Sign in to follow this  
JintaiZ

11009 Bricks and Lights review!

Welcome to my next review! In this review, you will find out if the 11009 is a good set and is it worth adding it into your collection. Anyways, let's begin!

The builds looks kind of cool, but I think it looks somewhat weird to me... Hopefully it's just me but I find the color scheme kind of messy and I would rather prefer something that uses only 1 or 2 colors. I think my favorite is the shark and the ghost, which looks cool. But most other builds just isn't appealing to me. For example, the pirate ship. As a pirate fan, I'm happy to see a pirate ship included, and I truly appreciate that LEGO included it, but it just looks unfinished to me.

On the bright side, the shadows are really cool to make and definitely great for kids...

And it represents great value of money...

This is definitely a great set for kids. The design isn't perfect, but kids probably won't care much. I recommend this one.

Edited by JintaiZ

It might be helpful with these reviews if you added some pictures of the set... or at least weblinks to the set's bricklink entry or Lego shop page.

I wouldn't be quite so critical of the designs. This is a Lego "classic" set, so the focus isn't on the models that Lego show you how to build - rather, it's about what kids can design themselves. The provided models are just basic ideas to get the creative juices flowing.

I also agree it would be good if some of the Creator or Classic sets had a more limited colour palette, just to get bricks in bulk, but I don't think kids would care too much. Speaking for myself, I remember one of my very earliest childhood MOCs was a large-ish brick built figure of Darth Vader that didn't use a single black brick, and looked like he'd had an accident with a paint mixer :laugh:

Edited by NathanR

52 minutes ago, NathanR said:

It might be helpful with these reviews if you added some pictures of the set... or at least weblinks to the set's bricklink entry or Lego shop page.

I wouldn't be quite so critical of the designs. This is a Lego "classic" set, so the focus isn't on the models that Lego show you how to build - rather, it's about what kids can design themselves. The provided models are just basic ideas to get the creative juices flowing.

I also agree it would be good if some of the Creator or Classic sets had a more limited colour palette, just to get bricks in bulk, but I don't think kids would care too much. Speaking for myself, I remember one of my very earliest childhood MOCs was a large-ish brick built figure of Darth Vader that didn't use a single black brick, and looked like he'd had an accident with a paint mixer :laugh:

Thanks for your comment.

I thought of including images, but I feel like my photography skills needs a lot of improvement...

I will include pictures when I feel ready to...

The design, when compared to other classic sets, still feels a bit lacking...

Great LEGO Ideas project by the way.