Hinckley

FABUpunk! Mafia II–Day Three, Bad Morning, Y'all

2 minutes ago, Gilford Goat said:

:cry_sad: Please no.

I mean, I feel like it bears considering. :def_shrug: it's certainly the last borfing mechanic I want to deal with, but this IS the first secret role and it could be anything from janitor to bulletproof to anarchy2electricboogaloo, to converting. We'd be shooting ourselves in the footpaws if we didn't consider it. 

6 minutes ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

Also to be on the safe side if I were you I'd double check the meaning of your successful result with the Forest God. I'm pretty sure you get a "successful" result regardless of what your action accomplishes so long as you weren't blocked from carrying it out. I don't think a success automatically means you've diffused a bomb.

I just meant that it was good that I got a result because it meant it did go through today. I really didn't understand that. You'll remember my concerns about how it would work with it being the next night. If It had actually been the full defusal, I bet we would have seen something in the intro.

Just now, Bartosz Bulldog said:

We'd be shooting ourselves in the footpaws if we didn't consider it. 

Oh no absolutely, but that won't stop me from letting everyone know it makes me sad lol.

9 minutes ago, Parvani Poodle said:

Ok so who blocked you?

For my part, I was Deflector and I deflected actions from Benicia to Emeric. Not sure if anything came out of it though.

My guess would be the scum blocker? 

Any insight into why you chose your targets the way you did?

No a hider could be the purpose of needing another defuser

Another confusing point about the whole thing. Someone I spoke to had theorized that defusing the bomb would save both my target and the hider if they targeted the same person, but if what Omrom said is right and the hider gets their own bomb, your theory makes perfect sense.

12 minutes ago, Parvani Poodle said:

Is it true though? What do we know about their win condition?

For my part, I was Deflector and I deflected actions from Benicia to Emeric. Not sure if anything came out of it though.

It seems Rutherford killed Bixby, uness I read wrong.

I was actually our compulsive hider last night. I hid behind the Fox.

10 minutes ago, Murderous Crow said:

Oh, yes yes. Of course, narrative continuity is very important. More important than achieving a fucking lynch, yeah, I went there. Fuck you. But, all the kills go through us henchmen. There are two of us, you just can't tell because we are identical. We actually switch off between frames. Anyway, when we're asked to murder a Baby Dragon Hater, we do it, even though we are ones ourselves. The devious philosophy behind our spy network is that if one of our spies is found out, they're worthless to us. We don't want anybody giving the rest of us away if they're questioned and tortured, sodium pentathol, etc. So, the best solution is to whack those bitches. Serves them right for getting caught.

I'll go hide back in the bowels of the ship now. Unless, you're serving any of those delicious marshmallows I heard about?

Oh godamnit.

1 minute ago, Corrina Cow said:

I just meant that it was good that I got a result because it meant it did go through today. I really didn't understand that. You'll remember my concerns about how it would work with it being the next night. If It had actually been the full defusal, I bet we would have seen something in the intro.

Oh yeah true I was worried you thought the result meant it worked and I didnt want to knock your hopes down. :thumbup: not sure we'd have seen it either tho. We don't usually witness successful kill blocks either.

1 minute ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

I had the Bunny, Fox, and Lamb sitting cozy together in my mind for a few things they did yesterday that stuck out to me. I'll see if I can find them again lol.

1 minute ago, Emeric Elephant said:

I hid behind the Fox.

No bomb? 

Just now, Emeric Elephant said:

It seems Rutherford killed Bixby, uness I read wrong. 

I believe that. I was only wondering if that cleared Rutherford of being Neutral.

13 minutes ago, Murderous Crow said:

Oh, yes yes. Of course, narrative continuity is very important. More important than achieving a fucking lynch, yeah, I went there. Fuck you. But, all the kills go through us henchmen. There are two of us, you just can't tell because we are identical. We actually switch off between frames. Anyway, when we're asked to murder a Baby Dragon Hater, we do it, even though we are ones ourselves. The devious philosophy behind our spy network is that if one of our spies is found out, they're worthless to us. We don't want anybody giving the rest of us away if they're questioned and tortured, sodium pentathol, etc. So, the best solution is to whack those bitches. Serves them right for getting caught.

I'll go hide back in the bowels of the ship now. Unless, you're serving any of those delicious marshmallows I heard about?

This discussion is moving too fast, I almost missed you.

That explains a lot, thank you. Despite that, you don't get marshmallows, those are reserved for the babies. Back to the bowels for you. :laugh:

I will give you a gift though, a new name. Since your type kills people and you admit to hating baby dragons, how about Assassin Assholes? It's nicely alliterative. Alternately, Murderous Magpies, as you're all in the same family, corvid. Awfully close to another name in the news lately...

I had the Bunny, Fox, and Lamb sitting cozy together in my mind for a few things they did yesterday that stuck out to me. I'll see if I can find them again lol.

That was more at the Poodle than at you but I definitely think that it's a good policy to explain our thought processes behind our actions going forward. Makes it easier to see if they're well intentioned in a game where the scum may also benefit from these oneshots we receive. The silt at the bottom of my glistening pool of water and soap is cast in such a way as to agree with my preconceived notions of how events will transpire and it says we can only win if we are vigorous in our analysis of actions, which always speak louder than words. 

3 minutes ago, Parvani Poodle said:

I believe that. I was only wondering if that cleared Rutherford of being Neutral.

