D

Edited by STARHAWK