Sign in to follow this  
TJJohn12

[MOC] Peter Pan Flight - Disney Parks ride vehicle

Guests were put in the shoes (tights?) of Peter Pan himself, flying from the Darling's nursery on to Neverland to battle Captain Hook. Guests did not quite grasp the concept of *being* Peter Pan, wondering why a Peter audio-animatronic wasn't present in the ride named after him. This was true of all of Fantasyland's dark rides - placing guests into the shoes of the main character. Audiences weren't quite ready for the new idea, so later Peter Pan AAs were added to the attraction when it was rebuilt in 1983.

Peter Pan's Flight is still reliably one of the most popular rides - and longest waits - in each of the "castle parks" around the world.

-----

This model was a real struggle to get right. The vibrant and varied colors of the pirate ship ride vehicles offer very particular challenges - so many colors in such a tight space required extensive SNOT work. Like the real ride vehicles, the LEGO version seats two minifigures in a somewhat cramped space. The model has studs facing every direction.

The diorama at the base depicts the iconic show scene over London's street, a fantastic use of forces perspective in the actual ride. Just like the ride, the line of headlights in the street are illuminated - in this case with LED fairy lights.

Peter Pan's Flight (1955)

[See more on Flickr]

YESSSS! I'm always thrilled to see anything related to Disney theme parks built out of LEGO! One of my dream sets is an entire suite of Fantasyland ride vehicles with appropriate character minifigs.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:46 PM, Karalora said:

YESSSS! I'm always thrilled to see anything related to Disney theme parks built out of LEGO! One of my dream sets is an entire suite of Fantasyland ride vehicles with appropriate character minifigs.

Thanks! I'm slowly getting there. Parts are on order for 1956-style Skyway buckets next. Though there's a few (Snow White, Pinocchio, Pooh) that aren't all that interesting at this scale that I'll likely skip, frankly.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:57 PM, Sheesh417 said:

That looks great! I also love Disneyland builds! would love to get the instructions to your moc!

Peter Pan will likely never get a good set of instructions - the build is just too complex and it's hard to get the order of operations right. There's some gravity-pinned elements that happens to get the hull shape right, and it's so hard to explain that in print.

BUT! Stay tuned - I might have a fun set of instructions for you soon. :-)

On 8/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, carebear said:

WOW!

Love this!

the colors are just right!

Greetings!

Thanks so much!