Unless they can give themself roles, (they don't need, to they can just lie) I'd think Racoon is likely cleared.

10 minutes ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

My guess would be the scum blocker?  

Just a shot in the dark at deflecting potential dangerous actions (reading bombs or whatever) from someone I read as more townie towards someone I'm rather suspicious of.

It was in the quiet of night that I approached our gracious goat - I presume that he it was a virgin and all know that a virgin dually sacrificed will protect her people through the night. I told him about the blade entrusted to me and we pondered. Virgin he was not and I must look elsewhere for a Target, so I tell him then if my plan to strike the elephant as by the book he was guilty.

But he took so long to respond that I wondered if you whispered with conspirators and I feared him to be a Godfather. For many reasons I abandon my first Target and looked for another. And I saw her last post I remembered always having a sense of discomfort about the rabbit. I could not put it to a name if I tried but this - the syntax of every sentence was wrong, like notes struck in the wrong order. And so I struck purely on instinct and my blade song true. I waited till nearly Dawn so that all actions in the night might have been passed and then I whispered two others who I was and what I had done so that even if my darkest fears realized still I might be useful even in death.

30 minutes ago, Gilford Goat said:

No bomb? 

If there was, Franzecka and me would both be deader than Hinckley's humor.

27 minutes ago, Parvani Poodle said:

Yup

1 hour ago, Gilford Goat said:

Rutherford you fucking legend!

1 hour ago, Emeric Elephant said:

Great! Looks like the Raccoon is cleared town and not Trickster. I take back anything bad I said about you.

1 hour ago, Corrina Cow said:

Congrats, Rutherford, both for the kill and the award! Only one thing ... why did the crow do your kill if he hates dragon babies and said so? I feel like our resident narrator has messed you over again, like yesterday. Why does he hate you so much? :laugh: Don't worry, it doesn't make me suspect you again, I'm just giving him a hard time.

59 minutes ago, Benicia Bear said:

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAHHHHH BABY!!!

LAST NIGHT I tracked Rutherford Raccoon, and I doubt anyone will be surprised that he targeted Bixby Bunny. Nice choice Rutherford, and congrats on your wings!

48 minutes ago, Parvani Poodle said:

+1 :excited:

46 minutes ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

Congratulations are definitely in order to Rutherford! Your new wings suit you. I didn't know you could change your shape! Are you secretly a Tanuki

my deepest thanks my friends! I hug each and everyone of you!

45 minutes ago, Murderous Crow said:

A clever and sagacious answer, cunning Crow.

And indeed odds Bodkins where was all this energy yesterday? *huh* 

Hello everyone. This is good news that Bixby was scum. This proves that Rutherford isn't the Trickster. Interesting as well that the Fox was blocked last night. That seems to be the best place to look today.

49 minutes ago, Murderous Crow said:

How many NPC accounts do you have? 

I feel it prudent to revisit the roles of yesterday that we might parse a clear message of the muddled mirky grime of the night's activities:

"Scum get a Godfather
Scum get a Blocker (Presumably blocked Gilford Goat)
Scum Kill is an Anarchist (they will hand a bomb to one player and the bomb will explode on Night 3)

1. Compulsive Investigator * Gilford Goat: Failed to investigate the Fox.
  2. Compulsive Vigilante * Rutherford Raccoon: Successfully killed the Bunny.
  3. Deflector * Parvini Poodle: Successfully deflected actions from Benicia to Emeric.
  4. Compulsive Bomb-proof Bomb-Diffuser * Corrina Cow: Successfully defused ???
  5. Compulsive Ghoul (if targeted by the Anarchist, their target gets the bomb instead.) *
  6. Compulsive Blocker Bartostz Bulldog: Successfully Blocked the Fox.
  7. Compulsive Watcher
  8. Tracker Bernicia Bear: Successfully Tracked the Raccoon who killed the Bunny. 
  9. Virgin / Holbrook Horse. Did not get laid.
  10.  Compulsive Hooker Shainen Sheepdog: fuuccced w/ Parvini Poodle
  11. Compulsive Hider (If they hide behind a bomb recipient, receives one too) Emeric Elephant: Hid behind the Fox.
  12. Fruit Vendor
  13. Encryptor (If given to Scum, they are able to communicate during the Day)
  14. Baby Dragon Bath"
  15. Baby Dragon Bed Time Story"

Just now, Rutherford Raccoon said:

We must ask ourselves - why was there only one slain last night? Did the baby dragon haters miss the night?

Bomb. Duh. 

Not that it couldn't have been blocked or defused. We just won't know until tomorrow night. Borf.

45 minutes ago, Corrina Cow said:

If It had actually been the full defusal, I bet we would have seen something in the intro.

022.jpg

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Players may not target themselves, unless otherwise noted in your role PM.

The door is left open that the trickster may assign him or herself an action. As Omrom pointed out, the twicktew's magic has grown during the past century and may be better able to blend in.

1 minute ago, Rutherford Raccoon said:

And indeed odds Bodkins where was all this energy yesterday? *huh* 

Yes indeed mon ami!

4 minutes ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

How many NPC accounts do you have? 

You mean you're NOT an NPC? :look:

1 minute ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

Bomb. Duh. 

Not that it couldn't have been blocked or defused. We just won't know until tomorrow night. Borf.

Absolument!